It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The award-winning sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division returns in style! Better get ready – because The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is now available on GOG, and with a -20% launch discount! The offer ends on March 21, 4 PM UTC.

The Outer Worlds is a first-person adventure where you’ll find yourself lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy. You’ll awake decades later, only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony. As you explore the furthest reaches of space and encounter various factions, all vying for power, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. To get the ultimate experience though, get The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition and The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Upgrade!

Now on GOG!
JeniSkunk: As far as the SCE Upgrade actually being worth it goes, for folks like me, no. It'd ruin playability.
I'm not telling anyone without the power to run it well to buy the game. Merely talking about those complaining about them charging for it at all.
JeniSkunk: As far as the SCE Upgrade actually being worth it goes, for folks like me, no. It'd ruin playability.
StingingVelvet: I'm not telling anyone without the power to run it well to buy the game. Merely talking about those complaining about them charging for it at all.
What they're charging for, graphics improvements and level cap increase, is ripping off gamers.
The fix that gamers have been after since release, is the level cap increase.
That the fix for that, is being bundled into a graphics update which will exclude gamers who have older systems, or who have recent lower spec systems, which can run the original game, is evil.
That they are charging money for this exclusionary bundle, is reprehensible.
The level cap fix should have been a separate, free, accessible to all update.
If anyone is having issues with stuttering dropping "visual effects" down to high or lower is the magic bullet. This has been the defacto fix we've found that works every time. Best $9.99 I ever spent here, even runs on my ancient laptop which surprised the heck out of me.

Oh for anyone on Nvidia, here is the hotfix to address the CPU spike issue:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5450/kw/hotfix
Post edited March 08, 2023 by Starkrun
JeniSkunk: What they're charging for, graphics improvements and level cap increase, is ripping off gamers.
The fix that gamers have been after since release, is the level cap increase.
That the fix for that, is being bundled into a graphics update which will exclude gamers who have older systems, or who have recent lower spec systems, which can run the original game, is evil.
That they are charging money for this exclusionary bundle, is reprehensible.
The level cap fix should have been a separate, free, accessible to all update.
Obsidian likes level caps, they likely didn't want to raise it. Forces your character to specialize. This version was farmed out to a different company.

As for everything else... it's not a patch, it's a remaster with lots of little changes and from what I've seen so far a significant graphics upgrade. No one is forced to purchase it if they don't care. Assuming I like the work they have done I have no issue compensating them for that work.
kai2: All these editions and prices (yikes!) make my head hurt. I'll stay with the PS4 version for now... and maybe forever
It might go down, Starfield is rumoured to cost 120. I think the game price might go up as sub-services are becoming more and more popular.

Hopefully CDPR doesnt go that route, just add a small store, and you get double your money. They could add store to a cyberpunk and sell some fancy costumes etc. Or some gun-moves like Johnny does.

Btw, should CDPR do NFT edition with Witcher 4? Amazon is launching its own NFT-platform soon as far I know.
Post edited March 08, 2023 by CyberBobber
CyberBobber: Btw, should CDPR do NFT edition with Witcher 4? Amazon is launching its own NFT-platform soon as far I know.
Why not.
Think for a moment.
The overall idea for what an NFT is, is pretty well another way to describe exactly what being a GOG user is all about.
Actual ownership of a copy of a non-physical software item.
I only have the base game - so it seems to be the better option for me to just buy the full new version when it gets a discount.
But: Will it be the same game with my old characters and achievements or a completely seperate game?
Tarhiel: Nope, wait for a huge discount.
This should be a free upgrade, not paid DLC.
StingingVelvet: What's a "huge discount" on something that already costs only $10? Also I doubt you have tried it or even watched an extensive review, so I'm guessing you're just being Mr. Negative about how worthwhile it is. Nothing wrong with compensating developers for their work IF they did good work.

I'm waiting until tomorrow because I have a new GPU coming in the mail, so I'll find out then. Loaded the menu though and it has RTGI, which usually looks amazing.
I was talking about Non-Mandatory Corporate-Sponsored Bundle costs $85.22 + $10 buck for update - so yes, that´s not worth the money.
I know enough about updates to not being stupid to pay 10 bucks for something, which should have been a patch. Period.
Have a look at pretty much every other studio and game which had any kind of RTX upgrade: CDPR (Witcher 3, CP 2077), Metro Exodus... I can´t think of one game, which tried to monetize this kind of update.

This is not an addon, expansion, or large DLC, for which I would gladly pay.

Also, since you mentioned Obsidian in your later posts - they are currently occupied with The Outer Worlds 2, so I´m pretty much sure this whole paid upgrade thing did not come from them, but rather from their publisher, Private Division.

Another reason to wait for a discount.
Tarhiel: Also, since you mentioned Obsidian in your later posts - they are currently occupied with The Outer Worlds 2, so I´m pretty much sure this whole paid upgrade thing did not come from them, but rather from their publisher, Private Division.
Yes, it was made by Virtuos who developed various versions of many other games, e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn for PC which wasn't good at start but fixed later by many patches and is played much better now.
Post edited March 08, 2023 by action_fan
To me the price seems high given that it's an old game.

Due to how old the game is (and also since it's not that long), if they bundled everything together for $29.99 USD, then that would be reasonable IMO.
Post edited March 08, 2023 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Yup, actual performance of this "upgrade" seems to be terrible. And the only actual game-changing update that is included is the higher level cap which could have been easily added in a simple patch.

Nope, not worth my dosh. Piss off, Take-Two.
fsmcas: I only have the base game - so it seems to be the better option for me to just buy the full new version when it gets a discount.
But: Will it be the same game with my old characters and achievements or a completely seperate game?
It is a separate game with no save crossover.
P-E-S: Yup, actual performance of this "upgrade" seems to be terrible. And the only actual game-changing update that is included is the higher level cap which could have been easily added in a simple patch.

Pretty much what I was expeting. :P
Tarhiel: I know enough about updates to not being stupid to pay 10 bucks for something, which should have been a patch. Period.
Have a look at pretty much every other studio and game which had any kind of RTX upgrade: CDPR (Witcher 3, CP 2077), Metro Exodus... I can´t think of one game, which tried to monetize this kind of update.
My point from the start has only been not to assume it's crap and "a patch" and to wait for the actual product to arrive before judging it. I'm just sitting down right not to check it out, I have no idea if it is good or bad and neither did anyone else before yesterday. That's what I'm talking about when I say internet negativity, people assume the worst and get angry with zero actual knowledge.
P-E-S: Yup, actual performance of this "upgrade" seems to be terrible. And the only actual game-changing update that is included is the higher level cap which could have been easily added in a simple patch.

You said it 100% Cyberpunk...with Ray Tracing......outperforms this De-Master. I'd be quite embarrassed as a company if I were Virtuoso. Then again, these are the same folks who botched Horizon Zero Dawn. The supposed bandwagon, or hate train, or what have you has been well earned and deserved. People were calling it review bombing when it fact they were truthful and honest reviews.