It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamezRanker: Hey all *waves* :)

Soooooo many nice games....I think i'll add the ones above. Let's see:

Darkstone - (replaying) - I have played this one a few times ever since I had a boxed PC copy long ago. It has it's flaws, but some things(like the titular song and intro video) always make me come back for more every now and then.

Gabriel Knight 3 - (replaying) - Yeah, it has the silly cat hair moustache puzzle and other flaws, but I like this one as well.

Gorky 17 - (playing) - I played a bit of this one loooooong ago when I bought it on GOG, but forgot to go back to it. Maybe this time I can beat it?

Half Life: Opposing Force - (replaying) - A nice expansion to a classic FPS that i've beaten a few times over....will be fun to play it once more.

Septerra Core - (playing) - Love this final fantasy looking RPG...though i've never beat it(story of my life with a number of games :D). Will try to do so this time.

The Longest Journey - (playing) - I played and beat(and loved) the sequel, Dreamfall, way before I even knew of this game. Now I hope to finish the first game in the series, and see how it stacks up against it's sequel.

Might add more later, after I complete some of the above......also would've also added System Shock 2, but I recently beat it yet again(for the nth time since first getting it) so i'm giving it a bit of a break. :)
Welcome, you've just been signed in!

You have your plate full, and I hope you have fun with each one of those games :)
If someone is still unsure on what to play, here are some of my suggestions:

- Driver: The game that started this franchise, and looking at the following instalments, I'd say that this is still the best one! Many people never game this game the chance it deserved due to the pretty hard tutorial.
But once you beat the tutorial, you'll find a game that will test your driving skills. And oh boy, isn't the police relentless on this one!

- Half-Life: Opposing Force: Are you a fan of the original Half-Life? Always wanted to know more and play as one of those US Marines? Than this is the game for you!

- Kingpin: Life of Crime: This one is considered by many an underrated classic. Great atmosphere accompanied by great level design. The shooting could be better and the difficult can be sometimes unbalanced. Nonetheless, a recommendation for any fps fan.

- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver: A favourite of mine. The setting, the characters, the voice cast, the story, all top notch. Oh and on this one the vampires burn at sunlight instead of shining (sorry Twilight fans). Unfortunately, the game didn't age very well, specially in the gameplay department. However, this one is such a classic that one can forgive and see past it. The intro cutscene still holds up very well today and the music that plays during it is so epic.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by bluethief
low rated
bluethief: Welcome, you've just been signed in!

You have your plate full, and I hope you have fun with each one of those games :)
Yeah, it's a veritable buffet of games, but I have a feeling i'll do rather well this time around*. Also: thank you :)
(*due to a few of the games I picked being somewhat easy to play/complete, etc)

bluethief: - Half-Life: Opposing Force: Are you a fan of the original Half-Life? Always wanted to know more and play as one of those US Marines? Than this is the game for you!
Yeah, this one is a great one.....Blue Shift is also somewhat decent as well.
(though Blue Shift is much shorter than Opposing Force)

bluethief: - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver: A favourite of mine. The setting, the characters, the voice cast, the story, all top notch. Oh and on this one the vampires burn at sunlight instead of shining (sorry Twilight fans). Unfortunately, the game didn't age very well, specially in the gameplay department. However, this one is such a classic that one can forgive and see past it. The intro cutscene still holds up very well today and the music that plays during it is so epic.
Dat Intro be like *sunglasses emoji*
(note: the above isn't the game's intro, but a song that fits rather well imo)

I also like this game(the bits I played) as well....but had to trim my play list a bit....for now anyways. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=
Game Update #2
(#1 was added to Post 30)
=-=-=-=-=-=

Shepard is sent out on his first mission. How will he do? Let's find out on the next episode of: Half Life-Z!

6. After a not so good parking job, we awaken to see the wonders of science, such as: how best to heal the sick and wounded, and how to deal with new life forms.

7. After getting a "weapon" of sorts, an oddly familiar tune comes to Shepard's mind.

8. A. Shepard journal entry 2: "It looks like these scientist's pretty lasers weren't working quite right, but no worries.....I repaired it!"

9. Shepard sees the same blue man again....and decides to use his super sekrit warp ability to check out where he goes. Turns out, the blue man likes to hide in cry closets when no one is looking, just like the instructors from the training level(s).

10. A. Shepard journal entry 3: "Found another weapon....only slightly used. Cleaned it a bit before moving on to my next objective"

-

(more screens to come in a future post, once I play some more)
Attachments:
Post edited November 04, 2021 by GamezRanker
I will play Crusaders of Might and Magic. Haven't heard anything good about the game, but who knows, maybe I will be positively surprised, if I start it with very low expectation.
PaterAlf: I will play Crusaders of Might and Magic. Haven't heard anything good about the game, but who knows, maybe I will be positively surprised, if I start it with very low expectation.
I just signed you up. I hope the game surprise you and you have fun :)
Here are some more sugestions:

- Prince of Persia 3D: This one is probably considered the worst PoP game out there. However, it was my first PoP ever, so it has a special place in my heart. I remember playing the demo and fall in love with it. It was a Tomb Raider esque game, but with an 1001 Arabian Nights setting and with swords! I couldn't ask for more. It has tank controls and the gameplay is very slow compared to the newer ones, but the game is full of charm, with great level design, varied levels and cool moments.

- Shadow Man: Played this one (the original) recently and was very surprised by it. The controls get some time to get used to it, though. While playing, it reminded me a lot of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, somehow. Maybe it was because both have these dark worlds and play like a 3D metroivania. Combat is serviceble, but the story and atmosphere are great.

- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation: Played this one in what seems an eternity ago, but the Egypt setting fits like a glove in a Tomb Raider game. If you played 1 to 3, you'll feel right at home with this one. It's a pure classic Tomb Raider game.

- Urban Chaos: Another one that I played a long time ago. Thinking of it now, it was kind of a precursor to GTA 3: althought not an open world game, most of the maps let you free-roam. You can also move on foot or drive some veihicles, and there is a lot of melee combat. I also vaguely remember the story being interesting and the atmosphere being great. I think this one might be an underrated gem.
low rated
bluethief: I just signed you up. I hope the game surprise you and you have fun :)
I know i'm having fun....despite the games I started with being replays and whatnot :)

===============
Game Update
===============

11. After admiring my group's awesome parking job and remembering where we parked, I let my curiosity get the better of me & open one of the many crates dotting the area. "Must be something of use in em, right? ......oh"

12. A. Shepard journal entry 4: "Saw the man in blue again.....who proceeded to take his sweet time saving me from certain doom. What is his game, I wonder? And what is up with the ridiculous ties he likes to wear?"

13. Poor fella almost made it....to avenge him, Shepard decides to combat the next few enemies in badazz fashion.

14. Moving on, I get to see some of the advanced tech and high quality repair jobs done at Black Mesa.

15. Then I meet one of the remaining employees obviously trying to obtain the product they legitimately paid for from one of the vending machines.
Attachments:
bluethief: I just signed you up. I hope the game surprise you and you have fun :)
GamezRanker: I know i'm having fun....despite the games I started with being replays and whatnot :)
Replaying a game I love is always a pleasure. Sure some gameplay elements and/or graphics can be really dated, but I usually see past through it.

I've finished Prince of Persia:. The Sands of Time and I'm currently playing the second one, Warrior Within. Gameplay wise, they both still hold up very well. The combat is lacklustre for today standards, especially in The Sands of Time, and the graphics are also dated. but I don't care. I love these games and I always have fun replaying them. They'll always be favourites of mine, no matter what.
low rated
GamezRanker: I know i'm having fun....despite the games I started with being replays and whatnot :)
bluethief: Replaying a game I love is always a pleasure. Sure some gameplay elements and/or graphics can be really dated, but I usually see past through it.

I've finished Prince of Persia:. The Sands of Time and I'm currently playing the second one, Warrior Within. Gameplay wise, they both still hold up very well. The combat is lacklustre for today standards, especially in The Sands of Time, and the graphics are also dated. but I don't care. I love these games and I always have fun replaying them. They'll always be favourites of mine, no matter what.
I hear ya on the above.

Side note: never got far in Prince Of Persia:SOT, as I suck at the wall jumping, but I did like the game(story/characters/etc)....maybe some day i'll try again and hopefully not suck so bad at it. :D

==========
Game Update
==========

16. A. Shepard Journal Entry 5: "Seems karma bit back after that other chap's 'borrowing' from the vending machine....albeit it affected someone else entirely. Well, they do say justice is blind"

17. Shepard notices two scientists...one not very lively....in a nearby room. The room is locked and there are no aliens about, but the one scientist assures us nothing is amiss, so we continue on.

18. We get our debrief and prepare to head out, but first: some old school gaming goodness on this prototype space Atari!

19. Shepard watches for a bit to make sure his fellow grunts treat the science staff humanely, before heading to the evac chopper. The man in blue can't have that, though, and says "No ride for Joo!" before leaving us behind.

20. Some weird things I found out of bounds of reality(i.e. the game map proper), including a ladder to nowhere and a room where the crazy anomalies in Black Mesa seem to have affected the properties of liquids.
Attachments:
Post edited November 05, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Side note: never got far in Prince Of Persia:SOT, as I suck at the wall jumping, but I did like the game(story/characters/etc)....maybe some day i'll try again and hopefully not suck so bad at it. :D
Really? I know there is one or two wall jumping sequences that are more difficult, and one of them you don't have the rewind power to help you, but overall I think the platforming is easy.

Did you play it on PC with keyboard and mouse?' If so, if you can try it out with a different (possible better) keyboard. A worse keyboard has more input latency, which can cause one to fail more.
Opposing force was great, I liked it better than the base game. The new weapons were fun (especially liked the Desert Eagle and the machine gun, though the new alien weapons were also interesting) and species X aliens were a challenge. Also really enjoyed the sections where you fight alongside other soldiers, though it was very basic and limited only to certain areas, it still enhanced the atmosphere of the game imo.
low rated
bluethief: Really? I know there is one or two wall jumping sequences that are more difficult, and one of them you don't have the rewind power to help you, but overall I think the platforming is easy.

Did you play it on PC with keyboard and mouse?' If so, if you can try it out with a different (possible better) keyboard. A worse keyboard has more input latency, which can cause one to fail more.
It was on PS2.....and it was/is more so the timing of the button presses......kept failing so much I just gave up for awhile. Might go back to it some day, though.

-

morolf: Also really enjoyed the sections where you fight alongside other soldiers, though it was very basic and limited only to certain areas, it still enhanced the atmosphere of the game imo.
Yeah, like the engineer who wisely welds while smoking(as shown in one of my earlier screens). ;D
Post edited November 05, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Yeah, like the engineer who wisely welds while smoking(as shown in one of my earlier screens). ;D
haha, that's true. Also not the smartest guy in other situations, iirc there's one part where he opens a door with his blowtorch and then runs directly into the firing line of an automated gun turret :-) Still, I liked those parts where you had small squads fighting at your side.
Was a bit of a cop-out though that you crashed before you got the orders to kill the scientists, so you never had to make the choice whether to follow those orders...
Post edited November 05, 2021 by morolf
GamezRanker: It was on PS2.....and it was/is more so the timing of the button presses......kept failing so much I just gave up for awhile. Might go back to it some day, though.
I never played it on a controller. Tbh, I play almost every game with M&K.

I told you about the keyboard, because I remember the first time I played it, it was on a cheap one and I also failed some wall jumps. This time, with a much better one, I had no problem at all.
Looking at the list, there are a couple of games that I'd like to try out:

- Interstate '82
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul
- Requiem: Avenging Angel
- Slave Zero
- System Shock 2

Has anyone played and recommends any of these? I know GamezRanker highly praises System Shock 2, so that one is already covered ;)