It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Currently playing the NES version of Ultima 4. I should point out that, while the SMS version is mostly faithful to computer versions, the NES version is not.

What I like about the NES version:
* No need to worry about food
* Don't need to mix spells in advance (but, unfortunately, still need the reagents)
* Can actually buy Mandrake Root, if you have the money (but not Nightshade, which is called Fungus)
* Combat has less RNG (attacks usually hit and do consistent damage)
* Combat is more explicit; the game tells you when an enemy is casting a spell and how much damage your attacks are doing
* In dungeon rooms, once you kill all the enemies, the game switches to overworld mode
* The game limits your party size to 4, and can be beaten without having to recruit everyone (in fact, you *have* to solo the final dungeon, though that dungeon is much easier to compensate)
* (The changes to combat and spells make me more likely to use magic in combat, making the game more strategically interesting)

What I don't like about the NES version:
* Dungeons are simplified
* Dungeon rooms are simplified, and some have been replaced with copies of other rooms
* In combat, the first option is "Auto", which doesn't always use ranged attacks when it should, and it also sometimes wastes your reagents on Missile spells
* Money is a bit harder to get; dungeon rooms have fewer chests and the trick of selling mystic weapons/armor isn't an option
* Dialog seems to be a translation of the Japanese translation, and is therefore quite poor in comparison to the original English text.
* Bard can't use the Magic Wand, for some reason.
* Main character's gender is determined by class, which you don't get until after the initial question sequence (while you have to name your character first). Also, the game uses male pronouns to refer to your character, even if she is female.
* Why did they replace Julia with a man named Julius, anyway?
Started playing Victor Vran last night, which I got as a bonus in the November sale. I'm not a loot-RPG guy (only one I've ever played to completion is Diablo) but I like the dark fantasy theme of this game and that it includes stuff like a jump button, so I'm hoping I'll like this but I find the genre's tendency to throw mob after mob of enemies at you tiring and so far this one doesn't feel much different. We'll see how it goes.

Also started playing Outcast the other day. I'm enjoying it so far but I'm still getting used to how slowly your bullets travel in combat :)
After finishing Tales of Zestiria few days ago, I have started Alisha's Story DLC for it on PS4. Compared with the main game, It is much more dependable on equipment fusion and grinding and it is more dungeon crawl than anything else and it has much higher difficulty than the main game. I play the game on normal and I had to run away from few encounters to stay alive.

I wish GOG could make deal with Namco Bandai to see some of their releases here as well :-(
Having finished Ultima 7 the Black Gate, I'm playing the 2nd play through of Knights of the Old Republic.
This time I decided as the dark side. it were hilarious that the quest givers said 'WHAT?!' when I betrayed them.
I realized that the dark side is more fun than the light side (boring) hero play.

Also I'm playing Might and Magic 1 as the 2nd play through (the 1st playing was 20 years ago in Japanese PC version... nostalgia).
I write the map with paper and pen. My party exploded the first city, Sorpigal and below dungeon.They had become level 3.
In the next move, I went out the city and explored C-2 area a bit. but the enemies were tough than in the city.
I received the quest to send a scroll to other 4 cities. but telepoting other city requires a gem, so I hesitated to use the teleport for now( I only have a few gems).
Stephen's Sausage Roll.

Made it to zone 4 after about 9 hours of playing, and so far (without going into spoilers regarding the puzzles you run across) it's...been a weird but fun experience overall.
Waiting on Final Fantasy XV upcoming patches, and DLC's; I am replaying FF XIII before starting XIII-2.. It is... Very average as i remember it. Great graphics, really poor monster design... Annoying to pretentious plot... Battle system is okay with switching roles... Character level is badly designed.. Meh, meh.
Went back to the Sega Master System version of Ultima IV.

It does sometimes take a bit to adjust between the NES and SMS versions of the game, as they are quite different in many respects. For example, in the NES version, money is harder to earn, combat is less random and provides more feedback (like actual damage amounts), and dungeon rooms have less interesting design and are sometimes reused. Also, certain actions that improve virtues have a cooldown in one version but not the other.
Still playing Might and Magic 1.
My guys are now level 7. After my sorcerer learned Fire Ball and Lightning spells, the combats in the outdoor were finally beatable.
I explored all 5 cities, 3 castles and the central areas of the world map(B1, B2, C1, C2, C3) and finished a few lord's quests.
I need more levels before exploring the caves.
I forgot how hard Re-Volt is.
I finished Gabriel Knight 3. My next game is Tales of monkey island.
I finally played through all of Valkyria Chronicles and finished the game about a week ago. It's a fun game, but, my god, I don't remember the dialog being this bad when I played some of it on a PS3 a good few years back. There's just too much cliched anime characterization going on here. It just really makes me cringe at times.

I also just replayed all of Legend of Grimrock 2 since I had a hankering for some good old-fashioned dungeon crawling. While I remembered bits and pieces from playing it two years ago, most of it I had to figure out all over again. Good times. :)

I guess I still didn't feel like I had enough from those 27 hours because now I'm replaying the first Legend of Grimrock, which definitely make the differences quite noticeable. I actually don't mind that it's a bit simpler still.
Ultima Underworld. I'm already on the 6th level.
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete and I'm waiting for steam sales to get Dark Souls 2 or Skyrim .
Still trying to get through Stephen's Sausage Roll (24 hours so far). I think I'm on the last zone, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Also played through the Nier Automata demo a few times (it's pretty short, about 10-30 minutes), and I'm sold so far. Although I haven't played the previous game or the Drakengard games.
Dungeon Siege. :)