It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
nmillar, Momo, Trentonif, and even lil ol' me have hosted this event in the past. It's been a big success in years past, and I think it can be again this year.

If we start now, we will be the latest starting Secret Santa here at GOG ever. BUT! I think we still have time to do things right.

First order of business: Please for the love of God somebody volunteer to run this thing!!!!! I ran it last year, and I didn't quite understand the Secret Elf thing, and I kinda pissed off some people who just wanted a chance to be extra anonymously generous, and instead they just ended up sitting on the sidelines, and this year I have a one month old baby and I'm not sleeping very much and if I were in charge again this year I am afraid things would go badly...

You get the point. We need someone to jump in and keep the tradition going.

That someone should know that there is an extra challenge with the way chats work now. It is much easier to just lose a chat message or forget about it. And if that message contained, say, somebody's Christmas gifts... well, you see where this is going...

Also, if anyone feels they have the time and the organizational bent but lacks a little know-how, I suggest they contact Trentonif who I think did a fine fine job in the years when he ran the show. I'm sure he would have some great tips and advice.

I'm going to go now, and I hope someone just jumps in and takes the reins and runs that ball right into the end zone!

HO HO HO!
>go to mall
>see they already have the Christmas decorations up
>mutter comment to self about how Thanksgiving hasn't even passed yet
>come back home
>settle in front of monitor
>open GOG forum
>find a Secret Santa thread

I'm conflicted.
zeogold: >go to mall
>see they already have the Christmas decorations up
>mutter comment to self about how Thanksgiving hasn't even passed yet
>come back home
>settle in front of monitor
>open GOG forum
>find a Secret Santa thread

I'm conflicted.
It's all about giving people time to shop the sales.
What is this Secret Elf thing? It's the first time I'm hearing of it. Is it Legolas?
tiredliger: What is this Secret Elf thing? It's the first time I'm hearing of it. Is it Legolas?
The secret elves are those willing to fill in gaps at the last minute, such as an assigned secret Santa disappearing and not sending in their gifts. In past years, the coordinator might also let any willing extra elves "spice up" some of the gifts. Not every Santa is as well off as others, so after seeing what was being sent, he might have elves add to some of the generous but less substantial offerings.
I could be Secret Santa, Secret Elf or just plain Fearless Leader....
BeatriceElysia: I could be Secret Santa, Secret Elf or just plain Fearless Leader....
A cute bunny with a Santa hat? What could go wrong?
You have my vote for Fearless Leader!

I would only be Secret Santa. I'm quite new to this thing and I would probably mess it up if I tried to be in charge.
BeatriceElysia: I could be Secret Santa, Secret Elf or just plain Fearless Leader....
Yes! Please be our Fearless Leader! I don't have the time to run the entire event myself, but 'll join you as Secret Elf, if you need one. And I will participate as secret Satan... eh, Santa, of course.
Lifthrasil: Yes! Please be our Fearless Leader! I don't have the time to run the entire event myself, but 'll join you as Secret Elf, if you need one. And I will participate as secret Satan... eh, Santa, of course.
I second this. Alas I have very little time lately also so I can only be a Santa this year.
Lone_Scout: A cute bunny with a Santa hat? What could go wrong?

I would only be Secret Santa. I'm quite new to this thing and I would probably mess it up if I tried to be in charge.
Lol.

But yes, I wish to be Fearless leader, but only if everyone who wish to participate find that OK.
tiredliger: What is this Secret Elf thing? It's the first time I'm hearing of it. Is it Legolas?
A secret elf is a helper to the Secret Santa Leader. So, someone who will help distributing all the codes that are sent in to the Secret Santa Giveaway.
I hope we find someone. I want to exchange again this year.
Post edited November 19, 2018 by paladin181
Can we have a "Secret Krampus"? :P

Seriously, not in, and while I do bitch about this holiday a lot, I really do wish each and everyone a pleasant season. I don't want to be one of those buttheads that figures "If I can't enjoy something then nobody should."

Happy Holidays
Have plenty of time and a spreadsheet .

Don't have high community reputation .
Lone_Scout: A cute bunny with a Santa hat? What could go wrong?

BeatriceElysia: Lol.

But yes, I wish to be Fearless leader, but only if everyone who wish to participate find that OK.
You've got the job if you want it! Just put together a Secret Santa thread and take ownership.

Here are some of the past ones:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/secret_santa_2017/page1
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/secret_santa_2015/page1
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/secret_santa_2014/page1