It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unfortunatelly still many xml errors, i add a full logfile for a complete manifest generation from today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/132OzezuoocS8SQcF8QwgKLcX5nARhYLP/view?usp=sharing

Manifest was created with command "python gogrepoc.py update -os windows -lang de en -updateonly"
Post edited March 10, 2022 by Genericjohndoe
Kalanyr: Okay, pushed an update that should fully restore parity with the situation before the GOG updates (ie it should work as well as the website), let me know if any downloads are still broken in exciting ways.
Just tried the new version with a single updated game in my library : DV Rings of Saturn. No problems with the MD5 data for the two updated setup executables, but I did have problems with the download and got some errors such as :

"request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s..."

Which led to: "unexpected connection error fetching md5 data for......Please retry in 24 hours." which is very strange as the MD5 for both updated files in the manifest is correct so the MD5 must have been obtained correctly despite the error.

I also got a ""request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s..." at the start of the second file's download. I've never seen this during the download sequence before.

The full download log file is here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkusSFHlKO4LnwZMAP-JWi8OM8wu?e=uTI3gs
Post edited March 10, 2022 by ikrananka
Kalanyr: Okay, pushed an update that should fully restore parity with the situation before the GOG updates (ie it should work as well as the website), let me know if any downloads are still broken in exciting ways.
ikrananka: Just tried the new version with a single updated game in my library : DV Rings of Saturn. No problems with the MD5 data for the two updated setup executables, but I did have problems with the download and got some errors such as :

"request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s..."

Which led to: "unexpected connection error fetching md5 data for......Please retry in 24 hours." which is very strange as the MD5 for both updated files in the manifest is correct so the MD5 must have been obtained correctly despite the error.

I also got a ""request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net', port=443): Read timed out. (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s..." at the start of the second file's download. I've never seen this during the download sequence before.

The full download log file is here : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkusSFHlKO4LnwZMAP-JWi8OM8wu?e=uTI3gs
I can explain both those things, md5 data is downloaded fresh when you start downloading a file, so that the md5 chunk data which is used for resuming partial downloads is as up to date as possible and if that it's not out of sync with the file to be downloaded on the server as a result of things that gogrepo did.

The md5 in the manifest is stored only during the update process and is the value for the whole file at once.
Post edited March 10, 2022 by Kalanyr
Geralt_of_Rivia: I wish it were that simple but sadly it isn't.

1) An XML that is not available now (or even most of the time) can randomly be available later if you just keep retrying.

2) An XML that is not available for you can be available for me or the other way round because we download from different CDN servers due to our different locations.

However, if you still want reports I can PM you the files that are problematic for me.
Kalanyr: Yes, if the issue persists for you for over 24 hours let me know. That at least suggests the error is fairly wide spread throughout the CDN. Of the 5 I noticed, 2 resolved pretty quickly and seem to be fine now but the other 3 are persistently broken.
I just wanted to PM you the files that are problematic for me but your chat isn't open for everyone. I sent you a friend invite.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I just wanted to PM you the files that are problematic for me but your chat isn't open for everyone. I sent you a friend invite.
Same here, I'm working on sorting the errors etc from log, and will send it as soon as I'm finished and I'm able to PM you (unless you'd just prefer it over here via pastebin?).

Edit: Finished sorting the list by error and then game - hopefully I didn't miss anything, but all the extra information made it trickier to sort out. Sorry about that if I did - I kept the original log, so might also send it, if you want. (The second Update run is only for the games, which produced errors yesterday - I still have the log file with running the command for everything yesterday, if you also want it)
Post edited March 10, 2022 by piranha1
Using the updated script, had an error when trying to fetch data for one of Northgard's DLC. Having trouble downloading it too.

00:47:49 | (2 / 2) fetching game details for northgard...
00:48:14 | xml parsing error occurred trying to get md5 data for setup_northgard_-_dodsvagr_clan_of_the_rat_2.7.5.24912_(64bit)_(53723).exe
00:48:14 | The handled exception was:
00:48:14 |
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\gogrepoc\gogrepoc.py", line 691, in fetch_file_info
shelf_etree = xml.etree.ElementTree.fromstring(md5_response.content)
File "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1348, in XML
return parser.close()
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
00:48:14 | End exception report.
Post edited March 11, 2022 by aonaselk
aonaselk: Using the updated script, had an error when trying to fetch data for one of Northgard's DLC. Having trouble downloading it too.

00:47:49 | (2 / 2) fetching game details for northgard...
00:48:14 | xml parsing error occurred trying to get md5 data for setup_northgard_-_dodsvagr_clan_of_the_rat_2.7.5.24912_(64bit)_(53723).exe
00:48:14 | The handled exception was:
00:48:14 |
File "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\gogrepoc\gogrepoc.py", line 691, in fetch_file_info
File "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1348, in XML
return parser.close()
00:48:14 | End exception report.
Also Northgard but different file tripping the error.
15:38:47 | (2 / 2) fetching game details for northgard...
15:39:36 | xml parsing error occurred trying to get md5 data for setup_northgard_-_lyngbakr_clan_of_the_kraken_2.7.5.24912_(64bit)_(53723).exe
15:39:36 | The handled exception was:
15:39:36 |
File "D:\GoG\gogrepoc.py", line 691, in fetch_file_info
File "C:\Users\eric.tech\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1348, in XML
return parser.close()
15:39:36 | End exception report.
After using the updated script here are my results just for the update manifest part:
- 98 error errors against maybe 3 on my previous run 2 months ago
- four and a half hours long versus an hour and a half on my previous run
- the errors share several games in common with other reports
Not sure if this is related to the issues Gogrepoc has been having but recently I've been having trouble with constant interrupted downloads when downloading files through the browser. Haven't seen any posts about this lately so I'm wondering if anybody else has been dealing with this as well?
aonaselk: Not sure if this is related to the issues Gogrepoc has been having but recently I've been having trouble with constant interrupted downloads when downloading files through the browser. Haven't seen any posts about this lately so I'm wondering if anybody else has been dealing with this as well?
I haven't seen that at all. That should be unrelated to the problems with the XML files.
As far as I have understood Kalanyr, every exception that has been handled ("The handled exception was") followed by a potentially long traceback is not a problem of gogrepoc but indicates a problem with GOG's files. E.g. missing md5 checksums, missing content, wrong replies, ...
Post edited March 12, 2022 by pa.be
I think Dying Light might be running into issues with how frequently it gets updated. Just about every time I update my manifest a new version is listed. Over the past couple days the version I download has failed to import. I finally got a match with 1.48.2_(64bit)_(54247).
When creating the manifest for the first time with Kalanyr's script, if I received some errors (xml parsing, connection timeout...), is the resulting manifest safe to use? Will it update properly if the errors are fixed on GOG side? Will the game downloads be ok? Or should I delete it and start again from scratch? Seeing all those errors make me nervous...
Lhun Duum: When creating the manifest for the first time with Kalanyr's script, if I received some errors (xml parsing, connection timeout...), is the resulting manifest safe to use? Will it update properly if the errors are fixed on GOG side? Will the game downloads be ok? Or should I delete it and start again from scratch? Seeing all those errors make me nervous...
I can't comment on Kalanyr's implementation, but I can tell you those errors are new, they are due to bad xml data on GOG's end and thus unavoidable (the best a client can do is work around them).

While you definitely want to exert due diligence (at least ensure the download size matches what's indicated in the size header and if you are paranoid like me, download twice to make sure you get the same checksum both times), in my experience, the downloaded artefacts are otherwise valid. It is just the xml metadata that is bad.
Post edited March 17, 2022 by Magnitus
Kalanyr, do you still want information about the games and/or files getting issues when creating/updating the manifest?
Post edited March 18, 2022 by piranha1