It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lukaszthegreat: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire

What a game.

I played as University, on Talent difficulty as I cant concentrate too much playing games. Kids and long hours of work prohibit commitment to fully pay attention.

And this game is hard lol! At least in the beginning.

but after 150 years or so after breaking Hive nobody could challenge me.

Miraim tried. declared a war on me. So i kicked her butt taking 3 or four cities.

made peace as my goal was not world conquer. She very quickly betrayed me. So next war was total. she tried to contact me but not once she offered surrender. So i took all of her cities.

and then spend another 150 years just building up and getting secret projects watching the videos.

Could have ended it earlier as there was no real opposition to me anymore

Yesterday I declare myself supreme leader. today scientific victory after reload, and after another reload. I nuke everyone else. Morgan, Lian, and Gaian's once city which had my cities around. A small sacrifice.

what an amzing amazing game!
Austrobogulator: First time?

I played it for the first time (well, I completed a run of it for the first time) a couple of years ago. And, yeah, truly an amazing game. Almost certainly the best turn-based 4X game.
Nah. Played it shortly after release. did not know what to do so it failed.

but in 2004 or so I played it properly and managed to do world conquer.

tried few times to play in last few years but failed big time.
DEAD SPACE

I ask for the GOG version of Dead Space a few days ago on the gifting thread and somebody kind enough to gift it.

It held up really well and the graphics imho still very-very good. The GOG version work flawlessly for my win 10 PC and I have no bugs or glitches playing it. The story itself was predictable but still decent. But the music and atmosphere are top notch. What I enjoy the most was the gunplay and weaponry. The plasma cutter is simply one of the greatest basic weapon in gaming.

It's kind of a short game with me finishing it in less than 12 hours. The medium difficulty that I choose is kinda easy for me. Once I'm familiar with the gameplay and enemy type it was a cakewalk. There's a new game plus mode but I'm gonna skip it.

So thank you again for one that gifting me the game. I had a real blast
Twin Mirror

Possibly DONTNOD's least like adventure game? And I can see why: it's short, a bit slow, mostly talking, but lacks the emotional impact and outstanding characters of other titles, and the crime story is predictable (I say that as someone who never cares about guessing whodunnit - if even I can see it easily, they weren't trying very hard to conceal it). There are choices and different endings but it's not always clear what they mean and will result in, and it also doesn't make that much sense that they are so mutually exclusive and there is no middle ground between them. And at times the game can feel a bit too linear, giving you choices about smaller things (with only one correct solution) while not asking you about more impactful ones (some of the things the main character does without the player's influence are rather extreme).

Nevertheless, I still found the story and character relations interesting enough to play through the game once. I saw it as a plus that it's not that long, and I got the ending that seemed most fitting for the story, so I'm okay with my choices, too. I also liked some of the ideas revolving around the mind of the main character; these elements felt refreshing and also familiar, like a hallmark of DONTNOD games, reminiscent of LiS but particularly of the memory puzzles in Remember Me. So all in all, while it's not the best game of all times, I still enjoyed my time with it, and I don't regret playing it despite the lukewarm reviews.
Post edited 3 hours ago by Leroux
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Yeah, this was way more fucked up than I expected it to be. The entire Act 1 is fucking horrifying to play and the tonal disconnect of the actual story and how it is treated by the narrator feels strange to say the least.

The point and click gameplay is fun as always though, and I liked the puzzles. And the fact that they came with the skip button.

Overall, enjoyed the gameplay but was weirded out by the story.
Post edited 4 hours ago by Nunya_009
Beyond a Steel Sky

This was a game that I got from Doc0075's donation in February 2024 community GA. Why I just finished it? In February my ISP speed to GOG is really-really bad, can't even get 1 Mbps. Downloading the first bin file is very frustrating so I decided to download it when it get better. Shitty life, Month of Ramadhan and a terrible bout with influenza then happens. I almost forgot about it but after finishing Dead Space I instantly installed it.

Why I ask for this game in the first place is because I already finished the prequel perhaps 1 or 2 years ago. Forgot exactly when but I really love it.

The game itself is a worthy sequel. A blend of nostalgia and modern QOL. When Foster went back to LINCspace I have a wide grin on my face. Also Joey is back! And it still the same old little Joey! A reminder of how great Beneath a Steel Sky is.

My criticism is the puzzles. This is maybe one the easiest adventure/point-and-click games that I have ever played and like Dead Space a few days ago this is on the shorter side of games. Also I don't think this game would really entice people that haven't play the prequel to try them. But anyone should play Beneath a Steel Sky, it's free and a legit enjoyable experience.

So thank you once again Doc0075 for donating this game. Without you I don't know if I ever gonna play this game
Post edited 2 hours ago by zlaywal