It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're gonna need a bigger fleet.

Halcyon 6: The Precursor Legacy is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com. The base game is now 50% off until February 26, 2PM UTC.
Uh-oh. Seems like, despite your best efforts, the galaxy is now exposed to attacks from extra-dimensional behemoths that will give your fleet a run for its money. The good news is that once vanquished they will drop valuable artifacts, which you can use to upgrade your ship. Are you ready to try, big game hunter?
badon: I'm SO CLOSE to jumping on this bandwagon with you :) I already spent too much money on the Chinese New Year sale, so I might have to wait, but the game does look like it would be a lot of fun to play.
My problem is less about money, more about time to play (I'm currently switching careers!). :p But I'd guess the game's price is bound to get lower in future sales this year, if you want to wait. :)
DF1871: ... It was a real pain in the base game because of the low speed you could improve your base/team/ships and together with some minor flaws it can still make you grind your teeth.
Tarhiel: I have heard speed of this management was upped in Lightspeed Edition, is it true?
Yes, the lightspeed-Edition was a huge upgrade and if you like this kind of hybrid it's a 4 Star "have fun game".
The point is, you have a limited pool of officers and most things need to be done with officers, everything is faster but you still spend quite some time waiting for officers to finish their task and later (after the production is automated) waiting for the next event/unlock.
It's a good game but not for everyone.
Post edited February 21, 2018 by DF1871
DF1871: The point is, you have a limited pool of officers and most things need to be done with officers, everything is faster but you still spend quite some time waiting for officers to finish their task
I remember I never really had an issue with this. Very early on I figured officers were basically actions (not to mention fleets!) so I recruited early and often. I figured I could forgo other actions because every officer I got early was a whole bunch of actions later.

So I "wasted" quite a few resources and turns early on getting extra cheap officers. Which quickly paid off when I wasn't limited later because I had like 3, 4, 5 guys running around.
DF1871: The point is, you have a limited pool of officers and most things need to be done with officers, everything is faster but you still spend quite some time waiting for officers to finish their task
Ixamyakxim: I remember I never really had an issue with this. Very early on I figured officers were basically actions (not to mention fleets!) so I recruited early and often. I figured I could forgo other actions because every officer I got early was a whole bunch of actions later.

So I "wasted" quite a few resources and turns early on getting extra cheap officers. Which quickly paid off when I wasn't limited later because I had like 3, 4, 5 guys running around.
Seems i don't find the right words to describe my impression.
I didn't found it difficult and i had no problems to reach my goal, i just had to wait more often then i am used too, it just feeled like the game had no real flow. I love strategic games and most hybrides, over the years i played alpha centauri, Civ III, CIV IV, HOI,King of the Dragon Pass, Distant Worlds, MOO...and many more but none of them felt so slow. As i said, the game gave me the feeling that waiting is quite a part of the game
Post edited February 23, 2018 by DF1871