It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What's my motivation?

<span class="bold">Majesty Gold HD</span> and <span class="bold">Majesty 2 Collection</span>, two fantasy RTS games with a twist, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount!

The Majesty series is a real time strategy set in a fantasy medieval setting, but things haven't been going so well until you took over. While you're planning and managing the future of your kingdom, you never actually take direct control of your people - they're well and good on their own, thank you very much. If there is a job to be done, a castle to be conquered, an enemy to be vanquished - you'd better give your people a good reason for the bother. Money, coincidentally, is usually pretty convincing.

<span class="bold">Majesty Gold HD</span> is the original title in the series, re-released with high-resolution support and The Northern Expansion.

<span class="bold">Majesty 2 Collection</span> brings the high-fantasy world into modern 3D while expanding on many of the concepts originally introduced in the series.

If you're looking for a whimsical fantasy RTS with a twist - look no further. <span class="bold">Majesty Gold HD</span> and <span class="bold">Majesty 2 Collection</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com! The 50% launch discount on both titles will last for one week, until Tuesday, February 24, at 1:59 PM GMT.
Thank you GOG, thank you!!!
Well, it's not Eye of the Beholder but still a nice release.
I have the linux version of Majesty from Desura, but is still in my backlog. If I like it I probably pick the second here. I also hope that they make a linux version at least for Majesty 2.
Great releases! Thanks GoG and Paradox!

I'm going to buy the second game. I've only played the basic campaign, which I own DRM-free from a PC magazine.
Both games are really great for sim fans. The second one is too hard at some points though.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by vanchann
I really liked first Majesty. It is a little too simple when it comes to gameplay mechanics and very luck dependant (and really difficult in some missions, particularly in Northern Expansion) but it was still a very fun game despite all that. With Majesty 2 I only played the demo and it was really disappointing.
Been hoping to get this on here. Thank you!
Nooooo I broke down with these on Steam.

But still awesome to see them here, I can't justify buying them again (yet), but an excellent series that i've sunk countless hours into.
Paradoks: I really liked first Majesty. It is a little too simple when it comes to gameplay mechanics and very luck dependant (and really difficult in some missions, particularly in Northern Expansion) but it was still a very fun game despite all that. With Majesty 2 I only played the demo and it was really disappointing.
It could be unpredictable and the mechanics were simple. I think those are features, though. Not needing hours for a single session is great. Unpredictable NPCs were part of the fun. Made it feel more like really ruling a kingdom full of people instead of a kingdom of perfect robots. If you want something with similar NPC AI but more complex behavior and mechanics, try Dwarf Fortress. It's a bit of a jump from Majesty, but I don't really know of any modern games that do the same kind of emergent-focused AI.

I heard that Majesty 2 wasn't as fun as 1. For this price it's worth trying out, though.
Saying that Dwarf Fortress is a bit of a jump is quite the understatement :)
It's more like a leap of faith to and endless pit. And if you somehow manage to land on your feet avoiding the spikes at the bottom, rocks fall and you die.

I've played both quite extensively and personally I prefer the first one. Each type of hero has his own quirky personality, whereas in the second one, the all behave more generically. But both are enjoyable.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by Elaborigen
Majesty gold is interesting, may get it
WAHOOOOO. SO EXCITED FOR THESE!
A-a-a-a! Majesty! Finally! The REAL Majesty!
So many hours lost on this one... so many more to come... :-)
This series looks interesting. What is it like? Is it an RTS?
IronArcturus: This series looks interesting. What is it like? Is it an RTS?
Yes, but the difference is that you don't control your units, they have a mind of their own . You can influence them in various ways like reward flags, spells, etc .