It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With Kickstarter beta access on GOG.com!

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is becoming one of the biggest, most successful Kickstarter campaigns in history.

Straight from the under the watchful eye of Koji Igarashi, one of the godfathers of the genre, comes the newest exploration-focused, side scrolling platformer with RPG and crafting elements. In short, it's shaping up to be the biggest Metroidvania release in recent memory - already surpassing its original Kickstarter goal by sixfold. As of right now that is.

We're huge fans of IGA and Castlevania, so when we heard that Koji Igarashi was returning to the genre we knew we wanted to work with the team to play our part in getting this amazing spiritual successor out there, completely DRM-free, with our signature kind of customer love.

That's why we're excited to announce that we'll be supporting the upcoming release with DRM-free versions to all Kickstarter backers of the game pledging $28 or more!

Everyone who backs the project at the $60 tier (or higher) will receive not only a DRM-free digital copy of the game, but also exclusive backer-only content and access to the beta, all right here on GOG.com.

You can make your pledge over on Kickstarter, and stay tuned for future backer updates with more details on how to get started with your access to the beta.
Post edited May 02, 2019 by Ashleee
Good luck, GOG. This could backfire.
AlienMind: Good luck, GOG. This could backfire.
How could this backfire? Expanding their catalog is key to competing and giving more features like betas with GOG Galaxy is only a good thing. What's the worst that could happen?
high rated
Zoidberg: Gog becomes worse and worse while Steam becomes better and better...

*sigh*

Quel monde...
How are they getting worse with this one? There were already seevral KS games, that were announced to come here during backer campaign? Plus I don't see anything wrong with it.

Or do you just think that this game makes this site worse?
Post edited June 04, 2015 by Vitek
Wow, I am really glad to see that GOG is going to work with upcoming games through their testing. A really good idea with the Galaxy auto updates and integration.

If members of the GOG team are reading I think that there are a number of fitting games on Kickstarter to look at doing this great idea with. Including the new Bards Tale and Deadwood The Forgotten Curse (I backed that one so I would).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv?ref=category_popular
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamrollerstudios/deadwood-the-forgotten-curse-0
StrawHatLuffy23: How could this backfire?
Well, you have sold someone a non existent game. All sorts of things..:
- Game never comes out.
- Game comes out, but second half is missing.
- Promised game features are missing.
- Game comes out. Is shit.
- Developer turns into a menace to society.
- Bananas
In all these cases, KS will put hand in air and waits a while for grass to appear because it's reputation is already non-existent. Can GOG do the same? Until next time in this theater.

Hope all goes well, though.
Post edited June 04, 2015 by AlienMind
If there is one reason to own a Playstation, surely this can't be other than Symphony of the Night! I can't wait to see how Bloodstained will manage to bring back the magnificent atmosphere & gameplay of the -vania games! And i pray to the muses for the music to be mindblowing & eargasming like SotN did.
You know, I'm so glad that Gog actually used the term "Metroidvania".
This is great news.

One question though. If someone (like me) already put in for the $60 tier that would get us a PHYSICAL copy do we still get beta access for the digital version here on GOG?
Oh lord, oh gee, oh lord oh gee, OH LORD OH GEEE
Awesome. The lack of a DRM-free version was the only thing holding me back from backing this.
So GoG "Early Access" will be curated by kickstarter? I expect Torment TONN and Bard tale 4 will be on GoG Early Access too.

Maybe Shadow Run Hong Kong and more big name kickstarter too.
Great!

Though you might piss some people with backer exclusive content, though that's probably something coming from the campaign.
EckoShy: This is great news.

One question though. If someone (like me) already put in for the $60 tier that would get us a PHYSICAL copy do we still get beta access for the digital version here on GOG?
THIS

I think we do, but I'm not entirely sure.
JudasIscariot: Sweet! I didn't know about this so this is great for me as Symphony of the Night is one of my all-time favorite games :D
I pledged $100 as soon as it launched...let's play co-op together at launch! :)
Soulblade777: That's great news! I was a bit worried to not get a DRM-Free Version of the game but this puts me at ease :)

There is related question which comes to my mind. There was another successful Kickstarter for La Mulana 2 which I helped back some time ago. Since you guys offer the first installment here, are there any plans about doing a similiar thing like with Bloodstained for the sequel of La Mulana?
If memory serves, Playism ran the campaign for LM2, and they have their own online shop to promote...