It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Choose a career. Choose your friends. Choose life.

Kenshi is now available out of In Development, DRM-free.

You are but another face in the crowd. Gather a group of other slobs, train them to become fighters, maybe start a rebellion against the slavers - make a difference. Or you can lead the quiet life of a farmer instead, as long as you can keep the beasts and cannibals at bay. This is a build-your-own-story sandbox RPG/RTS in a huge world full of opportunities, ruthless people, and random acts of cruelty.
I'm surprised to see that this got a release, nice! Does it come with a manual? The store page gives no indication that I can see.
Post edited December 06, 2018 by musteriuz
"sword-punk wasteland"

GOTTA HAVE!
What's that ? "Midwinter" on sand ?

Interesting stuff. Will wait for post-release reviews, and getting a more precise idea of the gameplay.
I... think I have this on Gamersgate. They've doubtless swapped it for a Steam key by now. Maybe it'll show up on Connect?
SirPrimalform: I... think I have this on Gamersgate. They've doubtless swapped it for a Steam key by now. Maybe it'll show up on Connect?
I have several games on Gamersgate which means I don't have those games. :P
Wow took them 5 years to release it. Better late than never i guess. :p Wishlisted for now.
Not my type of game, but the music in the trailer is wonderful.
Oh wow congratulations devs!

I saw this one YEARS ago on Amazon and it caught my attention. I always meant to pick it up but didn't because I knew (based on what they had so far) I'ld be shelving it for a long time. So I sort of forgot about it until it showed up here In Dev and I promptly snatched it up. Really nice to see if finally release, I hope it does well for them.

I'm in the middle of something now, but maybe in a week or so (after release patches?) I'll pull the finished build and check it out again. I only put in a short time with an old build of the game, just to "check it out."
high rated
I've played about 500 hours of this over the last few years.

Some things you need to know:

1: its not your standard RPG - you dont get any points to place in skills because you dont level up: everything is learned by doing. Want to get tougher? Gte the crap kicked out of you. Want to be better at defending yourself? Pick some fights and set that character to block. Want to be better at stealing? Go steal things (and probably get caught and get in fights).

2: its not your standard RPG - there are no quests. Various books about the place, along with some NPC conversations will slowly build the lore of the world around you. Its more about exploration and discovery.

3: fighting itself is done rather automatically, with player control emphasizing stance, positioning etc - this is where the tactical portions come into play (along with the building elements). there are no powers / cooldowns to be triggered - though your squad will learn new techniques as they increase an ability (various kicks for example with martial arts).
Post edited December 06, 2018 by Sachys
low rated
Sachys: 3: fighting itself is done rather automatically, with player control emphasizing stance, positioning etc - this is where the tactical portions come into play (along with the building elements). there are no powers / cooldowns to be triggered - though your squad will learn new techniques as they increase an ability (various kicks for example with martial arts).
Okay you lost me there.

DAMN!
Sachys: 3: fighting itself is done rather automatically, with player control emphasizing stance, positioning etc - this is where the tactical portions come into play (along with the building elements). there are no powers / cooldowns to be triggered - though your squad will learn new techniques as they increase an ability (various kicks for example with martial arts).
tinyE: Okay you lost me there.

DAMN!
see some lets plays on youtube for a better idea
PainOfSalvation: Wow took them 5 years to release it. Better late than never i guess. :p Wishlisted for now.
5 years? I bought the alpha in January 2012, and even then it was a couple of years old... back then the aim was to have it done before 2015. Anyway, good that it has reached a 1.0 release.
How does this work if you only control one character which I assume you do in the beginning? If you change position won't the AI react and just follow along or is there specific stances you can switch between?
Nirth: How does this work if you only control one character which I assume you do in the beginning? If you change position won't the AI react and just follow along or is there specific stances you can switch between?
Theres a lot of different starts to the game. A few examples: an old soldier and his dog, a group of low skilled people wanting to start a settlement, a loner (the basic start), so theyll each offer something different there, you can even start as a slave or a starving character with one arm (my personal favourites).

But yes, if you're a lone character group of enemies will hone in on you - though you might be able to sprint away, then sneak and hide until they've stopped looking for you, or perhaps lead them into greater trouble (if theyre bandits, then guards at a city gate for example). You might even get healed by a passing party if beaten badly. Theres a whole lot going on - far too much to really describe (certainly without losing a sense of discovery in the game). Being put in prison or enslaved is common enough (at which point you'll be healed and kept from starvation until you've served time / break free).

Of course, you can check youtube for more detailed examples should you want.

Hope that helps?
Post edited December 06, 2018 by Sachys