It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kalanyr: Just as a heads-up I will be traveling internationally
Have a nice trip! :)

(wait, in august.. it will take a while XD)
Post edited June 03, 2018 by phaolo
GogRepo crashed for me about half of the way through downloading all of my game. Anyone know how I can download the rest of the files without downloading everything again?

Cheers
takethepain: GogRepo crashed for me about half of the way through downloading all of my game. Anyone know how I can download the rest of the files without downloading everything again?

Cheers
Should just be able to start the download process again and it should pick up where it left off. Save any log files first if you want to figure out what happened.
takethepain: GogRepo crashed for me about half of the way through downloading all of my game. Anyone know how I can download the rest of the files without downloading everything again?

Cheers
Just checking that you're using my fork rather than the original, I added download resume in October but even in the worst case the original Gogrepo should never lose more than a little under ~64 Gigs, since the worst possible download break for it is if 4 of the really big Linux sh files get interrupted simultaneously as they are are kilobytes from finishing the download. Anything that was completed should still be detected as completed.

Waiting longer (passed the error being fixed of course) is generally worse as it increases the chances something you've already downloaded will be updated and need downloading again.

Cheers
Kalanyr: Just checking that you're using my fork rather than the original, I added download resume in October but even in the worst case the original Gogrepo should never lose more than a little under ~64 Gigs, since the worst possible download break for it is if 4 of the really big Linux sh files get interrupted simultaneously as they are are kilobytes from finishing the download. Anything that was completed should still be detected as completed.

Waiting longer (passed the error being fixed of course) is generally worse as it increases the chances something you've already downloaded will be updated and need downloading again.
Sorry I'm not using your fork and didn't even realise there was one! Where do I download yours from please?
Kalanyr: Just checking that you're using my fork rather than the original, I added download resume in October but even in the worst case the original Gogrepo should never lose more than a little under ~64 Gigs, since the worst possible download break for it is if 4 of the really big Linux sh files get interrupted simultaneously as they are are kilobytes from finishing the download. Anything that was completed should still be detected as completed.

takethepain: Sorry I'm not using your fork and didn't even realise there was one! Where do I download yours from please?
Here: https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepo

You can try the dev branch if you're feeling more adventurous, it's got some extra features but also breaks backwards compatibility more.
Kalanyr: Could you check if the file cookies.txt.tmp was generated in the same folder and if it has the GOG related stuff in it, with some basic cleaning up ?
Sorry about taking forever to get back to you.

I did check, and there was both cookies.txt.tmp and gog-cookies.dat files. The content of the cookies.txt.tmp appears to be mostly the same as cookies.txt, but with some editing and snipping.
Kalanyr: Could you check if the file cookies.txt.tmp was generated in the same folder and if it has the GOG related stuff in it, with some basic cleaning up ?
JethCalark: Sorry about taking forever to get back to you.

I did check, and there was both cookies.txt.tmp and gog-cookies.dat files. The content of the cookies.txt.tmp appears to be mostly the same as cookies.txt, but with some editing and snipping.
If it has all the gog domain cookies in it, I'm not sure what's going wrong. I know I can login using that method on Windows 10. What OS / Browser are you using, I think I'll have to try and duplicate your circumstances as closely as possible to troubleshoot this ?
Post edited June 05, 2018 by Kalanyr
I'm getting the cookies using Firefox on Fedora 27, then used scp to transfer them to my headless CentOS 7.5 server where I run gogrepo. I installed python 3.4 from the EPEL repo, created a virtual environment, and used the virtual environment's pip to install all the necessary modules. Gave both the dev and master branches a try. My commands go like this:

cd /home/me/gogtool/gogrepo
/home/me/gogtool/py_virt/bin/python /home/me/gogtool/gogrepo/gogrepoc.py update

Knowing how these things go, it's probably something trivially stupid on my end. Thanks for looking into this.
Post edited June 05, 2018 by JethCalark
JethCalark: I'm getting the cookies using Firefox on Fedora 27, then used scp to transfer them to my headless CentOS 7.5 server where I run gogrepo. I installed python 3.4 from the EPEL repo, created a virtual environment, and used the virtual environment's pip to install all the necessary modules. Gave both the dev and master branches a try. My commands go like this:

cd /home/me/gogtool/gogrepo
/home/me/gogtool/py_virt/bin/python /home/me/gogtool/gogrepo/gogrepoc.py update

Knowing how these things go, it's probably something trivially stupid on my end. Thanks for looking into this.
Could you try using the cookies.txt to login on the Fedora box ? If that works you could just send the gog-cookies.dat across, if it doesn't it at least narrows down the suspects.
Just tried on the Fedora box. Still says "Failed to load product data".
JethCalark: Just tried on the Fedora box. Still says "Failed to load product data".
Hmm. That error suggests that gogrepo thinks it has the cookies but that GOG doesn't like them*. Could you try renaming your gog-cookies.dat to eg gog-cookies.bak and then using update again (with your cookies.txt in the same directory as gogrepo of course ), if you have a cookies.txt.tmp rename that too.

*The error for being unable to get cookies is 'failed to load cookies, did you login first?'
Post edited June 06, 2018 by Kalanyr
I renamed cookies.txt.tmp to cookies.txt.bak and gog-cookies.dat to gog-cookies.bak.

It still says "Failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)".
JethCalark: I renamed cookies.txt.tmp to cookies.txt.bak and gog-cookies.dat to gog-cookies.bak.

It still says "Failed to load product data (are you still logged in?)".
Interesting. Thanks for that. I'll poke at it myself this weekend and see if I can identify the issue. I'm suspecting the issue is going to have to do with the encoding somehow (maybe Linebreaks ?)
Could I get you to post again what Firefox / Cookie Exporter you're using please ? I'm about to reboot into Linux and see how this works for me, so if it work's properly I'll probably need that information.