It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Free time? Not on our watch.

Weekend is upon us and that can only mean one thing: more time to game until Monday is here! Then game some more.

But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

So, have you been watching some neat crime show recently and want to feel like a true detective? Then make sure to investigate the Sherlock Holmes series.

Those constantly searching the stars for new discoveries should try the celebrated Star Trek™ games instead. Lots of things to stun you in there.

The Weekend Sale ends February 11th, 11 PM UTC.
Come on. The same games as month ago, but much more expensive this time... :/
Just release dusk already, I can't wait any longer T_T
Hmm now that i think on it, this sale is actually one of the best so far because i can save my money this time.
high rated
Titles on Sale for the 1st Time on GoG:
X4: Foundations (10% off) - Released 23-Nov-2018

Titles at a New All-Time GoG Low:
X4: Foundations Collector's Edition [Deluxe] (10% off vs. 7% off)

Titles on Sale for the First Time in 2019:
X4: Foundations (10% off) - Released 23-Nov-2018

More details about all games on sale can be found on my Google doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
Hmm...I think it's time to use my son's account and buy DoW Soulstorm - my very first game on Steam :-P
If there was party everyday, I would not only become an alcoholic, I would also be pretty fed up with partying and wish for a normal day...
Post edited February 08, 2019 by sanscript
sanscript: If there was party everyday, I would not only become an alcoholic, I would also be pretty fed up with partying and wish for a normal day...
Well, one good thing with a party everyday is: nobody is forcing you to participate. ;)
ciemnogrodzianin: Come on. The same games as month ago, but much more expensive this time... :/
Side effect of having a big and wide sale. Posterior sales for a while are bound to reach into the the same well and be far less impressive than the big sale. And Gog simply can't have every sale beating the record on discount or eventually games would be sold at a loss.
It's in Gog's plans that these small sales must be unimpressive; otherwise the bigger sales wouldn't be impressive by comparison.

Back at the promo: I might take a look at some games, but so far nothing jumps at me as a must-have. I'll probably just grab Metal Fatigue from the other promo and call it a week.
Anyone notice the base price of the Star Trek series went up from $5.99 to $9.99? Same goes for a few other games on the weekend sale. ($5.99 was the base price when I bought many of those games)

I still love GOG games and will likely only ever buy here, but just thought it was odd. I'm guessing price change is set by the developer and not GOG?
joppo: Side effect of having a big and wide sale. Posterior sales for a while are bound to reach into the the same well and be far less impressive than the big sale. And Gog simply can't have every sale beating the record on discount or eventually games would be sold at a loss.
It's in Gog's plans that these small sales must be unimpressive; otherwise the bigger sales wouldn't be impressive by comparison.

Back at the promo: I might take a look at some games, but so far nothing jumps at me as a must-have. I'll probably just grab Metal Fatigue from the other promo and call it a week.
How about don't have so many discount sales? Like others have said, if there's always a sale, then it's not a sale, it's just devaluation of the product. Sadly, most people won't buy unless there is at least a 50%-70% discount to start. It will kill small game devs who won't be able to support themselves by making decent games at decent prices. "Well, this $15 is nice, but I'll wait until it's $5!"

The occasional sale is great. Having a few (like 5-10 items at MOST) games in a weekly sale is cool. But these 15-20 games sales 2 times a week is driving the value of games as a whole down on this site.
gog2002x: Anyone notice the base price of the Star Trek series went up from $5.99 to $9.99? Same goes for a few other games on the weekend sale. ($5.99 was the base price when I bought many of those games)

I still love GOG games and will likely only ever buy here, but just thought it was odd. I'm guessing price change is set by the developer and not GOG?
Read the previous post above yours for a pretty logical explanation of why this may be the case...
Who "needs" free time? I think the real question is who "has" free time? :'(

paladin181: How about don't have so many discount sales? Like others have said, if there's always a sale, then it's not a sale, it's just devaluation of the product. Sadly, most people won't buy unless there is at least a 50%-70% discount to start. It will kill small game devs who won't be able to support themselves by making decent games at decent prices. "Well, this $15 is nice, but I'll wait until it's $5!"
This is a tricky topic to be sure. I'd see myself as the average gamer who has limited funds. I can't afford all games at full price so that would mean I'd buy fewer games if there were less sales. If I only liked indie games, then it could work out well for them. But if I generally didn't, then instead of tempting me to buy some of them at a low price, I'd end up not buying any of them at all.

So the question is, how many of those discounted sales are made up of:
- gamers who want to buy an indie game, and who could afford to pay full price, but who choose to rather forgoe the game at initial release and wait for the price to drop significantly?
- gamers who're only tempted to look at the indie game in the first place because it has a low price?

I'd expect game publishers would go by sales data. if sales are declining, that's probably a good time to test the water with a discount. And sure, they'd need to do a bit of crystal ball work to figure out where on the sales volume/price graph they lie with respect to choosing a discount that could yield less cash sooner versus more cash later (or possibly no cash at all).

At the end of the day, they're trying to tempt people like me to part with my cash, but not devalue the whole industry to a point of collapse as that hurts everybody... except the AAA studios ;)
gog2002x: Anyone notice the base price of the Star Trek series went up from $5.99 to $9.99? Same goes for a few other games on the weekend sale. ($5.99 was the base price when I bought many of those games)

Interplay raised all their $5.99 games to $9.99 some(pretty long) time ago.
There might not be as big discounts but there's a nice selection of good old games there.

paladin181: The occasional sale is great. Having a few (like 5-10 items at MOST) games in a weekly sale is cool. But these 15-20 games sales 2 times a week is driving the value of games as a whole down on this site.
Or the real prices are the sales price. There was a discussion about this recently.
Take the Descent 1&2 games. I think they were $5.99 bundled together in the past. Now at sale price they cost around that price each !

p.s Has a couple of the Sherlock Holmes minor graphic issues been fixed?
https://www.gog.com/forum/sherlock_holmes_series/has_anyone_managed_to_get_the_game_working_with_max_settings
Post edited February 08, 2019 by Spectre