It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's an all-you-can-play buffet!

The Chinese New Year Sale is about to bid us zaijian but don't fret: another delicious Weekly sale is here to keep you pleasantly flummoxed about what to get and when to play it. It's a potpourri of acclaimed heavyweights, distinguished indies and cult oldies you need to check out.

Emerge into a post-apocalyptic Moscow and get nibbled on by packs of mutated monstrosities, aggressive radioactive residue and some kind of nightmarish spider-crabs; yup, this the Metro series alright.

Add some color to your life with the stunning Trine series, a magical fairytale place where puzzles and platforming intertwine in perfect unison. Gather some friends for a co-op session and then jump right into Nine Parchments, the chaotic fireball-'em-up set in the same colorful universe.

When you feel ready to be challenged and rewarded in equal measure, start your very own Rogue Legacy, an action/platformer for the whole family. Because defeating evil takes more than a few generations to fully master.

The Weekly sale ends February 26, 11 PM UTC.
Post edited February 19, 2018 by maladr0Id
Tannath: Yeah, but most of the extras are tied to the gold edition. Lame. :-|
eiii: And the Turbo edition dropped support for non-Windows operating systems, which is even more lame.
I hear you. But while that could be explained by the extra developing cost involved, the extras require absolutely no further investment. So not adding them to the Turbo edition is either cynical (basically you have to buy the game twice to get them) or simply laziness from the devs/publisher. Either way, booo!
pmcollectorboy: Ooh! Guacamelee! Which of the two versions should I get?
Vadalma: Not the Gold, but the Turbo whatever... that is the last/best version.
I don't remember how I ended up having both editions in Steam (probably a ridiculously discounted package), but I played the Gold edition because I was on a Mac, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know what they tweaked in the Turbo edition to make it "better" (I'll check in a second playthrough), but the Gold is already one of my all-time favourite metroidvania-platformers.

All this to say to those on the fence because of extras and/or OS support that they'll get a great game anyway with the Gold edition.
mike_cesara: Outcast 1.1 on sale!!!
*jaw drops*

This has been on Wishlist forever and I've never ever seen it on sale in my entire time here GOG.

This is awesome!
A lot of people were complaining during the last few sales that it's always the same games over and over. Now we get games that haven't been in a sale for half a decade!
Vadalma: Not the Gold, but the Turbo whatever... that is the last/best version.
nepundo: I don't remember how I ended up having both editions in Steam (probably a ridiculously discounted package), but I played the Gold edition because I was on a Mac, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know what they tweaked in the Turbo edition to make it "better" (I'll check in a second playthrough), but the Gold is already one of my all-time favourite metroidvania-platformers.

All this to say to those on the fence because of extras and/or OS support that they'll get a great game anyway with the Gold edition.
Aha, thanks for the reply. Interesting. I didn't see, that the Turbo edition doesn't have Mac and/or Linux version... hmmm.

From the gamecard it says:

About: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is a widely revamped version of the original Guacamelee!. Enjoy exploring two huge new levels, exploding into 'Intenso' power mode, and laying egg bombs as a chicken. You'll need every bit of power to dispatch a vicious new class of Elite enemies, a host of updated and rebalanced challenges in Normal and Hard modes, and the scheming new boss, El Trio de la Muerte.
Post edited February 20, 2018 by Vadalma
badon: ...
Indeed, this time a lot of titles I've never heard of! I've checked almost all games this time (reading descriptions, reviews and watching trailers). However finally decided to grab Outcast only, mainly because of its price and users' opinions.
badon: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Indeed, this time a lot of titles I've never heard of! I've checked almost all games this time (reading descriptions, reviews and watching trailers). However finally decided to grab Outcast only, mainly because of its price and users' opinions.
Same here for Outcast 1.1, and maybe in the future I might want to get "Outcast - Second Contact". I'm also getting the 2 Shadowgrounds games because I've been interested in a lot of "shadow"-named games (Shadowrun, Shadow Warrior, Shadow Tactics, Shadow Watch, etc. Hmm, it looks like there are 37 games with the word "shadow" in their titles:

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=popularity&search=shadow&page=1

I really like the Alien Shooter series and similar games. I would like to get Ruiner, but I can't play it on the PC I'm using now, so if I have to wait, I will wait for a bigger discount too.
Post edited February 20, 2018 by badon
Tannath: ...either cynical (basically you have to buy the game twice to get them) or simply laziness from the devs/publisher. Either way, booo!
I also seem to remember that, when they released the Turbo edition, there was a lot of complaining because, apparently, the developer went full retard with the memes, not only in the new areas but also in some of the old. So if you want to play the less obnoxious/more self-contained and consistent game, the original version is still available.
Post edited February 20, 2018 by MadalinStroe
kokosabre: Trine 1 to 3 are all beautiful, though 1 and 2 are sidescroll platformers while 3 goes full 3D(that doesnt work well really well.. also its unfinished).

Worth grabbing on sale price.
Ixamyakxim: Is Trine 3 the game show on the banner for the sale? The thing you first see when you click on the sale announcement on the front page (not the one on the right that switches between all sales, the list of news posts toward the bottom that keeps every announcement as a discreet link).
Yes
So, I have been quite strict about not buying new games, or at least not leaving it in the unplayed bin.
I got me Outcast 1.1 because I had been waiting for years for it to go on sale, and Terminal Velocity, so now I have everything by Terminal Reality available on GOG. That is TV and the first two Bloodrayne games. In the past I had also bought and played Blairwitch 1: the Rustin Parr case. These are all quite good games and I encourage everyone to ask for more games from this Texan developer. This is a list of their Windows works from the Wikipedia page:

1995 Terminal Velocity - on GOG (great soundtrack if you like electronic music it's worth the 1 € something sale price)
1995 Fury3 - not on Gog but a Terminal Velocity rework, with a DLC. Also, being released by Microsoft it's probably hard to get here. It should actually be Fury³, it's not a sequel to anything as some think.
1996 Hellbender - Fury³ sequel with Gillean Anderson voice commenting the gameplay (sort of "target destroyed", "enemy approaching", vocal messages)
1996 Monster Truck Madness
1997 CART Precision Racing
1998 Monster Truck Madness 2
1999 Fly!
1999 Nocturne - an interesting adventure
[url=]https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/nocturne[/url]

2000 Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr - I would like to complete it after so many years. Same engine used with Nocturne.
[url=]https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/blair_witch_volume_1_rustin_parr[/url]

2000 4x4 Evolution
2001 Fly! II
2001 4x4 EVO 2
2002 BloodRayne - on GOG
2003 BlowOut
2004 BloodRayne 2 - on GOG
2009 Ghostbusters: The Video Game - this would be AWESOME, please vote
[url=]https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/ghostbusters_the_video_game[/url]

2013 The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - it had a poor reception and it's not on Steam anymore, probably some licence issue as well.

Special mention: Kyle Richards is the composer of many of these games soundtracks and it would be good to have the audio files as well.
Post edited February 21, 2018 by Dogmaus
Is that Bombshell game any good?
I've read in some old forum posts that you cannot change the controls in the Blake Stone games to WASD with mouse look. Is that still the case with the current game version?