It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated is now available in pre-order on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until the game’s release on 23rd June.

Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy. Use their unique sets of skills to thwart Plankton's evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots.
ThomNG: ...
Could you please check your PM? I've been waiting for your reply since December. (:
low rated
NuffCatnip: THQNordic is one among the gog-friendliest publishers out there an
No they aren't. THQ Nordic has plenty of games on GOG that have no Achievements even though they did give Achievements to those exact same identical games on Steam. In other words, THQ Nordic often treats GOG customers like second-class citizens.

I'm glad this Spongebob game has Achievements, but what about all the other THQ Nordic games that are still missing Achievements ?

When - if ever - is THQ Nordic going to do the right thing and add Achievements to each & every one of their GOG games which have Achievements on Steam but not on GOG?

Only if & when & after THQ Nordic has done that can they rightfully be called "GOG friendly."
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No they aren't. THQ Nordic has plenty of games on GOG that have no Achievements even though they did give Achievements to those exact same identical games on Steam. In other words, THQ Nordic often treats GOG customers like second-class citizens.

I'm glad this Spongebob game has Achievements, but what about all the other THQ Nordic games that are still missing Achievements ?

When - if ever - is THQ Nordic going to do the right thing and add Achievements to each & every one of their GOG games which have Achievements on Steam but not on GOG?

Only if & when & after THQ Nordic has done that can they rightfully be called "GOG friendly."
I believe that is due to TH Nordic having publishing rights, not dev rights.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No they aren't. THQ Nordic has plenty of games on GOG that have no Achievements even though they did give Achievements to those exact same identical games on Steam. In other words, THQ Nordic often treats GOG customers like second-class citizens.

I agree to the smallest degree, but since I myself couldn't care less for such things my point still stands in my eyes.
Sucks for those that need such things, yeah, but as long as I get a gog release that gets the same updates that Steam users get I'm good.
Plus I don't use Galaxy anyway.
Post edited April 18, 2020 by NuffCatnip
LifeLover: Fu*k, what... this crap cartoon also has damn game, disgusting! Any series of this "cartoon" worse that some last seasons of Simspns. I don't know how people can watch such "bad" content and I feel very sorry for such people, who like cartoon / game.
Badly worded but I agree. I had no idea there was such demand for a remastered version of a cheap tie-in video game.
pferreira1983: I had no idea there was such demand for a remastered version of a cheap tie-in video game.
The game got popular, or at least more popular, thanks to the speedrunning community.

Personally, I only ever played the PC release of it which differed from the console releases in that it was just a bunch of mini-games collected together. I have fond memories of it otherwise though, due in large part to playing it with my oldest nephew when he was growing up. He's almost out of his teens now though and has moved on from the phase of liking SpongeBob in that innocent child-like sense but I still think he'd give this game at least a look.
TheMonkofDestiny: Personally, I only ever played the PC release of it which differed from the console releases in that it was just a bunch of mini-games collected together. I have fond memories of it otherwise though, due in large part to playing it with my oldest nephew when he was growing up. He's almost out of his teens now though and has moved on from the phase of liking SpongeBob in that innocent child-like sense but I still think he'd give this game at least a look.
Someone speedruned this game? Wow.
pferreira1983: Someone speedruned this game? Wow.
There's a somewhat recent article up on PCGamer about it here, though based on your response toward the game in general I don't imagine it would interest you too much. But, if anyone happens to be curious, it's there.
Wow!

This has been on my Steam Wishilist for a long time... Gladly moving it to Gog's! <3

Thanks for releasing here at GOG!
TheMonkofDestiny: There's a somewhat recent article up on PCGamer about it here, though based on your response toward the game in general I don't imagine it would interest you too much. But, if anyone happens to be curious, it's there.
Read some of the article. It appears it just happens to be one of those games that became part of speed running culture mostly by coincidence. Cool, let's see if there's a Rugrats Search for Reptar or other early 2000s Nickelodeon properties for speed running out there...
pferreira1983: Cool, let's see if there's a Rugrats Search for Reptar or other early 2000s Nickelodeon properties for speed running out there...
You joke, but it's a thing.
TheMonkofDestiny: You joke, but it's a thing.
That's dedication right there.
ThomNG: ...
also, there might be too many legal issues, but you should talk to GOG about Nick games that aren't getting remastered - Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, Nicktoons Racing, etc.
Post edited April 19, 2020 by tfishell
pferreira1983: That's dedication right there.
I do wonder if there's a licensed game that's not conducive to speedrunning, but that makes a big assumption about no corners being cut during development and given the need to strike when the iron is hot with this stuff it seems unlikely.
pferreira1983: That's dedication right there.
TheMonkofDestiny: I do wonder if there's a licensed game that's not conducive to speedrunning, but that makes a big assumption about no corners being cut during development and given the need to strike when the iron is hot with this stuff it seems unlikely.
TMNT Ninja Adventures Activity Centre. Ha, ha!