It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Somebody call for an exterminator?

Ghost 1.0 is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until February 5th, 2pm UTC.
Find Mini Ghost, a funky prequel styled as an 80's metroidvania, included as a free bonus goodie.

A digital entity able to inhabit various bodies in order to execute its mission is cut loose on the Nakamura Space Station. As mysterious as she is deadly, the talented "ghost" will infiltrate its rooms, upgrade her shell and abilities, discover secrets, and overcome the station's sophisticated defences in this story-heavy metroidvania that never ceases to surprise.

Get the Soundtrack for your collection and the Support Mission Mod Skin to look even more badass.
I waited several months to get this here and finally bought it on steam because I figured it wouldn't get here.
Hurry up next time GoG!
Post edited January 30, 2019 by doppelschwert
takezodunmer2005: ...Yep, it's amazing you can play with either a M&Board or a controller, both of which are customizable, if you loved UNepic, you'll love this game!
Hey thanks, nice to know I can play it with a controller. To be honest, I haven't played UNepic because every time I look at the screenshots I am intimidated by that huge inventory with millions of items (also one of the reasons I am not into traditional RPGs). Also, I am not the resource-manager-and-spellcaster kind of gamer :) Is Ghost 1.0 a Metroidvania e.g. like Ori and the Blind Forest or more of a RPG like UNepic?
doppelschwert: I waited several months to get this here and finally bought it on steam because I figured it wouldn't get here. Hurry up next time GoG!
Well, I have waited several years for Axiom Verge to get here & I still haven't given in to that other store. Patience overdose :)
Post edited January 30, 2019 by Panaias
nice, been holding off buying this on Steam. the wait paid off this time
Panaias: Is Ghost 1.0 a Metroidvania e.g. like Ori and the Blind Forest or more of a RPG like UNepic?
I'd say more like UnEpic, but it doesn't feature any experience levels or the ability to specialize in a weapon/spell (also the game's challenge comes mostly from fighting enemies, as environmental challenges aren't too numerous, at least in the beginning). Instead, at specific intervals through the game, you gain skill points that you can spend on one of the 5 skill trees of the game that add new abilities or enhance existing ones, such as allowing you to double jump, giving you an air dash, half the damage when you roll, increase your damage when crouching or standing still, etc.

In addition, you can also use cubes (read: cash) that you can use at shops to purchase power-ups, like increased HPs or ammo magazines and various subweapons that you can use in place of your main weapon, while waiting for it to recharge its ammunition.
Post edited January 30, 2019 by Grargar
MarkoH01: Could you please explain to me how this "alarm level" is working? Is it a setting you can set manually or something that's happening in game depending on how you play?
As you progress through the station you trigger alarms that cause the doors to lock and enemies to attack, the more you trigger the higher level the alarm becomes, but it resets when you are destroyed and need to respawn at a printer.

Keeping the alarm level high gives you a lot more rewards and allows you to upgrade your shell faster, but it does make things more difficult, though I find I end up dying most often from forgetting that I have something equipped that damages things around me and taking an shortcut only to find myself being destroyed by some pipes that blew up in my face.

There are achievements (well, not here, but they exist) for going through alarms without taking a single hit, so far I've managed with the first five levels but can't seem to get a level six done perfectly.
Pyromancer138: From Spain with love.

I miss achievements and cloud saves.
The game has in-game achievements (just as UnEpic). You won't be able to show them on your Galaxy profile, but they are present. Cloud saves would be nice, anyway.
Pyromancer138: From Spain with love.

I miss achievements and cloud saves.
Lone_Scout: The game has in-game achievements (just as UnEpic). You won't be able to show them on your Galaxy profile, but they are present. Cloud saves would be nice, anyway.
Glad to hear that,dude.
MarkoH01: Could you please explain to me how this "alarm level" is working? Is it a setting you can set manually or something that's happening in game depending on how you play?
Waldschatten: As you progress through the station you trigger alarms that cause the doors to lock and enemies to attack, the more you trigger the higher level the alarm becomes, but it resets when you are destroyed and need to respawn at a printer.

Keeping the alarm level high gives you a lot more rewards and allows you to upgrade your shell faster, but it does make things more difficult, though I find I end up dying most often from forgetting that I have something equipped that damages things around me and taking an shortcut only to find myself being destroyed by some pipes that blew up in my face.

There are achievements (well, not here, but they exist) for going through alarms without taking a single hit, so far I've managed with the first five levels but can't seem to get a level six done perfectly.
MarkoH01: Question to those who know the game: How hard is it? More like Hollow Knight or more like Dust?
Grargar: The game has three difficulties and two modes. Difficulties are the standard Easy, Medium, Hard and the modes are divided into Survival and Classic. Survival is a bit like a roguelike where the longer you stay alive, the harder the game becomes and the better the rewards are. Upon death, however, the difficulty and the rewards are reset and you lose everything, aside your skills. Classic is more like your standard Metroidvania experience, where difficulty progresses steadily as you go along and you lose all cash and any items you have not saved (the game will autosave and send you back to the latest save point after each death). The latter can be partially mitigated by upgrades that allow you to respawn with some cash, instead of none.

Having completed both Hollow Knight (the base game + Grimm Troupe) and Ghost 1.0 (on Medium Classic), I'd say that Ghost 1.0 is harder than Hollow Knight, mostly for how quickly can enemies drain your health in groups and healing being pretty sparse, at least at the beginning of the game. On the plus side, automapping is available right from the start and save points are more plentiful and have a secondary use as teleporters.
Thank you both for your detailed answers that will help me a lot with my decision.
Post edited January 30, 2019 by MarkoH01
dtgreene: Hence why respecing your character to be a pure mage, casting Reflect Projectiles, and using a combination of Ghost Form potions (they're worth the 8 points in Alchemy) and fire magic to kill those ents is a good idea.
I certainly can't deny the usefulness of any of those abilities, but respecing just to get around a single scenario always felt "off" to me. Whenever I played UnEpic (I probably finished it about a dozen times on hard++, mobs are annoying, but the extra skill points make the game a lot more fun), I always set out to finish the game with whatever build I was playing as. Throwing the build I've been using all game completely out the window at the 11th hour always felt wrong to me. I suppose that's one of the small issues I have with the game, certain bosses/parts require certain skills and if you lack those, tough luck.

It's interesting how Unepic satisfies the "linear warriors, quadratic wizards" trope despite not being the sort of game where you expect that.
The quadratic wizard-thing certainly is true, though the warriors aren't so much linear as they are "linear most of the times and then you suddenly run head-first into a brick wall". Fortunately, with the addition of weapon skills, warrior builds are fairly viable in the latest version as long as you make sure to have bow skills.
Post edited January 30, 2019 by Erpy
Hmm, looks interesting and not that expensive, maybe after next paycheck. :P
dtgreene: Hence why respecing your character to be a pure mage, casting Reflect Projectiles, and using a combination of Ghost Form potions (they're worth the 8 points in Alchemy) and fire magic to kill those ents is a good idea.
Erpy: I certainly can't deny the usefulness of any of those abilities, but respecing just to get around a single scenario always felt "off" to me. Whenever I played UnEpic (I probably finished it about a dozen times on hard++, mobs are annoying, but the extra skill points make the game a lot more fun), I always set out to finish the game with whatever build I was playing as. Throwing the build I've been using all game completely out the window at the 11th hour always felt wrong to me. I suppose that's one of the small issues I have with the game, certain bosses/parts require certain skills and if you lack those, tough luck.
Actually, when I played through on Hard++, I don't remember if I actually respeced. I do, however, remember that I played a pure mage build throughout the game.

The one thing I don't like about hard++ is the lack of invincibility after getting hit, which leads to the player getting stunlocked which is not fun.
dtgreene: Actually, when I played through on Hard++, I don't remember if I actually respeced. I do, however, remember that I played a pure mage build throughout the game.

The one thing I don't like about hard++ is the lack of invincibility after getting hit, which leads to the player getting stunlocked which is not fun.
I think that's also the ONLY thing that separates hard++ from hard, aside from the extra point.

The lack of mercy invincibility CAN be troublesome as it turns certain parts of the game (*cough* catacombs) into real deathtraps where even the slightest mistake gets you insta-killed, but it also encourages you to play more carefully and approach certain sections with a different strategy.
Lone_Scout: The game has in-game achievements (just as UnEpic). You won't be able to show them on your Galaxy profile, but they are present. Cloud saves would be nice, anyway.
Pyromancer138: Glad to hear that,dude.
One thing to note, if you've played this game elsewhere:

Your saves will contain all the upgrades but you will lose some mission progress (For some reason I have to do the sample collection from the greenhouse all over again) and the achievements will be reset. You'll get some (like the number of equipped secondary weapons) immediately upon loading the save while others (like the alarm survival and perfects) will need to be unlocked again.

One thing to note though, which is different from what I've seen said here, there *IS* cloud save via Galaxy.
This game has Steam Achievements and therefore it should have those same identical ones as GOG Galaxy Achievements as well. That is the only way that this game would have parity/equality between platforms and stop treating GOG customers like second-class citizens.
Seems that Mini-Ghost is on Steam payable (small price, but still), really nice surprise that we're receiving it on GOG for free, when buying Ghost.

I've got to admit, I have soft spot for Unepic (played and finished it looong before it came on Steam and GOG), so I'm going to trust developer and buy it right away.