It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: What it means is that the term is basically meaningless.
amok: god - you are destroying my fallow-up argument. no matter who he brought up it would not matter as they would not have identified as SJW, or they would have had some views making them not SJW's.... it is a group that do not exist, therefore they could not have advocated any censorship or bans. But I guess that it for me here now, lets get the kids going back to chasing their boogeyman again.
Thank you for admitting the goalposts can be moved so far they can't be reached. Saves me a lot of time ;)
amok: from a random interweb person? possibly - an any random rant then can be countered by random rants from the other side who want a game band because it contain a gay / female / made-by-a-person-they-dont- like rant.

It must be by some of the famous SJW's.
tremere110: For the record, I consider anyone who wants to ban video games SJWs regardless of which side of the political spectrum they are. So NCOSE would qualify for trying to ban VNs from Steam even though they are conservative.

But you seem to want left leaning examples. There's Equality Now which managed to get Rapelay and a whole set of hentai games banned IN JAPAN.

Keith Vaz (famous SJW) led the fight against Rapelay and prevented it's sale in most of the world. Ironically he turned out to be a massive sexual predator but that doesn't mean he wasn't a SJW.
Your post points towards your use of the term "SJW" being meaningless. If anyone you don't like is an SJW, then the term is just a pointless insult and nothing more.
amok: god - you are destroying my fallow-up argument. no matter who he brought up it would not matter as they would not have identified as SJW, or they would have had some views making them not SJW's.... it is a group that do not exist, therefore they could not have advocated any censorship or bans. But I guess that it for me here now, lets get the kids going back to chasing their boogeyman again.
tremere110: Thank you for admitting the goalposts can be moved so far they can't be reached. Saves me a lot of time ;)
they are moved in terms of that they did not exist to begin with :)
low rated
tremere110: Probably trying to say Nazis are bogeymen for liberals.

For example.

Just because you see Nazis everywhere doesn't they don't exist. But seeing Nazis everywhere becomes a problem.
Right, but nazi has a concrete definition. Misuse doesn't affect that, nazis were (and are) a real thing.

SJW is alt-right for "someone I disagree with" and there's no genuine definition behind it as there is with nazi.
tremere110: For the record, I consider anyone who wants to ban video games SJWs regardless of which side of the political spectrum they are. So NCOSE would qualify for trying to ban VNs from Steam even though they are conservative.

But you seem to want left leaning examples. There's Equality Now which managed to get Rapelay and a whole set of hentai games banned IN JAPAN.

Keith Vaz (famous SJW) led the fight against Rapelay and prevented it's sale in most of the world. Ironically he turned out to be a massive sexual predator but that doesn't mean he wasn't a SJW.
PoppyAppletree: Your post points towards your use of the term "SJW" being meaningless. If anyone you don't like is an SJW, then the term is just a pointless insult and nothing more.
I clearly defined what a SJW is to me. It's not anyone I don't like - it's someone who wants to ban video games. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
low rated
PoppyAppletree: Your post points towards your use of the term "SJW" being meaningless. If anyone you don't like is an SJW, then the term is just a pointless insult and nothing more.
tremere110: I clearly defined what a SJW is to me. It's not anyone I don't like - it's someone who wants to ban video games. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
I don't want to ban video games.

Guess I'm not an SJW?

Somehow, I doubt you'll agree with me.
low rated
PoppyAppletree: I don't want to ban video games.

Guess I'm not an SJW?

Loving the new title. :P
amok: The simplicity is due to the simplistic view presented here - "SJW's are censoring and banning our games!!!!". As I keep saying, this is not a simple issue, but rather very complex and all bans, censorship and ratings of any media is rooted in a country's political, demographic and religious history.
I think that nowadays it's more than just difference in political, demographics and religions history, it is not that "SJW's are censoring and banning our games!!!!" but more that "Some peoples very vocal online, some of them using social justice concerns as an excuse, are trying to instigate a climate in which developers are more and more inclined to self censor themselves or alter their work in hope to avoid any potential controversy; controversy often instigated by the same previously mentioned peoples"
tremere110: I clearly defined what a SJW is to me. It's not anyone I don't like - it's someone who wants to ban video games. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Guess I'm not an SJW?

it also makes people like Anita Sarkeesian no longer SJW's :)

some context - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/30/gamers-criticism-censorship

Guess I'm not an SJW?

In regards to video games - I don't know enough of your views on video games to really know.

Outside of video games I have a definition that I use that usually doesn't apply on these forums. Anyone who doxxes, harasses or illegally threatens to is an automatic SJW. Yes, this means that there are quite a few Gamergaters who are just as bad as the SJWs they claim to stand against. The thing is as far as I can tell none of those idiots are on these forums. You are very close to that definition in regards to another post you made on these forums. I've already contacted you about it - you know which one it is.
low rated
deleted

Guess I'm not an SJW?

amok: it also makes people like Anita Sarkeesian no longer SJW's :)

some context - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/30/gamers-criticism-censorship
Well, she's doxxed people - apparently it's okay if it's someone that disagrees with her agenda. That does qualify her as a SJW in my book. Her views on video games doesn't bother me otherwise - she's just another youtuber. What bothers me is she has no problem backing up those views with threats and harassment.

And no, I won't link that doxx here. You can find it on Google easy enough.
low rated

Guess I'm not an SJW?

tremere110: In regards to video games - I don't know enough of your views on video games to really know.

Outside of video games I have a definition that I use that usually doesn't apply on these forums. Anyone who doxxes, harasses or illegally threatens to is an automatic SJW. Yes, this means that there are quite a few Gamergaters who are just as bad as the SJWs they claim to stand against. The thing is as far as I can tell none of those idiots are on these forums. You are very close to that definition in regards to another post you made on these forums. I've already contacted you about it - you know which one it is.
*Sigh*

Half the forum knew the guy's name, and I responded to the person who actually posted his first name to acknowledge that he (Cambrey) was being a dick. What exactly do you think would have transpired differently otherwise? My guess is the same blow-up would have happened, but specifically targeted at Cambrey instead of the portrait which is currently being painted of me doxxing him. Mind, given the absolute lack of distance he has provided between his online and offline identities, a stiff breeze would reveal his full name. The level of restriction on personal freedoms required to prevent that association being made would be vastly more onerous than any I've ever seen legitimately suggested by anyone over the age of 14 who wasn't a tumblr-user. At the end of the day, you need to step up and take personal responsibility for your own online privacy.

That said, I am currently in communication with the affected user, and would appreciate you not discussing it any further as further mythologising the situation is doing nothing to help its resolution.

Guess I'm not an SJW?

SirPrimalform: Loving the new title. :P
Nope, you're not a SJW to me as long as you don't try to ban video games or engage in criminal behavior to push an agenda. Wear that title with pride ;)
As I mentioned on the last(?) page, people keep talking about "SJWs want to ban/censor our games!", and when I pointed out that nobody said any such thing (and asked for someone saying such a thing), no response was given.

"Infamous" Anita has never asked a game to be banned or censored, to my knowledge. "Dirty corrupt unethical" Polygon, Kotaku, Gamasutra, VG24/7 (never heard of that last one before this, but I'm willing to throw it into the mix) have never asked for a game to be banned or censored.

Even the stuff about "Gamers are dead". I mocked and laughed at "Gamers" in their mom's basements who boasted their KD ratios in CoD while yelling about copulating with my mother, and lamented that their tanks were taking the brunt of aggro to the healer's HoT in WoW (dunno the slang, don't care), long before GamersGate or those articles were a thing.
And I've been playing video games close to 30 years now. I'm HAPPY that those people don't represent my hobby, and I'm HAPPY that more people appreciate this wonderful medium like I do, I'm not jealous or angry that more women or diverse people are getting into it (as some people in this thread explicitly stated they are). That's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

Just because you love a game, just because you feel a game is great, doesn't mean that you can't point out problematic aspects of it. Mario's entire genesis being a typical and boring "Save the Princess" storyline doesn't take away from it being a great game (I lie, Mario sucks, Sonic is king). Just because the Witcher 3 is called out for not featuring diverse characters doesn't mean it isn't a great game (I dunno, I haven't played it yet). Gaming media isn't an either/or thing. Making games for a more diverse audience doesn't mean not making games for men or white people or white men. Nobody is taking away anything from you.

This is the problem I have with so much "Gamergater" stuff. It's built on nonsense. If the alternative is being an "SJW", and people are using that as a derogatory term, then so be it. I've constantly heard the refrain in this thread similar to "GOG WHY DID YOU KOWTOW TO THESE PEOPLE, THESE PEOPLE AREN'T EVEN YOUR CUSTOMERS, US GAMERGATERS ARE!".
Well, I'm not a "gamergater" in the least, and I'm a happy gog customer (most of the time. Fix your stuff, gog). And from seeing the people in this thread who've expressed the same as me, gog has understood its customer base perfectly, so thanks!