It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The award-winning sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division returns in style! Better get ready – because The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is now available on GOG, and with a -20% launch discount! The offer ends on March 21, 4 PM UTC.

The Outer Worlds is a first-person adventure where you’ll find yourself lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy. You’ll awake decades later, only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony. As you explore the furthest reaches of space and encounter various factions, all vying for power, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. To get the ultimate experience though, get The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition and The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Upgrade!

Now on GOG!
The Outer Worlds: Non-Mandatory Corporate-Sponsored Bundle $85.22+The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Upgrade $10.06 = is it worth the money ?
DD & Ji Ji: The Outer Worlds: Non-Mandatory Corporate-Sponsored Bundle $85.22+The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Upgrade $10.06 = is it worth the money ?
My gut feeling is that the answer is a definite NO.
I'm also a tad frustrated that there isn't an upgrade option for those of us that only own the base game.
Post edited March 07, 2023 by Mjauv
Just buy the new version instead of the old one + upgrade.
Post edited March 07, 2023 by neumi5694
DD & Ji Ji: The Outer Worlds: Non-Mandatory Corporate-Sponsored Bundle $85.22+The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Upgrade $10.06 = is it worth the money ?
Nope, wait for a huge discount.
This should be a free upgrade, not paid DLC.
If you didn't get the non mandatory package, just get the discounted $48 game. If you did, then get the $9.99 upgrade.
neumi5694: Just buy the new version instead of the old one + upgrade.
Edit: forget it, I misread what you wrote.
Post edited March 07, 2023 by bluethief
Glad to see this is a separate entry and the original version is still available! Will definitely pick it up in the future!
All these editions and prices (yikes!) make my head hurt. I'll stay with the PS4 version for now... and maybe forever
Tarhiel: Nope, wait for a huge discount.
What's a "huge discount" on something that already costs only $10? Also I doubt you have tried it or even watched an extensive review, so I'm guessing you're just being Mr. Negative about how worthwhile it is. Nothing wrong with compensating developers for their work IF they did good work.

I'm waiting until tomorrow because I have a new GPU coming in the mail, so I'll find out then. Loaded the menu though and it has RTGI, which usually looks amazing.
"The Outer Worlds: Non-Mandatory Corporate-Sponsored Bundle" includes The Outer Worlds Original Soundtrack. Does the "The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition" have the soundtrack? I don't think so.

It seems that in order to get the most complete edition, one has to buy the Non-Mandatory Bundle + Spacer’s Choice Edition Upgrade.

Unfortunatelly you cannot buy "The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition" + "The Outer Worlds Original Soundtrack"
because the store won't let you. It will tell you that the sountrack can only be bought with the "The Outer Worlds" standard edition. What a mess...
Tarhiel: Nope, wait for a huge discount.
StingingVelvet: What's a "huge discount" on something that already costs only $10? Also I doubt you have tried it or even watched an extensive review, so I'm guessing you're just being Mr. Negative about how worthwhile it is. Nothing wrong with compensating developers for their work IF they did good work.

I'm waiting until tomorrow because I have a new GPU coming in the mail, so I'll find out then. Loaded the menu though and it has RTGI, which usually looks amazing.
The so-called 'huge discount' is the price difference between the standard, no DLC version of TOW, and the stand-alone version of the SCE, a 20% discount.
'HUGE DISCOUNT', maybe that would be a huge discount, if the SCE was being offered by Spacer's Choice, but for GOG, that 20% discount is just a normal discount.
If the GOG discount for the launch of the SCE was more like 60% or better, then it would legitimately be a HUGE DISCOUNT.

$89.95 AUD TOW base version
$71.69 AUD TOW:SCE version.
$12.00 AUD TOW:SCE Upgrade

There's no mention of the SCE stand-alone having either DLC, and the store page for the SCE also has no links to actually buy the DLC or the TOW soundtrack. Those links are only on the store page for the original version of TOW.

As for me getting the SCE Upgrade, hard pass.
The budget gaming build I did in November last year, only matches the min spec for GPU, and falls short for CPU. So getting the SCE Upgrade would be a waste of time and money.
JeniSkunk: ...
I think discussion about whether the upgrade is worth it is all about people who already own and played the game, surely. If you're just now looking to get the game there's no real upgrade cost to consider, just how much the current version costs and what you're willing to spend. I don't blame those people for waiting for a discount, if you haven't bought TOW yet you're probably not that into first-person RPGs.
StingingVelvet: I think discussion about whether the upgrade is worth it is all about people who already own and played the game, surely. If you're just now looking to get the game there's no real upgrade cost to consider, just how much the current version costs and what you're willing to spend. I don't blame those people for waiting for a discount, if you haven't bought TOW yet you're probably not that into first-person RPGs.
Back in October 2020, I'd bought TOW, both DLCs and the soundtrack, due to decent discounts on GOG, about a week or so before the Non-Mandatory Corporate-Sponsored Bundle was released.
As far as the SCE Upgrade actually being worth it goes, for folks like me, no. It'd ruin playability.
It's lowkey funny they're charging so much for this version while they didn't even bother to fix that fucked up mesh from the initial armor (not a biggie, it just catched my attention because I already noticed it day 1 when it was first released)
Attachments: