It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

(I'm terrible with finding anything in a forum (or the WWW in general). Is there already a topic about this?)

Received an email with subject "We’re updating our User Agreement and Privacy".

First and foremost: What is so hard about including a plain text version in your emails, GOG?!
(I'm okay. I was able to view the HTML in emacs. But really! Plain text for posterity!)

Okay, second. Link to newsletter online, from email:
http://www.gog.com/newsletter/20190226_Updates_Legal_EN

And, third, for posterity:
Hey,

We’re updating our User Agreement and Privacy Policy, the documents that govern our relationship with you.

Why?

We want to let you know about few changes: (1) We’re adding a new functionality - GOG Direct to Account that will enable partnered platforms to activate, directly on your GOG.COM account, content purchased via these selected third party platforms; (2) we’re concluding the Fair Price Package program that some users were eligible for. For more details please see here. (3) We’ve also refreshed our Voluntary Refund Policy now offering refunds for GOG Wallet funds.

What?

We wanted to reflect all this in our policies. Plus we did some minor tidying up of the documents. You can see the updated terms here.

How?

We’re notifying you now by email, the updated versions are on the GOG.COM website and the changes take effect 30 days from now (you'll find more information about this in our User Agreement).

Do I need to do anything?

Nope.

What if I have questions?

Please contact us here and we’ll be happy to help.
From the User agreement:
Direct to Account Distribution
6.8  We have a direct to account distribution feature (we’ll call it ‘GOG Direct to Account) where distribution platforms who partner with us would be able to sell games or other content to you, where you could choose for that game/content to be automatically activated within your GOG account, without the need to redeem any codes. Just to be clear, the whole purchase process is handled by the other platform, so in case of any issues with the purchase process please speak with them directly. We say a little bit more about this in the Refunds and Returns section below. Of course, anything connected to our platform’s services is still our responsibility.

7.5 Direct to Account purchases: Like we mentioned earlier, if you buy a game/content via an applicable third party distribution platform partner of ours who is using the GOG Direct to Account API, and you choose to activate the game/content on your GOG account, then the partner (not GOG) is responsible for the game/content – including for consumer law remedies like refunds and returns. For this particular matter therefore we cannot offer you Our Voluntary Returns Guarantee (because GOG didn’t sell the game/content).
The Privacy Policy:
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
4.2  When you use GOG services we may also collect the following information (how we use it is described later in this document):
(g) if you purchase content via a third party platform which uses our GOG Direct to Account API, the platform may share data with us such as your platform ID, order details or your IP address;
(...and in a few more places in the Privacy(?) Policy...)
Okay, now with all of that context, here's the actual topic. GOG Direct to Account: activating content purchased via third party platform on your GOG.COM account.

Does anyone know what that means? And is that anything to do with:
elcook
Conclusion of the Fair Price Package program, post 199
--8<-----snip----->8--
We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.
And where's the forum topic for this?
Post edited February 27, 2019 by thomq
Please ask a mod to edit your thread title, it's a crime against humanity.

I for one am cautiously excited. Maybe the non-game-distribution infrastructure will actually see some use and the DRM-free standard will reach into anoher medium. (But if they partner with Udemy, I'll picket the headquarters. Naked.)
It probably means a third party can add games directly to your account without having to go through GoG to get redemption codes. I have have severe issues with Kickstarted games on GoG with stuff missing - I would normally have to go through the Kickstarter developers because GoG has no idea what I should have. It usually takes weeks to resolve. Hopefully this will be a way to resolve such situations quickly.
tremere110: It probably means a third party can add games directly to your account without having to go through GoG to get redemption codes. I have have severe issues with Kickstarted games on GoG with stuff missing - I would normally have to go through the Kickstarter developers because GoG has no idea what I should have. It usually takes weeks to resolve. Hopefully this will be a way to resolve such situations quickly.
What this probably means is places like humble bundle will start selling GOG keys legitimately. It's what I took away from the news when I saw it.