It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lorelai is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until May 3rd, 5pm UTC.

Lorelai, by Harvester Games, is the conclusive part of R. Michalski's Devil Came Through Here adventure game trilogy, alongside The Cat Lady (2012) and Downfall (2016).

Lorelai will never forget that day. The little she had, it was taken away. Her whole world disintegrated. She never really had a chance, but Lorelai refused to give up. She will fight. And not even death will stop her from getting it all back.
Nicole28: A pity I'm not very much into horror, for the game does look good!
this Game is more about horror in the daily details and human interaction, still pretty unsettling.
Post edited May 07, 2019 by dyscode
Does anyone else think that the store page description reads more like a pre-release promotional material?

Wishlisted. Now I need to finish The Cat Lady.
So many games to play.
Post edited May 02, 2019 by bhrigu
dtgreene: One thing: Does this game (and Downfall) deal with depression and similar issues to the extent that The Cat Lady does?

In particular, should this game come with a content/trigger warning?

(Note that needing a warning doesn't mean the game is bad or should be changed; it just means that one might not want to play the game if they're not in a healthy state of mind, or at least might want to at least mentally prepare themself for what the game has to offer.)
Kakihara: Just to answer this question, yes. Massive CW for suicide, depression, abuse, domestic violence, violent murder, infanticide.
Thanks for the info. I really enjoyed The Cat Lady and Downfall so am massively looking forward to playing Lorelai.

Having this info means I can at least brace myself and pick a time to play that won't have such a negative impact on my mental health.

Thanks again and happy gaming.
Another thing I'm wondering:

How does the save system work? Is it easy to save if you find yourself emotionally overwhelmed and need to take a break, or does the game make it a pain?

(What made me think of this question was playing SaGa Frontier 2. While "playing" through some of the early Gustave scenarios, I found myself crying and had to take a break; fortunately, the game lets you save after each event, and the early part of Gustave's scenario is split between several events.)
dtgreene: Another thing I'm wondering:

How does the save system work? Is it easy to save if you find yourself emotionally overwhelmed and need to take a break, or does the game make it a pain?
You can save whenever you like and the game also autosaves on each location. Unfortunately though you only have ONE save file. In a game with some interesting choices in it imo a really bad decision.

And again, in chapter 5 now and my verdict remains. Compared to TCL or Downfall this game is quite tame. Still has some drama in it but this drama comes much more from the psychological side and not so much from the violence/gory side. Don't get me wrong - there is violence, blood and gore in it - but TCL was on a completely different level - as was Downfall.
Post edited May 03, 2019 by MarkoH01