It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

This game is so awesome! :D

I can't stop playing since I started couple days ago.

<3
I had to say goodbye to one of my cats last week, so I needed something easygoing to play, so I started playing Phantasmagoria. I'm enjoying it so far (just finished chapter 3 last night), although I have a hunch the heroine's cat is going to get it at some point during the game...
Does anyone know who this character is?
I want to make sure at least one person can identify him before I upload him to Steam.

I realize the face paint isn't accurate but my options were kind of limited.
Attachments:
cha.jpg (73 Kb)
tinyE: Does anyone know who this character is?
I want to make sure at least one person can identify him before I upload him to Steam.

Marilyn Manson ?.

Trooper1270: Marilyn Manson ?.
No, but thank you. :D

I'm guessing I didn't do a very good job of this. :P
Trooper1270: Marilyn Manson ?.
tinyE: No, but thank you. :D

I'm guessing I didn't do a very good job of this. :P
One final guess...

Alice Cooper ?.

It looks like one of the Baseball Furies.

andysheets1975: It looks like one of the Baseball Furies.
THANK YOU!

I need to make the face a little more yellow.
Field of Glory 2
I am trying to start playing Icewind Dale 2, but I am still stuck in the damn party creation.

I've read the pre-made parties are crap so they are not an option. I just want a basic party, like
paladin
fighter
cleric
druid
wizard
sorcerer

I am not interested in multiclassing or anything, I just want to make those basic characters as good as I can.

I've restarted making the paladin and sorcerer creation probably ten times, over and over again. The user interface slows the creation down too, like:

- after you have finished creating a character (even if you haven't started playing yet), you can't change the character anymore. If you are unhappy with some choice and want to start over, you have to do it all over again.

- you can't make like a couple of characters and continue later, but you have to create the whole party in one swoop.

I've read some IWD2 FAQ that has some tips, but I can't follow them 100% because the FAQ writer wanted to make some multiclass characters like a paladin that changes to a wizard later.

Now I am pondering e.g... I was thinking of making the paladin my party leader (meaning giving him high Charisma and skills/feats related to negotiation skills), but then I figured that since my sorcerer will need a high Charisma anyway for her spells, maybe I should make the sorcerer a party leader, and give the paladin a low Charisma and use those points on other things, like bumping up the strength, dexterity and wisdom?

Does that mean then I need to keep juggling my character positions during the game, like when in a city discussing with NPCs and shopkeepers, I must but the weak sorcerer as the first party leader, and in the wilderness with combat, I must remember to put paladin in the front lines and the sorcerer at back?

Also some suggestions on the game itself don't make sense, like one race says the preferred class for it is a sorcerer, yet there is another class (drow, if I recall right) that seems more useful for a sorcerer because you can bump the Charisma up to 20, instead of 18. Right?

God damn it, I wish there was a very simple character creation FAQ that simply told:
for a paladin, select this race, skills etc.
for a sorcerer, select this race, skills etc.
for a cleric, select this...

If I ever survive the party creation in IWD2, I feel like I have finished half of the game already.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by timppu
timppu:
You need a rogue character for the detect traps/lockpick stuff.
Also, races like Drow have a serious level penalty, so I'm not sure if they're worth it for the charisma bonus.
Can't really give you much more advice unfortunately, have played Icewind Dale 2 only a few times (it's my least favorite Infinity engine game)...only this: imo you should consider three tank characters for your party, one paladin and one fighter might not be enough. At least it wasn't in my playstyle, though others might of course be more skilful.
morolf: You need a rogue character for the detect traps/lockpick stuff.
Ah, good call, how did I forget that? Yeah I was going to have a (pure) rogue character as well, which probably means I need to drop one spellcaster away, possibly the druid. Or then I have to have some character who is both a rogue and a wizard, or something like that.

I want to have a versatile party where I can see as many different classes as possible, so two "tanks" have to be enough (Paladin and a Fighter). As I recall, doesn't cleric become quite a good melee fighter as well? At least it did in the first IWD, and the FAQ suggests this is the case also in IWD2.

So it might even be I will drop either the Paladin or the Fighter, and have only one of them + cleric in the front lines, and then rogue + wizard + sorcerer + druid. The reason I want to have those three spellcasters:

wizard: the FAQ suggested I need to have one character with high intelligence for certain quests or enemies or something, so if I am going to bump it up for someone, maybe I should make him a wizard anyway (which benefits the most from high INT).

sorcerer: similarly one character needs to have high charisma to be a party leader, so why not make him a sorcerer who benefits the most from high CHA? (Or was it so that Druid uses Charisma too? Hmmm...)

druid: I am just interested to see how its spells differ from those of wizards and sorcerers. I think I had a druid in my IWD party, and I liked e.g. some of the area of effect combat spells it had, which were quite different from those of other spell casters.

Decisions, decisions...
timppu: Decisions, decisions...
Are you a min/max type of player? If so, I could probably make some suggestions, although if you're willing to multiclass one or two characters at all you'd have a more effective party. But you can certainly get by with single class characters.
TerriblePurpose: Are you a min/max type of player? If so, I could probably make some suggestions, although if you're willing to multiclass one or two characters at all you'd have a more effective party. But you can certainly get by with single class characters.
I prefer simplicity, as in that each party member has certain main role in the team, and not multitasking too much. Hence I prefer not making it more complicated with multiclassing, trying to figure out when is the right time to jump ship, how much I should disperse ability points (e.g. giving a Fighter also high INT just because I am going to make him a sorcerer too) etc. Maybe the only exception is that I prefer some having also the ability to heal in addition to cleric (just in case cleric gets incapacitated, or several team members need healing at the same time), like a paladin and druid.

Oh and it is nice too that cleric can apparently melee fight pretty well as well, besides just healing. Even without multiclassing.

I am not looking for a perfect powergaming team (which probably needs multiclassing, and possibly having fewer party members to make them level up faster), but naturally I don't want to make stupid characters either, like a weak fighter or a wizard with low intelligence.

Anyway, I think I finally nailed it and got to make a party I can go with. Good thing someone reminded me of adding a rogue, at least in the first IWD it was very important in order to find and disarm traps, being a scout to see enemies before they see us etc.

1. Male Human Paladin (of Ilmater)
Lawful Good
Strength 16
Dexterity 12
Constitution 14
Intelligence 3
Wisdom 15
Charisma 16 (because he is the party leader)

2. Male Shield Dwarf Fighter
Chaotic Good
STR 18
DEX 18
CON 20
INT 3
WIS 16
CHA 1

3. Female Half-Elf Cleric (Battleguard of Tempus)
Chaotic Good
STR 18
DEX 16
CON 18
INT 3
WIS 18
CHA 3

4. Male Moon Elf Wizard
Neutral Good
STR 10
DEX 18
CON 16
INT 18
WIS 11
CHA 3

5. Female Strongheart Halfling Rogue
Chaotic Good
STR 14
DEX 20
CON 15
INT 12
WIS 12
CHA 3

6. Female Half-Elf Druid
Neutral Good
STR 12
DEX 16
CON 17
INT 10
WIS 18
CHA 3

Some points I think (hope) I learned during the process:

1. Fighter types, and others too, do benefit from Wisdom, so it shouldn't be set to minimum to non-clerics/druids. Having it a bit higher helps against certain enhancement spells and such, I guess. So I left it to at least 10, or higher, to everyone. And max to clerics and druids of course.

2. Intelligence for non-wizards: the FAQ I read was contradictory. in one place it said that every party member should have INT of at least 10 (and higher for Wizards) because otherwise you get less skill points. But at the same time, the example party in the FAQ did have INT 5 characters and the points were used elsewhere.

To me it seemed that only few classes benefit from lots of skill points. For e.g. my Fighter, I didn't really see any interesting skills to improve that much, so it is ok it has less skill points. Then again, Feats are a different matter...

On the other hand, a Wizard and Rogue have several important skills to improve, related to magic or thievery and such, so I gave them more INT (Wizard needs high INT anyway).

3. The FAQ mentioned that in some quest you need a character with INT 16 or higher, hence I decided to have a Wizard instead of Sorcerer, as a Wizard benefits from INT also for spellcasting. Then I didn't have to divide the points that much between INT and WIS.
timppu: ...
Looks good and you should be able to roll with that without issue. The only thing I could suggest as a possible tweak is to change the Wizard to a Wizard/Rogue. Go with first level as Rogue, then Wizard all the way after that.The freed up spot, I would fill with a Sorcerer. But yeah, your party looks fine. Enjoy!