It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're gonna need a bigger fleet.

Halcyon 6: The Precursor Legacy is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com. The base game is now 50% off until February 26, 2PM UTC.
Uh-oh. Seems like, despite your best efforts, the galaxy is now exposed to attacks from extra-dimensional behemoths that will give your fleet a run for its money. The good news is that once vanquished they will drop valuable artifacts, which you can use to upgrade your ship. Are you ready to try, big game hunter?
Instabuy. Thank you.
Yeah, looks ok, reminds me of Darius arcades (classic action shoot'em all), but turn based, and has linux binary... and price is nice... I have no idea what I'm buying, but I will take one right now.

@GOG: btw, when wishlisted, it does not show in the wishlist, feels almost like the game is internally not released yet or what.

EDIT: oh, it's just DLC, that probably explains that above, I didn't have base game yet.
Post edited February 19, 2018 by ped7g
Tarhiel: Instabuy. Thank you.
Why?

Tell me about the game. The premise (space opera jRPG where your "characters" are space ships and you level up with ship upgrades...) sounds great, but the reviews on it are pretty poor.
This game looks awesome.
Thanks Devs for putting it on gog :D
Tarhiel: Instabuy. Thank you.
mqstout: Why?

Tell me about the game. The premise (space opera jRPG where your "characters" are space ships and you level up with ship upgrades...) sounds great, but the reviews on it are pretty poor.
Why not?
Reviews for a former game were actually good (better than poor), and many of the former flaws were addressed in the Lightspeed Edition.
+ cost is superficial, no need to wait for sale here.
Post edited February 19, 2018 by Tarhiel
Haven't played not even the base game. Looks really interesting. Does anyone know if the battles shown are turn-based? (I would prefer if they were...)
I played this game when it first released and felt it was missing something. I've heard it has been improved though so maybe I'll check it out again.
GenlyAi: Haven't played not even the base game. Looks really interesting. Does anyone know if the battles shown are turn-based? (I would prefer if they were...)
Yup absolutely they are - almost like old school JRPGs. Your little ships (and guys during ground battles) have all these powers and about 6 - 8 different types of attack effects that all synergize with each other in fun little ways; plus enemies that are immune / vulnerable to different ones.

So there's a lot of fun "equipping" your little fleets with the skills they'll need to play well off of each other and also cover a broad enough range of enemy strengths and weaknesses.

I really loved this game - I should probably write a review - the game has a great overall score here (4 Stars I think?) but just a couple of terrible poorly thought out reveiws that dominate the gamecard.

Hmm I think this addon might be just the thing to get me back into the game. I solved the "original" version and had a ton of fun with it. Maybe this is just the excuse I need to check out all the improvements / changes they made in Lightspeed Edition. Devs really provided a TON of ongoing additional content for the game - it's an easy one to support.
This is a really great game, I'll probably pick this up at some point, but I've already done three runs through the game (and one quite recently) and sort of burned myself out on it for now.

I would say it's a cross between X-Com (in that you are constantly responding to attacks and threats while upgrading your base and progressing the story) and a traditional JRPG (the combat is classic JRPG with a few modern twists).

A lot of the upgrades they've made improved the game, but also made it slightly easier. It's clear the Dev's are really passionate about it though, which is well worth supporting in itself.
GenlyAi: Haven't played not even the base game. Looks really interesting. Does anyone know if the battles shown are turn-based? (I would prefer if they were...)
Ixamyakxim: Yup absolutely they are - almost like old school JRPGs. Your little ships (and guys during ground battles) have all these powers and about 6 - 8 different types of attack effects that all synergize with each other in fun little ways; plus enemies that are immune / vulnerable to different ones.
Thank you! Just bought it (the base game for now).
Ixamyakxim: Yup absolutely they are - almost like old school JRPGs. Your little ships (and guys during ground battles) have all these powers and about 6 - 8 different types of attack effects that all synergize with each other in fun little ways; plus enemies that are immune / vulnerable to different ones.

So there's a lot of fun "equipping" your little fleets with the skills they'll need to play well off of each other and also cover a broad enough range of enemy strengths and weaknesses.

I really loved this game - I should probably write a review - the game has a great overall score here (4 Stars I think?) but just a couple of terrible poorly thought out reveiws that dominate the gamecard.

Hmm I think this addon might be just the thing to get me back into the game. I solved the "original" version and had a ton of fun with it. Maybe this is just the excuse I need to check out all the improvements / changes they made in Lightspeed Edition. Devs really provided a TON of ongoing additional content for the game - it's an easy one to support.
I look forward to seeing your review.
adaliabooks: This is a really great game, I'll probably pick this up at some point, but I've already done three runs through the game (and one quite recently) and sort of burned myself out on it for now.

I would say it's a cross between X-Com (in that you are constantly responding to attacks and threats while upgrading your base and progressing the story) and a traditional JRPG (the combat is classic JRPG with a few modern twists).

A lot of the upgrades they've made improved the game, but also made it slightly easier. It's clear the Dev's are really passionate about it though, which is well worth supporting in itself.
Maybe you can write a review too?
GenlyAi: Thank you! Just bought it (the base game for now).
I'm SO CLOSE to jumping on this bandwagon with you :) I already spent too much money on the Chinese New Year sale, so I might have to wait, but the game does look like it would be a lot of fun to play.
Post edited February 20, 2018 by badon
I played through the base game and the lightspeed edition once, it's a nice game overall around 4 stars if you like hybrids like this but only 2 or 3 if you don't like it. The reason behind this is the managment of your officierpool, your quite limited with this most the time so you will spend quite some time looking your team(s) to travel 2 steps forward, 1 backward, 1 forward, o a blockade spawned, 3 steps backward to the base,...it can be quite annoying/boring sometimes.

It was a real pain in the base game because of the low speed you could improve your base/team/ships and together with some minor flaws it can still make you grind your teeth.
DF1871: ... It was a real pain in the base game because of the low speed you could improve your base/team/ships and together with some minor flaws it can still make you grind your teeth.
I have heard speed of this management was upped in Lightspeed Edition, is it true?
DF1871: ... It was a real pain in the base game because of the low speed you could improve your base/team/ships and together with some minor flaws it can still make you grind your teeth.
Tarhiel: I have heard speed of this management was upped in Lightspeed Edition, is it true?
Kind of. It's a lot less stressful in the newer version than the original one was. Originally you couldn't automate resource production until later in the game, which meant you had to use your officers and ships to both fend off attacks and gather the resources necessary to continue building up.
Now a lot of the upgrades are cheaper and resource gathering can be automated reasonably quickly so you don't have to worry about it and your officers will mostly be going out killing the enemies as they appear.