It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With Kickstarter beta access on GOG.com!

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is becoming one of the biggest, most successful Kickstarter campaigns in history.

Straight from the under the watchful eye of Koji Igarashi, one of the godfathers of the genre, comes the newest exploration-focused, side scrolling platformer with RPG and crafting elements. In short, it's shaping up to be the biggest Metroidvania release in recent memory - already surpassing its original Kickstarter goal by sixfold. As of right now that is.

We're huge fans of IGA and Castlevania, so when we heard that Koji Igarashi was returning to the genre we knew we wanted to work with the team to play our part in getting this amazing spiritual successor out there, completely DRM-free, with our signature kind of customer love.

That's why we're excited to announce that we'll be supporting the upcoming release with DRM-free versions to all Kickstarter backers of the game pledging $28 or more!

Everyone who backs the project at the $60 tier (or higher) will receive not only a DRM-free digital copy of the game, but also exclusive backer-only content and access to the beta, all right here on GOG.com.

You can make your pledge over on Kickstarter, and stay tuned for future backer updates with more details on how to get started with your access to the beta.
Post edited May 02, 2019 by Ashleee
Zoidberg: Now onto thebeta/crowdfunded titles, they are basically an extension of preorders and thus innerently worse, in a lot of regards, and even for all the positive things it allows, it may bring even worse things. There are very few successful or even semi-successful game dev projects that came out of it, and it becomes more and more a way for dev teams to grab cash that hey don't really know what to make of because they are developpers and marketers and they don't have the necessary talents to bring the project to a decent end.

Sure, there are some successes but this should obscure the fact that a great majority... is not.
But GOG is not signing on ALL crowdfunded games. They're signing on THIS crowdfunded game. Will you also argue that since the average person is not the Pope, the Pope doesn't exist?
Zoidberg: Now onto thebeta/crowdfunded titles, they are basically an extension of preorders and thus innerently worse, in a lot of regards, and even for all the positive things it allows, it may bring even worse things. There are very few successful or even semi-successful game dev projects that came out of it, and it becomes more and more a way for dev teams to grab cash that hey don't really know what to make of because they are developpers and marketers and they don't have the necessary talents to bring the project to a decent end.

Sure, there are some successes but this should obscure the fact that a great majority... is not.
Starmaker: But GOG is not signing on ALL crowdfunded games. They're signing on THIS crowdfunded game. Will you also argue that since the average person is not the Pope, the Pope doesn't exist?
OK, sorry but I do not understand your post.
high rated
Starmaker: But GOG is not signing on ALL crowdfunded games. They're signing on THIS crowdfunded game. Will you also argue that since the average person is not the Pope, the Pope doesn't exist?
Zoidberg: OK, sorry but I do not understand your post.
Your argument:
- most crowdfunded games are terrible (debatable);
- the average crowdfunded game is terrible (maybe, questionable math);
- GOG is signing on 1 (one) crowdfunded game (true);
- therefore, GOG is harming itself and us.

Meanwhile, GOG is signing on one (one!) crowdfunded game that they have specifically selected for its not-terribleness to the best of their ability (now, people might argue is isn't released yet, but timeless decision theory tells us it doesn't actually matter -- they operate under uncertainty with released games, too).

So all this probabilitist math doesn't actually apply. The question is whether you trust their judgment or not. You don't, and that's okay -- it's the same situation as with any other game they offer, they sell games they think will find traction with a segment of their customer demographic ("curation") and it's your job to decide whether a particular offer is interesting and financially sound to you.

---
Personally, I very much approve. I pledged $500 for Divinity: OS which allowed for various creative input but ultimately decided against shitting all over a game I hadn't played (I couldn't play it because the beta was Steam-only, and I can't use Steam anymore because of technical issues). Now, I hate backer-exclusive content, but when the choice (for GOG) is between implementing said content DRM-free, selling only a crippled DRM-free version of the game, and not selling it at all, it's clear which option benefits GOG's mission more.
Post edited June 05, 2015 by Starmaker
I was debating backing the game -- I dislike Steam intensely. However, since there will be a GOG version (yay!), I will go check out which tier I is most appealing!
I want to clarify, if we pledge something like US$100, will we still get a digital copy of the game? Since in the Kickstarter, it did not say so
TarzanEng: I want to clarify, if we pledge something like US$100, will we still get a digital copy of the game? Since in the Kickstarter, it did not say so
Yes. If you want it DRM-free, mentally replace STEAM (PC/Mac/Linux) with GOG (PC/Mac/Linux) in reward descriptions.

edit: Kickstarter doesn't allow changing a tier description if someone has pledged for that tier.
Post edited June 05, 2015 by Starmaker
Anyone know how the physical tiers would work with GOG?
Zoidberg: OK, sorry but I do not understand your post.
Starmaker: Your argument:
- most crowdfunded games are terrible (debatable);
- the average crowdfunded game is terrible (maybe, questionable math);
- GOG is signing on 1 (one) crowdfunded game (true);
- therefore, GOG is harming itself and us.

Meanwhile, GOG is signing on one (one!) crowdfunded game that they have specifically selected for its not-terribleness to the best of their ability (now, people might argue is isn't released yet, but timeless decision theory tells us it doesn't actually matter -- they operate under uncertainty with released games, too).

So all this probabilitist math doesn't actually apply. The question is whether you trust their judgment or not. You don't, and that's okay -- it's the same situation as with any other game they offer, they sell games they think will find traction with a segment of their customer demographic ("curation") and it's your job to decide whether a particular offer is interesting and financially sound to you.

---
Personally, I very much approve. I pledged $500 for Divinity: OS which allowed for various creative input but ultimately decided against shitting all over a game I hadn't played (I couldn't play it because the beta was Steam-only, and I can't use Steam anymore because of technical issues). Now, I hate backer-exclusive content, but when the choice (for GOG) is between implementing said content DRM-free, selling only a crippled DRM-free version of the game, and not selling it at all, it's clear which option benefits GOG's mission more.
Post still doesn't make sense to me. You seem obnubilated by the crowdfunding part of it. Meh. The issue isn't that most crowdfunded game is terrible, but that most don't even go and BECOME actual games.

But whatever, I don't see how I can keep with your argumentory, so let's leave it at that for now...
Reever: I figured...but the tone is what matters too, I guess...
?
This is great! Now get Yooka-Laylee on here too!
I'd fine with GOG being a platform for betas/alpha, provided that you can't buy access to them through it.

GOG really doesn't need something comparable with the Early Access crap that has really harmed PC gaming the last few years.
StrawHatLuffy23: How could this backfire?
AlienMind: Well, you have sold someone a non existent game. All sorts of things..:
- Game never comes out.
- Game comes out, but second half is missing.
- Promised game features are missing.
- Game comes out. Is shit.
- Developer turns into a menace to society.
- Bananas
In all these cases, KS will put hand in air and waits a while for grass to appear because it's reputation is already non-existent. Can GOG do the same? Until next time in this theater.

Hope all goes well, though.
DUDE, talk about being a negative Nancy. What the hell happened to you to make you so insufferably cynical?
Anyhow, although possible everything you stated is completely improbable bordering on impossible.
The game will come, whether its on time is irrelevant. The game is being published by Inti Creates, a well known and highly successful, uncontroversial indie publisher with a stellar track record. The game is being made by Koji Igarashi the godfather of Metroidvania. Iga is not some johnny come lately game dev no ones heard of. He's a highly respected and hugely underrated developer that's going to pour his heart and soul in making this the best game possible. Symphony of the night is considered one of the greatest games ever made in case you lived under a rock and didn't already know this but SOTN is mostly Iga's creation. he threw everything but the kitchen sink at that game and I doubt he would do any less to something that is 100% his child.

To you and all the nay sayers, negative Nancy's, trolls and impatient people...relax, take a chill pill guys. The game will be awesome, give them time to make it great. If you back it you'll be able to participate in a beta and or provide feedback. It's going to take time, consider your backing of it an investment , an investment that can get better with time.
tammerwhisk: Anyone know how the physical tiers would work with GOG?
I'm not quite sure, but I would imagine something similar to the retail version of Witcher 3.
WTF is going on here?. Why almost all launch / preorder forum being derailed?

We want to talk about the games here. If you guys have some issue with Games industry, DRM, GOG policy just go create new forum or take your pitchfork and complain directly to them.
Post edited June 06, 2015 by Faith
Faith: WTF is going on here?. Why almost all launch / preorder forum being derailed?

We want to talk about the games here. If you guys have some issue with Games industry, DRM, GOG policy just go create new forum or take your pitchfork and complain directly to them.
I assume because they want to complain somewhere where their posts will be seen by some (but not by so many they get royally shit on and downrepped to oblivion).

At least that is my guess.