It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I have have now downloaded Metro2033 with the GOG Downloader and through my browser, and both times it tells me the bin files are corrupted. I don't see anything about that in here or on the Metro support page.

I just spent an entire month of bandwidth and all I get is, "Redownload Files".

Meh, shit happens. Tis a pity but there are greater travesties in life. I shall endure! :D
I checked the Metro 2033 Redux installer I have on my hard drive, and at least it passes the installer integrity check and installs fine. The filenames are the same as are on GOG servers, so I presume they are exactly the same files, unless something has recently got broken at GOG's end.

Did the error come through installation, ie. you had enabled the "Check file integrity before installation" in the installer options? Didn't it specify which installer file is broken?

Since you downloaded the installer files twice, make sure the installer file names are correct. They should be (file names in bold, correct md5 checksums in parenthesis):

setup_metro_2033_redux_2.0.0.2.exe (md5 checksum: 7727f427538be58b0977a2fdb87e34cf )
setup_metro_2033_redux_2.0.0.2-1.bin (md5 checksum: c89b8531fa81e3588c643e2836de5459 )
setup_metro_2033_redux_2.0.0.2-2.bin (md5 checksum: 7f864e827a5cfb989c6e9a7e7b22e66e )

Depending on your Windows settings, the end part (.exe or .bin) might not be visible, they are hidden by default, but that doesn't matter. If you had the old (corrupted) files already there when you start downloading the new ones on top of them, sometimes the browser (or Windows?) just renames the new file to something like e.g. setup_metro_2033_redux_2.0.0.2-1(2).bin so that the original downloaded file doesn't get overwritten.

If it has done that, I am wondering if you are still trying to install with the old corrupted files, because the redownloaded ones are renamed incorrectly? In such case you should delete the old corrupted installer files and rename the new ones to look like above.

With those md5 checksums above, you should be able to check which installer file or files are corrupted. but first you need to generate md5 checksums for you downloaded installer file. Here are some hints how to do it in Windows 10:

https://www.nextofwindows.com/5-ways-to-generate-and-verify-md5-sha-checksum-of-any-file-in-windows-10

Note that in the first two examples (command line and PowerShell options) they generate SHA-512 checksums for a file, not a MD5 checksum, so you need to change the commands a bit.

I know the old GOG Downloader is supposed to have some kind of on-the-fly integrity check of the download so that it should be less likely to end up with corrupted files, but back when I still used the Downloader, sometimes it still failed in that, especially if the internet connection was quite slow and flaky.

Also from the past I recall some complaining that some over-eager antivirus software made their downloads corrupted, so what antivirus are you using? The default one that comes with Windows 10?

I am unsure what kind of extra download integrity checking Galaxy uses, if you'd use it for downloading the installer file (from the backup options)? Or even download and install the game completely through Galaxy, similarly like in Steam? I have no experience with that though, but it might be one option for you if you just seem to be unable to get your installer files intact.
Post edited February 23, 2018 by timppu
Just started up Red Dead Redemption on PS Now last night. Other than that, I no longer feel like I have to finish *every* game I play anymore, and I'm a lot less stressed.

I had some trade in credit at Gamestop, so I got a 3 month sub to PS Now to test it out, and I use gamefly, so I'm saving a LOT of money over buying games.

I'm also moving more towards console purchases when I do buy them, because at least console purchases you can trade in.
After dropping Path of Exile (was foolish enough to think that experienced player like me won't fall to MMO-like traps, especially considering that I got decent connection very late when there was only one king) I feel like reborn and started digging my hard drive looking for something to play. Feels like new place for me...

So far:
Crime Cities - surprisingly fun game, glad Techland released it again. I have a problem determining whenever I hit something with my car or not, first person camera in big city full of flying cars? No wonder.

GTA3 for PS2 - I have warm spot for this game, sure later GTAs are better but there is something that make me like 3rd game more.
Oh and there are "....Story" series on PS2, can't wait to try them all!

Dungeon Keeper 2 - thanks to one guy (Archon) I managed to translate GOG game to my language (Polish) with fully voice acting. It's amazing work and shame it's not officially released... glad my old CD version have still some use!
1 - Age of Wonders III campaign
2 - WARLORDS III DARKLORDS RISING -making a new map/scenario from scratch (for the 100th time!)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

It's truly an ambitious game. The game is a splendid mix of many others, seasoned by realism. It reminisce of Oblivion, The Witcher, Mount and Blade, Fable and Thief. Been playing for 15 hours and the only thing that bothers me is when you need to find a specific bandit in a large area of some forest in every other quest or so. It's frustrating to run around in there and trust that your luck shall guide you.
Has anyone played GTA 4 in the past couple of years? I'm approaching what I think is the end of the "first chapter" but I'm worried about the inevitable GTA prospect of losing side missions because of a story mission making you move across the map or killing one of the 'side mission' characters or something.

Anyone know what that mission is that will cut off a section of the map?
Stardew Valley

I'm playing this since a week and i'm having a blast. It's lots of fun to play and surprisingly addictive. Played ~80 hours so far with no end in sight. :)
Post edited February 27, 2018 by Impaler26
tinyE: Has anyone played GTA 4 in the past couple of years? I'm approaching what I think is the end of the "first chapter" but I'm worried about the inevitable GTA prospect of losing side missions because of a story mission making you move across the map or killing one of the 'side mission' characters or something.

Anyone know what that mission is that will cut off a section of the map?
Someone with more recent experience might confirm, but I don't think there are any missions that cut off areas of the map. Even quite towards the end I remember doing missions around the starting area, such as at that warehouse with the crazy exercise guy.
Was playing Astro Battle for the Bally Astrocade last night. Just a pretty cool Space Invaders clone. If you don't care about Space Invaders it won't change your mind, but the Astrocade had some very nice graphics and sound capabilities for its time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3sAcRRKCbo
Not much at the moment trying to get through the slug of a game Fallout IV

I have been watching YT stuff and listening to narrated horror stories on YT

Most gaming is on hiatus while I catch up on LOST SLEEP!
Right now I'm playing Planescape: Torment, Cuphead and ADOM.
Exiled Kingdoms. Never thought I'd say I like a phone game port, but it's quite enjoyable. Could use a little polish, but it'll scratch the fantasy itch and get me away from trucking sims (for now).
I started playing Fable Fortune last night. It's the new Free-to-Play card game set in the Fable series of games, though made by a different developer, and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, for the most part. It just came out of early access on Steam so there's still a few things that could be improved, like the tutorial not teaching you everything about the game and some balances should be made (like the 10 Gold cost card that literally kills you if you don't have an answer for it right away. Such a badly designed card), but so far it seems like a mostly fair (and rather generous) F2P card game. And it's got the same sense of humour the original series had, so I get a nice chuckle every now and again. It's also got a Co-op mode which is pretty neat. It's a nice game and I hope the devs are able to find a good balance with the game where their card designs keeps the gameplay fun and fair.
Post edited February 28, 2018 by Krimzon14
I started playing Anachronox last night. The last time I played it was a few years ago and I was most of the way through the game when my hard drive died and I lost my progress. So hopefully I can finally finish it this time.
Dark Forces 2
It goes into windowed mode for menus and cutscenes and it sometimes freezes between missions (windows 10) but besides that, pretty impressed with this one!
Post edited February 28, 2018 by ResidentLeever