It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Somebody call for an exterminator?

Ghost 1.0 is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until February 5th, 2pm UTC.
Find Mini Ghost, a funky prequel styled as an 80's metroidvania, included as a free bonus goodie.

A digital entity able to inhabit various bodies in order to execute its mission is cut loose on the Nakamura Space Station. As mysterious as she is deadly, the talented "ghost" will infiltrate its rooms, upgrade her shell and abilities, discover secrets, and overcome the station's sophisticated defences in this story-heavy metroidvania that never ceases to surprise.

Get the Soundtrack for your collection and the Support Mission Mod Skin to look even more badass.
Maybe this is hopeful for some of the other not so great rejections?
The gamepage is saying under system requirements
"Notice: languages available in Mini Ghost are as follows: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian "

In the section in which GOG is liting the available languages German text is listed as well.

So what's correct?
high rated
Hey!
We'll have a release stream of Ghost 1.0 tonight at 1am CEST/7pm EST/4pm PST at twitch.tv/gogcom!

You can check our schedule here:
http://j.mp/streaming_schedule
(it SHOULD adjust automatically to your timezone)
This looks good, and I liked UnEpic. But I bought 18 games during the winter sale last month. Mmmmhhh.
MarkoH01: The gamepage is saying under system requirements
"Notice: languages available in Mini Ghost are as follows: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian "

In the section in which GOG is liting the available languages German text is listed as well.

So what's correct?
Mini Ghost is a separate bonus game you get when you buy Ghost 1.0, that's why it lists different languages. I suppose Mini Ghost was never translated to German.
viperfdl: I liked Unepic. So this one goes definitely on my Wishlist for now.
tinyE: How did you handle the end of UnEpic? I've never played it that far but I talk to people all the time who love it but end up rage quitting at the end.

Actually, let me offer that question to everyone here who has played it.
I've beaten the game on the hardest difficulty. Here are some strategies:
* Save the item that allow you to respec until near the end of the game; use it to gain access to Reflect Projectiles once the spell becomes available, and turn your character into a pure mage. That spell really is that good.
* Aside from Reflect Projectiles, your end-game setup (once you respec) should be magic focused. Get robes of concentration (speeds up casting and makes it so that getting hit once isn't enough to interrupt your spells) and a suitable staff, boost them with Alteration spells, and use fire magic to blast through late-game enemies; don't bother with physical attacks. (You will want some healing, of course.)
* Ghost Shape potions are really useful, as they make you immune to physical attacks, but you can still cast offensive spells just fine. Combine it with Reflect Projectiles and there isn't much that can hurt you. Just be aware that you can't use levers until the effect wears off.

I don't remember how I handled the tower defense portion, but with these spells, you should be able to beat the game before the tower defense gets too hard.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: This is yet another game that has Steam Achievements but no GOG Achievements. I really wish devs would stop treating GOG customers like second-class citizens in this regard.
Pyromancer138: From Spain with love.

I miss achievements and cloud saves.
+1
Post edited January 29, 2019 by Alexim
MarkoH01: The gamepage is saying under system requirements

So what's correct?
mmodri: Mini Ghost is a separate bonus game you get when you buy Ghost 1.0, that's why it lists different languages. I suppose Mini Ghost was never translated to German.
I am so stupid. Did not even notice that this text was about "Mini Ghost" only. Thank you for your reply.
Grargar: One of them is a post-copying bot (when in doubt, look at the registered date and reputation).
Oh I see, and it's used a thesaurus to swap a couple of words for synonyms (some of which don't really fit).
viperfdl: I liked Unepic. So this one goes definitely on my Wishlist for now.
tinyE: How did you handle the end of UnEpic? I've never played it that far but I talk to people all the time who love it but end up rage quitting at the end.

Actually, let me offer that question to everyone here who has played it.
This was how I did it.

Tower Defense part:

- Equip your axe. It'll come in handy later.
- Put some ice shields near the left side of the screen, both on the ground and on the platforms. They stick around for a very long time and protect your ranged units.
- As soon as you have enough purple mana, summon mages and archers behind the ice shields. These will be softening up the crowds significantly. You'll know when you've reached the maximum number of archers/mages when summoning one makes another one disappear. Keep summoning them during breaks (as soon as you have the mana for it) until you've reached this maximum number.
- Don't waste green mana on healing. Instead, summon shamans behind the ice shields as soon as you have the green mana. They're much better at keeping you and your living units in shape.
- Make sure to renew your cannon fodder during breaks. Like before, summon them until existing ones start disappearing. Enemies generally focus on them before turning to you.
- Stand just a bit to the right of the screen's center when the timer appears and cast the Death Cloud (the flying skull) spell when the timer reaches 2. The death cloud will slowly travel across the screen and murder most elves right as they appear. Don't immediately rush in afterwards because you move faster than the Death Cloud and it's possible to kill yourself by walking through your own cloud. When the cloud's done what it does best, move in, jump over what's left of the mob and hack them to bits from behind.
- When ents (the living trees) start appearing, use a Fire Breath spell instead of a Death Cloud. Also chop them up from behind. They take forever to kill with anything but the axe, which is why you equipped it.
- When griffins start appearing, step back, aim and spam ice bolts to shoot them out of the sky.

You should be able to hold on for a long time using these strategies.

Daniel's part:

- Use the pet you got in the Halls. (the one that paralyzes enemies) It's the best pet anyway.
- Clear all screens so when you're forced to switch POV, you can return to a previous screen and safely park your character there.
- Cast regeneration on yourself before switching POV, it'll do its thing while you're defending the castle.
- Certain "cheap" spells like Sleep, Confuse or Transform can be quite handy. Do make sure you have some good ranged options (you needed them anyway for the Halls boss) like top-level fire/ice bolts, fully upgraded Stalagmite or the bow that covers enemies in acid.
- Unless you have the axe or some very powerful fire magic, you can probably avoid most of the ents. They take forever to kill.
- The last mini-boss has very low HP, but is unbelievably annoying since he teleports around the room at high speed and surrounds himself with a spread of projectiles before firing them outwards and the projectiles stun you on contact, making melee attacks all but impossible. If you have Reflect spell, congratulations, you've already won. Otherwise, I hope you have some Arcane immunity scrolls left. (there's like 3 to 5 of them hidden throughout the game) They completely protect you from both the damage and stun for a short while and it can even allow you to rush in and bash the boss to death. You'll have to be quick before they run out though. Otherwise, good luck. You can't win in an endurance fight against this guy, so try to kill him as quickly as you can. Remember that the boss shouldn't be able to hurt you if you hide on the ladder under the lower-right platform. Hide there if the timer appears in the middle of the battle or to shoot and take cover if you have no other options.
Post edited January 30, 2019 by Erpy
MarkoH01: Question to those who know the game: How hard is it? More like Hollow Knight or more like Dust?
The game has three difficulties and two modes. Difficulties are the standard Easy, Medium, Hard and the modes are divided into Survival and Classic. Survival is a bit like a roguelike where the longer you stay alive, the harder the game becomes and the better the rewards are. Upon death, however, the difficulty and the rewards are reset and you lose everything, aside your skills. Classic is more like your standard Metroidvania experience, where difficulty progresses steadily as you go along and you lose all cash and any items you have not saved (the game will autosave and send you back to the latest save point after each death). The latter can be partially mitigated by upgrades that allow you to respawn with some cash, instead of none.

Having completed both Hollow Knight (the base game + Grimm Troupe) and Ghost 1.0 (on Medium Classic), I'd say that Ghost 1.0 is harder than Hollow Knight, mostly for how quickly can enemies drain your health in groups and healing being pretty sparse, at least at the beginning of the game. On the plus side, automapping is available right from the start and save points are more plentiful and have a secondary use as teleporters.
Erpy: - Unless you have the axe or some very powerful fire magic, you can probably avoid most of the ents. They take forever to kill.
- The last mini-boss has very low HP, but is unbelievably annoying since he teleports around the room at high speed and surrounds himself with a spread of projectiles before firing them outwards and the projectiles stun you on contact, making melee attacks all but impossible. If you have Reflect spell, congratulations, you've already won. Otherwise, I hope you have some Arcane immunity scrolls left. (there's like 3 to 5 of them hidden throughout the game) They completely protect you from both the damage and stun for a short while and it can even allow you to rush in and bash the boss to death. You'll have to be quick before they run out though. Otherwise, good luck. You can't win in an endurance fight against this guy, so try to kill him as quickly as you can. Remember that the boss shouldn't be able to hurt you if you hide on the ladder under the lower-right platform. Hide there if the timer appears in the middle of the battle or to shoot and take cover if you have no other options.
Hence why respecing your character to be a pure mage, casting Reflect Projectiles, and using a combination of Ghost Form potions (they're worth the 8 points in Alchemy) and fire magic to kill those ents is a good idea.

It's interesting how Unepic satisfies the "linear warriors, quadratic wizards" trope despite not being the sort of game where you expect that.

By the way, if you switch to the Tower Defense part while your character is in the air, you will continue falling without changing screens; this allows you to complete one of the more difficult challenges rather easily.

Edit: s/My/By/ at the start of the last paragraph.
Post edited January 31, 2019 by dtgreene
I remember seeing this and thinking it looked interesting...
I bought this via steam because it was from the same guy (Yes only one dev) that made UNepic, I even made a thread over there! You can bet your beautiful backsides that it's in my cart right now!

Panaias: Nice release GOG. Any comments from people who have played it? We need more Metroidvanias here :) (next: Axiom Verge, please!)
Yep, it's amazing you can play with either a M&Board or a controller, both of which are customizable, if you loved UNepic, you'll love this game!
Post edited January 30, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
does anybody have issues with downloading it via gogrepo.py? Mine cant find it in library