It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With Kickstarter beta access on GOG.com!

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is becoming one of the biggest, most successful Kickstarter campaigns in history.

Straight from the under the watchful eye of Koji Igarashi, one of the godfathers of the genre, comes the newest exploration-focused, side scrolling platformer with RPG and crafting elements. In short, it's shaping up to be the biggest Metroidvania release in recent memory - already surpassing its original Kickstarter goal by sixfold. As of right now that is.

We're huge fans of IGA and Castlevania, so when we heard that Koji Igarashi was returning to the genre we knew we wanted to work with the team to play our part in getting this amazing spiritual successor out there, completely DRM-free, with our signature kind of customer love.

That's why we're excited to announce that we'll be supporting the upcoming release with DRM-free versions to all Kickstarter backers of the game pledging $28 or more!

Everyone who backs the project at the $60 tier (or higher) will receive not only a DRM-free digital copy of the game, but also exclusive backer-only content and access to the beta, all right here on GOG.com.

You can make your pledge over on Kickstarter, and stay tuned for future backer updates with more details on how to get started with your access to the beta.
Post edited May 02, 2019 by Ashleee
Starmaker: Regarding Bloodstained, I mostly blame GOG as I backed the game because of the promo here. They should've negotiated better terms.
It's true that both GOG and the devs represented the deal as allowing digital-tier backers to be able to get all of their rewards here. At the very least I would say that's grounds for a refund.
Starmaker: Regarding Bloodstained, I mostly blame GOG as I backed the game because of the promo here. They should've negotiated better terms.
I'm more inclined to blame Iga/505 Games for not specifying that the retro side game must be released on the same platforms as the main game when they partnered and contracted with ArtPlay/Inti Creates.

It was ultimately their responsibility to preserve backer interests as they executed the project.

Perhaps something good could come out of this situation: If 505 Games is faithful to the backers and able to convince ArtPlay/Inti Creates to arrange a GOG release of Curse of the Moon, then having established a working relationship, ArtPlay/Inti Creates might consider offering their other games on GOG.

Hopeless optimism? Probably. Many of us backers have made our disappointment known via comments, posts, emails, etc - but the DRM-free crowd is likely a small portion of PC backers and a smaller portion of total backers. 505 Games might more-or-less ignore us, considering the damage to their reputation unfortunate but minimal.
I'd be fine with waiting a little longer for a GOG release of the mini game, as I'd prefer that over having to get steam to play it.
I was asked to repost this, specifically in this thread.

BS Official Statement from Inti Creates:

We at Inti Creates do not make the games we sell available without copy protection in place.

We do this because we go to great lengths and spend a lot of time and money to release our games on platforms with copy protections in place.

We respect the intentions of these platforms to prevent piracy, and we feel the same way ourselves.

Therefore, we do not sell our games in ways that can adversely effect the product by limiting sales opportunities due to lack of copy protection.
EnforcerSunWoo: I was asked to repost this, specifically in this thread.

We at Inti Creates do not make the games we sell available without copy protection in place.

We do this because we go to great lengths and spend a lot of time and money to release our games on platforms with copy protections in place.

We respect the intentions of these platforms to prevent piracy, and we feel the same way ourselves.

Therefore, we do not sell our games in ways that can adversely effect the product by limiting sales opportunities due to lack of copy protection.
Yikes. That is a really ugly PR statement -- linking DRM-free storefronts with piracy. I love Inti Creates' games, but that is some messed up logic.

Looks like I'll have to look elsewhere, then, for the promised full DRM free experience.
The link in the OP still clearly states that the game will be available for GOG.

It seems to me that anyone who donated to the kickstarter has a rock solid case for getting their money back.

Get a screen shot, send it to them, demand a refund.
tinyE: The link in the OP still clearly states that the game will be available for GOG.

It seems to me that anyone who donated to the kickstarter has a rock solid case for getting their money back.

Get a screen shot, send it to them, demand a refund.
The main game "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night", yes, that will be available for GOG. But the page is expressively vague about the "Free 2D, pixel-based, retro-styled prequel mini-game for PC/XB1/PS4/Wii-U/PS Vita/3DS for all $28+ tiers". Even though even that is all but accurate, given as "Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon" is developed as a side story instead of a prequel, and is no longer intended for the Wii-U.

Today is the last day for slacker backer for Bloodstained: Rituals of the Night. I was planning to go ahead and support the if they got this issue resolved satisfactorily. Seeing as they didn't I'll be passing on backing it. As much as I love igavanias this would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

tremere110: Today is the last day for slacker backer for Bloodstained: Rituals of the Night. I was planning to go ahead and support the if they got this issue resolved satisfactorily. Seeing as they didn't I'll be passing on backing it. As much as I love igavanias this would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Slacker backer ended a couple of days ago, today was the last day you could change your options for which version of the game you wanted.
I'm surprised GOG hasn't edited that opening post. :P

Maybe they're trying to sweet talk Inti behind the scenes.
Backing Bloodstained is a mistake. inti creates is not ethical and they lied to all the backers. 505 games and artplay are not better, since they are very dodgy on this issue and turn a blind eye on what happened to cotm. I will never support Iga again, they are not better than the corps,( EA ubisoft etc)
DSLevantine: Backing Bloodstained is a mistake. inti creates is not ethical and they lied to all the backers. 505 games and artplay are not better, since they are very dodgy on this issue and turn a blind eye on what happened to cotm. I will never support Iga again, they are not better than the corps,( EA ubisoft etc)
You make it sound like they're about to shove lootboxes down our throat.

It's really not that bad, but them outlining to Inti Creates that it was supposed to be available to GOG players before they sold them the right to make the spinoff would have been nice.

I got stuck with the Steam code, as well,but I'll likely not use it, or gift it to a friend, and wait till the whole debacle is solved and it pops up on GOG, anyway. We can only hope.
DSLevantine: Backing Bloodstained is a mistake. inti creates is not ethical and they lied to all the backers. 505 games and artplay are not better, since they are very dodgy on this issue and turn a blind eye on what happened to cotm. I will never support Iga again, they are not better than the corps,( EA ubisoft etc)
MegisED: You make it sound like they're about to shove lootboxes down our throat.

It's really not that bad, but them outlining to Inti Creates that it was supposed to be available to GOG players before they sold them the right to make the spinoff would have been nice.

I got stuck with the Steam code, as well,but I'll likely not use it, or gift it to a friend, and wait till the whole debacle is solved and it pops up on GOG, anyway. We can only hope.
DRM is bad enough. Silent is not gold, Iga didn't make any announcement on this issue to cut ties with Inti Creates, he is part of the prolem and shares the blame.
deleted