It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Hey all!

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about, but that's besides the point. All that matters is that there are still companies like CDPR who care about games they make (or at least they pretend like they care), and that's a really encouraging fact that gives me hope for the future of games.

The problem is that I am not interested in Cyberpunk 2077. Simply because I don't like cyber punk genre at all. For whatever reason I find it so boring and "unimaginative" (couldn't think of a better word). I would even say that this is THE ONLY genre that comes to my mind that I really hate. That's pretty strange given that I like steam punk and I'd say that it's relatively close to what cyber punk is at it's core.

And here is my dilemma: CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 must succeed. Simply because they deserve it. Yet I don't feel any interest in the game and I don't feel any hype at all. And that makes me feel bad, because I will probably pass on this most likely best game of 2019 (or whenever it comes out)...

Anyone feels the same way? -.-
You do you, I'll just enjoy the game when it comes out. :)
Well I care not about Sci-Fi genre in general, so I can hear you plea for Cyberpunk, but not wanting to support that game is OK.
I won't buy Cyperpunk 2077
BeatriceElysia: Well I care not about Sci-Fi genre in general, so I can hear you plea for Cyberpunk, but not wanting to support that game is OK.
I won't buy Cyperpunk 2077
That's the thing... :) I want to support this particular game becaue reasons, yet I don't really care about it at slightest. If that makes any sense.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by Kajori
I don't like"punk" themes but i'm good at overlooking smaller things and focus on what's good so if the game is great then i'm sure i will have fun for a long time with the game and it does interest me regardless.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
I am not a big fan of CD Project RED (and I want to double down on "red") and their crunch time, not very dissimilar to Rockstar.
Their games are quality ones, of course, and I would shamelessly lie if I said I didn't enjoy them... but what is the price for that kidn of quality? I'm not sure I want to help in keeping "the wheel" (quote) going.
high rated
Not everyone has to like everything. I know, it is almost a shocking concept these days, but that's the way it goes.
Kajori: Hey all!

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about, but that's besides the point.
I have no idea what you 're talking about.
Kajori: Anyone feels the same way? -.-
I personally feel really tired about "boycotting" or "encouraging to buy" some game because developers did this or done that or someone deserves something.

I think that people shold buy games that they want to play and don't buy games that they don't. Everything else doesn't matter.
You don't have to buy every big release, nor should you feel bad if you don't. There's plenty of past games you could spend your time/money on.

Not everything is for everyone *points towards to fun period of multiple articles decrying the lack of easy mode for Dark Souls 3*
I want to play it, but I can´t afford a new quantum computer :(
Maybe it has a retro pixel mode?
tomimt: Not everyone has to like everything. I know, it is almost a shocking concept these days, but that's the way it goes.
True. :)
LootHunter: I personally feel really tired about "boycotting" or "encouraging to buy" some game because developers did this or done that or someone deserves something.

I think that people shold buy games that they want to play and don't buy games that they don't. Everything else doesn't matter.
Once again, true...

Oddeus: I want to play it, but I can´t afford a new quantum computer :(
Maybe it has a retro pixel mode?
Don't worry man. For the most part best games have already been released and they don't require quantum computer to play them. Source: I built myself a killer rig, yet I mostly play older games.
Yes, and that is despite the fact that I actually love Cyberpunk. But what they showed was kinda meh and especially the characters cursing like 13-year-olds really put me off.
Buy it and give it as a gift?

Or you could try it out and perhaps enjoy it.

I find steampunk to be immensely boring, but I quite enjoyed Dishonoured. I find zombies to be overused and boring, but I enjoyed The Walking Dead.

You might be pleasantly surprised.

Or you could give it to me!
Not my case. I liked the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, and like cyberpunk games like Deus Ex, or cyberpunk settings in general (i.e. Blade Runner...).
I should start saving money for CP2077 ASAP.