It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NovumZ: Steam better then GOG!?
Is this a joke?!
I've rented a lot of games on steam but always online drm I just could not accept. I've lost hundreds of dollars since I terminated my steam account. Guess what! I get to keep my games purchased on GOG.

Ps. ffs if you want to troll be less obvious!
Well there are pros and cons to both steam and gog; I have 3000 games on steam and 430 here on gog. With Steam avoiding censoring things on their platform at the same time this fiasco has come up with gog, it pushes things in Steam's favor for now. The one thing that gog has over them, the only thing, is being drm-free. Games cost more here, the refund policy isn't as generous, steam has trading cards you can sell for even more money to put towards more games(though since they implemented the two week hold on them, they're mostly useless now). Granted, being drm-free is a huge pro, but it's the only one they really have. If they start turning sjw, that pro won't be enough to make it worthwhile buying games here.

Steam also isn't actually that bad, they have listened to my feedback regarding their changes to the wishlist and forcing live streaming on the store pages when they came through, and made adjustments to fix the problem.
high rated
Words cannot even begin to describe my disappointment with GoG. Why should I actively support a company that directly insults, demonizes, and slanders me? If you didn't want to appear as pro-GamerGate (also known as pro-transparency and pro-integrity), then you could've backpeddled in a manner that didn't slap thousands of your customers across the face. I don't think you could have behaved worse during this entire episode if you tried.
high rated
Wow, I didn't expect this crybullying to work with GoG. GoG has to understand that the people throwing a tantrum about this do not buy their games. I am deeply dissapointed that GoG backs down on people without humor who throw a tantrum at the slightest sign of someone who could be "offended".
high rated
ashtonx: Honestly it was mostly discussion, if anything you were only one crying and trying to provoke people, well at least from what I saw since most of your posts were downvoted to hell, at later point i didn't even bother unhiding them since they were all the same.
PoppyAppletree: If you say so. Given that you and your raiding buddies downvoted all of the GOG regulars and upvoted anything you see as "pro-GG" I wouldn't call that much of a discussion. It's pretty obvious that you aren't here to have a conversation.
If all the anti-SJW sentiment in this thread is a "raid" then could you please post a link to the 4chan, 8ch (or wherever) thread which is telling people to come to this thread and downvote? I'll be waiting.
Post edited July 22, 2018 by Crosmando
high rated
Crosmando: If all the anti-SJW sentiment in this thread is a "raid" then could you please post a link to the 4chan, 8ch (or wherever) thread which is telling people to come to this thread and downvote? I'll be waiting.
If it's all a raid, why do most of the new posters have join dates from years ago and 100-200 games on their profiles?
high rated
It's suddenly a raid because certain pressure groups don't like the way this is going. In short, the same anti-consumer hacks who have sweet talked certain toxic members of GOG's staff would rather GOG fail than customers are given the minimum required respect.
Post edited July 22, 2018 by InvisibleJim
what a weird concentration of rtcvb32 lookalikes
STEAM is also "Steam Workshop Mods" which is a bad thing and anti-mods community.
STEAM let also their door open for terrible things like Denuvo .
STEAM also do not care about Sony/Microsoft asking devs to sabotage games (Alien Isolation "resolution", there was a thread on their forum, and links about this strategy revealed years ago).
To let the console version look less as a downgrade.
Dead or Alive looking less good.

narmando: with their terrible PR management, GOG made STEAM look good.
Sadly, this part is true.
Their recent move to put away the "Game Bloggers and SJW Tyranny", because they are extremely poisonous for a company, was a really good and smart business one.
high rated
This really looks like a steaming pile. I'm not going to say much in hopes that it won't stick. But I do question the business logic of being completely okay with offering this game for sale to customers while simultaneously labeling them with nasty things to appease a mob of angry people who were never going to buy it in the first place.
high rated
Adding my disappointment as well. My bona fides as a gog consumer can be seen in my profile, so I am not a reverse pearl clutching hysteric idiot perpetually looking for a new thing to be offended by, and I actually buy games, from gog.

This grovelling to the new censors is disappointing, and you are making steam look good. Please, please, learn from your mistakes and never attack your customers again. GG is a complicated topic and I don't blame you for making mistakes on it, but when was it ever a good idea to attack your customers in favor of a few vocal complainers that probably don't buy your product?

This is as counterproductive as Toys R Us supporting abortion and planned parenthood, in that Toys R Us was literally killing their customer base.

Don't attack your own base.
low rated
WTF, we went from a stupid tweet to abortion!?

Are you people on crack or something!? XD
Will Lord Konrad the Righteous honour us today with His Celestial Presence?

Or is this... cis-pit unworthy of His attention?
Dalthnock: Will Lord Konrad the Righteous honour us today with His Celestial Presence?

On Sunday? Good luck.
Dalthnock: Will Lord Konrad the Righteous honour us today with His Celestial Presence?

Grargar: On Sunday? Good luck.
I figure it's the exact same chances we'll have any other day of the week. :)
high rated
The drm free card is why a lots of us are here, but it is not enough to convince friends to come.
When i tried to talk them into embracing gog over the years, I always tried to take a global approach and talking about gog being a parent company with cd project, loving video games themselves and not wanting to screw their customers, a company with a certain philosophy.

Now the first online search they make is how steam said no to censorship and how gog decided to kneel in front of some fake news marketing companies that almost everybody came to despise over the years.

I know you probably just wanted to appease things, and I have no intention to stop buying things here, but you certainly did not made things easy to encourage people coming here instead of steam.