It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nVidia just showed a video of the newer raytracing option coming out for CyberPunk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7Zbzd-6fs

And honestly I prefer it without ray tracing. I have to work to tell the difference in some of the scenes and where it's obvious I like it less because it just adds glare making it harder to see things. It reminds me a little of ENB where it can look nice sometimes but often looks super dark and makes seeing things harder than if it was just off.

Like I guess not being able to see well because of glare from the sun or it being dark is realistic, but I don't see it as desirable.

Anyone agree, or am I unusual in thinking this?
Post edited April 05, 2023 by EverNightX
Didn't Cyberpunk already have RT? I'm sure I turned it on in my first olaythrough.
paladin181: Didn't Cyberpunk already have RT? I'm sure I turned it on in my first olaythrough.
Yes, for certain aspects. But this is supposed to be for the entire scene.
paladin181: Didn't Cyberpunk already have RT? I'm sure I turned it on in my first olaythrough.
EverNightX: Yes, for certain aspects. But this is supposed to be for the entire scene.
Apparently the update will require DLSS3, which is gated behind 40xx series cards by NVIDIA. Shame,I'm not buying another card for another couple of years at least. My 3070 will have to do.
paladin181: Apparently the update will require DLSS3, which is gated behind 40xx series cards by NVIDIA. Shame,I'm not buying another card for another couple of years at least. My 3070 will have to do.
Yeah I don't think any card can run it at native resolutions.
Full path tracing at least fulfills the goal of ray tracing, which is more realistic lighting and such. I remember laughing my butt off in Digital Foundry's original Cyberpunk video when they showed a well lit tunnel as a sign of "bad" lighting and flicked RT on to show it was dark now. However then they enabled the "psycho" setting and suddenly the tunnel was lit again, because of more bounce lights or whatever.

In other words it was still all an approximation underneath full path tracing, just a supposedly closer one. As psychotically demanding as it is, at least path tracing meets the goal.

That said realism does not equal more beautiful and never has. I like ray traced reflections because they don't vanish when I look up and down, but the lighting stuff... meh. I kind of would rather artists place lights themselves and get a hand crafted look. In the new Cyberpunk footage suddenly the opening apartment mission is super bright which I doubt the artists ever intended.. Maybe I'm weird.
Post edited April 05, 2023 by StingingVelvet