It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good news! The Waylanders title becomes a full-fledged game on GOG today.
Genre: RPG
Orkhepaj: and then they are surprised why people dont buy on gog
Niggles: Obviously the ones that are checking on Steam are basically buying it based on price and dont care about drm free

FWIW i bought the game while it was still in dev. cant rightly remember how and why i bought it.. but the 30GB download...........better try it when im in the mood
as ARD said price always matter except if you are too rich and spend others money
yeah drm-free has its own worth ,but it shouldnt justify a huge price difference

here
this is 34.99 euro on gog
28 euro on gog after 20% discount

this makes the gog version 25% more expensive, and with the occasional gog drawbacks like late updates and missing
dlcs+ achievements this difference is way too much at least for me

if gog games would be on par with steam version reliably then a 10-15% extra for drm-free is fine imho , but even then

most people buy based on price and as most have already a steam acc they dont need to make anything extra just to buy it on steam

and gog is pushed to increase its market share , these price differences does the opposite , so if you want to get more drm-free games you shouldnt want higher prices on gog
Backed the game
I held an interest in this game until I watched the first 20 minutes of gameplay. Dialogs are nothing short of horrible, if only in part... Sentences like I am f****ng charming, f****ng rainbows, words like kid, gender pronouns, they just don't fit the setting. Not even a fantasy one... It makes me want to ask who the script-writers thought would be the target audience or what their through process was, when coming up with this. Young adults who don't know any better? It could hardly have been adults past 30 or above 40.

Spellforce III was hard to swallow for me - since because every other line consisted of swear words. To me that's immersion breaking and it caused me to quit watching and deciding that Waylanders will never become part of my library. Not even at -90% off.
Post edited February 04, 2022 by Mori_Yuki
Mori_Yuki: I held an interest in this game until I watched the first 20 minutes of gameplay. Dialogs are nothing short of horrible, if only in part... Sentences like I am f****ng charming, f****ng rainbows, words like kid, gender pronouns, they just don't fit the setting. Not even a fantasy one... It makes me want to ask who the script-writers thought would be the target audience or what their through process was, when coming up with this. Young adults who don't know any better? It could hardly have been adults past 30 or above 40.

Spellforce III was hard to swallow for me - since because every other line consisted of swear words. To me that's immersion breaking and it caused me to quit watching and deciding that Waylanders will never become part of my library. Not even at -90% off.
Gender pronouns, like fake ones like Xi or whatever ?

Or just He/She ?
Post edited February 04, 2022 by Reaper9988
Mori_Yuki: ... gender pronouns ...
Reaper9988: Gender pronouns, like fake ones like Xi or whatever ?

Or just He/She ?
He, she and they as far as i have seen in the video. In a tab called Identity, I believe it was, where you can also input a name and select a voice (female or male) for your PC. I haven't watched far enough to see whether NPC are addressed with other pronouns so I cannot comment on that. Just something I noticed and nothing I would care for. Neither dialogs or gender pronouns fit the setting, which in combination does not work for me, other than he or she.

Being able to select a female character or male, from several races, which is the only option, no female with beard or male with breats or something stupid like that, it doesn't exist, it is clear that it's either he or she, so one would expect that they are so addressed during dialogs. That's why this stuck out to me. But, again, that's not something I would normally care for, it is an option and has no consequence on anything at all.
Post edited February 04, 2022 by Mori_Yuki

Or just He/She ?
Mori_Yuki: He, she and they as far as i have seen in the video. In a tab called Identity, I believe it was, where you can also input a name and select a voice (female or male) for your PC. I haven't watched far enough to see whether NPC are addressed with other pronouns so I cannot comment on that. Just something I noticed and nothing I would care for. Neither dialogs or gender pronouns fit the setting, which in combination does not work for me, other than he or she.

Being able to select a female character or male, from several races, which is the only option, no female with beard or male with breats or something stupid like that, it doesn't exist, it is clear that it's either he or she, so one would expect that they are so addressed during dialogs. That's why this stuck out to me. But, again, that's not something I would normally care for, it is an option and has no consequence on anything at all.
Well ok that is silly and for placation only, but if it's only in the character screen it's no big deal.
I'm always afraid the sillyness bleeds over into actual gameplay(Like with the enhanced editions for BG and the Dragon Spear thing), the swear words make no sense in the setting too but that I can easier overlook.

I was gonna hold out on the game anyways as it seems to be a buggy mess.
Thanks for the answer though :)
Post edited February 06, 2022 by Reaper9988
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Not necessarily.

Price is always a large factor in any & every buying decision.

Even those who prefer DRM-free games on GOG are probably generally not going to accept being price-gouged for the "privilege" of having a DRM-free game, and will therefore happily the buy the game on Steam instead, or otherwise, not buy the game at all on any platform if they resent this unethical, price-gouging treatment.

Just like how most GOG customers happily buy games on Steam if they think those games will never be coming to GOG.

Contrary to the sentiment in that quoted post, for most GOG customers, preferring DRM-free games does not mean they will insist upon buying only DRM-free games, and especially not so at any cost.
Reaper9988: Then better don't buy it at all, people that buy DRMed Games/peruse Steam are part of the problem gaming had for years.
I find it very hard to get worked up over DRM, now that it's been incorporated into hardware. I'm far more concerned with the appalling state of customer service that is becoming the "new normal".
Post edited February 06, 2022 by richlind33
Mori_Yuki: I held an interest in this game until I watched the first 20 minutes of gameplay. Dialogs are nothing short of horrible, if only in part... Sentences like I am f****ng charming, f****ng rainbows, words like kid, gender pronouns, they just don't fit the setting. Not even a fantasy one... It makes me want to ask who the script-writers thought would be the target audience or what their through process was, when coming up with this. Young adults who don't know any better? It could hardly have been adults past 30 or above 40.

aha, this is usual information, for the past three sales i'm retaining myself not buying into spellforce 3, mainly since i have a huge amount of rts type of games lying around untouched and this might be just the final verdict for the game.

it is a shame though that waylanders also receives a similar verdict, i was dying to delve into the formation side, and the many new classes

Or just He/She ?
Mori_Yuki: He, she and they as far as i have seen in the video. In a tab called Identity, I believe it was, where you can also input a name and select a voice (female or male) for your PC. I haven't watched far enough to see whether NPC are addressed with other pronouns so I cannot comment on that. Just something I noticed and nothing I would care for. Neither dialogs or gender pronouns fit the setting, which in combination does not work for me, other than he or she.

Except that Shakespeare used singular they.

dtgreene: Except that Shakespeare used singular they.
Afaik the game is supposed to play during Celtic and Medieval times. That is a bit before Shakespeare.
Reaper9988: Then better don't buy it at all, people that buy DRMed Games/peruse Steam are part of the problem gaming had for years.
richlind33: I find it very hard to get worked up over DRM, now that it's been incorporated into hardware. I'm far more concerned with the appalling state of customer service that is becoming the "new normal".
Both is bad and well hardware DRM is even worse, but also not that new.
Post edited February 07, 2022 by Reaper9988
Mori_Yuki: ...
dtgreene: Except that Shakespeare used singular they.
It's not about that particular pronoun which doesn't fit into the setting. It's 21st century street talk and swearing plus whatever pronoun is used that's setting the wrong tone. If GATO's script writers had taken their time to study celtic culture and history, they would have found a cornucopia of words and expressions they could have used.

Reaper9988 You're welcome! Pronouns, even the most stupid ones you can come up with, couldn't have made dialogs any worse. Maybe they will fix bugs and balance the game out some more. That's the least thing they can do for the game not to end up as complete failure in gaming history.
Post edited February 08, 2022 by Mori_Yuki