It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kajori: Anyone feels the same way? -.-
I love the royal crap out of the Cyberpunk genre, and I won't buy it because I can do First person in 10 minute increments max. and even when for some reason, it kind of works, it feels like a tedious way of walking to me.
Kajori: Anyone feels the same way? -.-
Not really. I want the game to succeed simply because it means we may get more great games from CDPR. I personally love a lot of things about the cyberpunk genre and would definitely have jumped on this game on release, except for one thing: First Person POV. I hate it. No third person POV absolutely killed any interest I had in the game. Too bad for me, but that`s life. Maybe their next game will be something I want,and I`ll buy that. This one isn`t so I won`t buy it. And I don`t feel bad about that, as that`s just the way the turkey tumbles
I am more a Fantasy player than a Sci-Fi one, and the FPS only approach leaves me cold... I won't preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for sure, but the Witcher 3 was good to great so i am curious how it will be.
Kajori: The problem is that I am not interested in Cyberpunk 2077. Simply because I don't like cyber punk genre at all. For whatever reason I find it so boring and "unimaginative" (couldn't think of a better word).
As far as games go, cyberpunk isn't a "genre", but a setting. The genre is (action)-RPG I believe, and the setting is some futuristic scifi-world with electronic augmentations or whatnot, which I guess is what cyberpunk is about?

I don't know that much about cyberpunk overall. I know there was some pothead wrote some cyberpunk book in the 70s or something like that and I've seen the cyberpunk movie with Keanu Reeves in it (I am not talking about the Matrix movies but the movie where Keanu was storing some sensitive data in his brains for money). I find it odd though you consider it "unimaginative", as I could think of far more unimaginative settings in movies and games, like western, world war 2, swords and sorcery, post-apocalyptic, Vietnam etc.

Anyway, there are no settings in games in really hate, so yeah I will play western games too if people say it is a good game. Maybe a "feminist game" would be something that I'd have to think about a few times whether I'd really want to play it, or overly political games overall which are trying to push some agenda on me.
timppu: .... I know there was some pothead wrote some cyberpunk book in the 70s or something like that and I've seen the cyberpunk movie with Keanu Reeves in it (I am not talking about the Matrix movies but the movie where Keanu was storing some sensitive data in his brains for money).
I believe it was Johnny Mnemonic. I've played the first two Deus Ex and enjoyed it. If Cyberpunk 2077 is going to as good than it will be a no brainer. Maybe not immediately but surely I'll play it when I can.
I'll take a very polished sci-fi/cybperpunk game over yet another fantasy one any day of the week. That's why I'm much more excited about CP2077 than I ever was about the Witcher games. Sure, the latter are fun for what they are but I hardly would call them my favorite games ever. *shrug*
Mr.Mumbles: I'll take a very polished sci-fi/cybperpunk game over yet another fantasy one any day of the week.
I kind of agree, but the charm of Sapkovski's Witcher universe is that it's not the standard run-of-the-mill fantasy world.
Hell, you can be sure I'll preorder the "royal-deluxe-uber-ultimate-useless-bonus-laden version" the very second the preorders will be open here. That's how much I'm waiting for that game.

And I already know with CD Projekt Red that if they have a bumpy release (bugs, missing features, etc...), they will make up for it later like they did with the Witcher series.

CD Projekt Red is about the only company I preorder from, these days.

(plus, I'm so happy there won't be a mandatory 3rd person view!!)
Kajori: My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about
No.

But for the rest of your post, yes, I've often felt that way. Not about Cyberpunk (I don't dislike this universe, the Shadowrun games were really great and don't get me started on Deus Ex). But there has been many games that inspired sympathy from me, even though I had no interest for their setting or gameplay. And I do sense the urge to support them. In particular when they're under fire for unjust reasons (gamergater rage, pixel art, genre originality, etc).

But I never buy a game just for the sake of support. I don't have enough money for patronage. The mere effect it has is to tilt the buying decision when it's already on the fence, or to increase the price threshold from which I consider buying when I would have considered it otherwise too expensive. But I don't just throw money at games I would not play, even if I hope the game -and company- does well. It's as if I spotted a very fun friendly and ethical guitar shop, I won't enter it, drop money on the counter and leave, and, as a non-player, I won't buy guitar strings there for no reason. I don't feel guilty about it. I'll just be hoping for their best.

And, independantly from sympathy, I've passed games that are considered as absolute classics, simply because I don't do consoles or because I don't like the toddlers-on-map designs of JRPGs. I don't mind that either. There is great quality stuff that is not made for me (wines, classical music, cathedrals, artistic skating, abstract paintings, I get how great they can be but they're not domains that thrill me). I agree they deserve to be appreciated, but I can't do it myself, so I'm just happy that others do.

In an ideal world, I could "participate", as a public and as a consumer, in everything worthy of experience and support. I don't have the means and tastes for that. No big deal. Let us split the work.
Post edited January 13, 2019 by Telika
Vainamoinen: I won't buy it because I can do First person in 10 minute increments max. and even when for some reason, it kind of works, it feels like a tedious way of walking to me.
That's weird. I spend most of my days doing it.
low rated
Telika: That's weird. I spend most of my days doing it.
Yeah, I get it, because the First Person perspective supposedly simulates what we see in the "real world". Unfortunately, my eyes pierce right through that illusion.
BeatriceElysia: Well I care not about Sci-Fi genre in general, so I can hear you plea for Cyberpunk, but not wanting to support that game is OK.
I won't buy Cyperpunk 2077
Kajori: That's the thing... :) I want to support this particular game becaue reasons, yet I don't really care about it at slightest. If that makes any sense.
The answer to this is easy cause there are other ways for you to support them and get things you like since GoG revenues go straight to cdpr. Just buy games you like here. You get something you actually want and you support the developer you want to support. It’s a win/win.

Of course there are other ways to support them. You could buy the game as a gift for someone who would like it.
Kajori: Hey all!

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about, but that's besides the point. All that matters is that there are still companies like CDPR who care about games they make (or at least they pretend like they care), and that's a really encouraging fact that gives me hope for the future of games.

The problem is that I am not interested in Cyberpunk 2077. Simply because I don't like cyber punk genre at all. For whatever reason I find it so boring and "unimaginative" (couldn't think of a better word). I would even say that this is THE ONLY genre that comes to my mind that I really hate. That's pretty strange given that I like steam punk and I'd say that it's relatively close to what cyber punk is at it's core.

And here is my dilemma: CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 must succeed. Simply because they deserve it. Yet I don't feel any interest in the game and I don't feel any hype at all. And that makes me feel bad, because I will probably pass on this most likely best game of 2019 (or whenever it comes out)...

Anyone feels the same way? -.-
Uh huh...
Attachments:
ylb.jpg (35 Kb)
low rated
K.
BeatriceElysia: Well I care not about Sci-Fi genre in general, so I can hear you plea for Cyberpunk, but not wanting to support that game is OK.
I won't buy Cyperpunk 2077
Kajori: That's the thing... :) I want to support this particular game becaue reasons, yet I don't really care about it at slightest. If that makes any sense.
Then just buy it as a gift for someone who will enjoy it. Problem solved.