It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From the trailers and images we've seen, the game doesn't even look Cyberpunk, it looks like GTAV or Watch Dogs but with futuristic weapons, it doesn't have any of the feel and atmosphere that say Blade Runner does.
Crosmando: From the trailers and images we've seen, the game doesn't even look Cyberpunk
Nah! Besides all those, you know, cybernetic augmentations shown and people getting hacked. Not cyberpunk at all! No siree!
Post edited April 24, 2019 by Mr.Mumbles
I think it's refreshing that they are creating a cyberpunk world that ignores the biggest trope of the genre (always rainy night). Not that I mind the Blade Runner atmosphere, but I am sure people of the future will enjoy the shining sun.
Kajori: Hey all!

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about,
I don't.
Crosmando: From the trailers and images we've seen, the game doesn't even look Cyberpunk, it looks like GTAV or Watch Dogs but with futuristic weapons, it doesn't have any of the feel and atmosphere that say Blade Runner does.
Well at least you know the story won't be a ripoff of something from a gangster movie like GTA. In terms of a good original story in a modern day sandbox Yakuza has been the only one trustworthy.
I don't know what Cyberpunk 2077 is like and what it gets right and wrong about the subgenre because I haven't played it.
Crosmando: From the trailers and images we've seen, the game doesn't even look Cyberpunk, it looks like GTAV or Watch Dogs but with futuristic weapons, it doesn't have any of the feel and atmosphere that say Blade Runner does.
We've only seen the some gameplay in the day, however, the real surprise will come when we eventually will see the game during night (the game will feature a day/night cycle), but that won't be before E3, or when the game's already been released.
Post edited April 24, 2019 by sanscript

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about, but that's besides the point. All that matters is that there are still companies like CDPR who care about games they make (or at least they pretend like they care), and that's a really encouraging fact that gives me hope for the future of games.

The problem is that I am not interested in Cyberpunk 2077. Simply because I don't like cyber punk genre at all. For whatever reason I find it so boring and "unimaginative" (couldn't think of a better word). I would even say that this is THE ONLY genre that comes to my mind that I really hate. That's pretty strange given that I like steam punk and I'd say that it's relatively close to what cyber punk is at it's core.

And here is my dilemma: CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 must succeed. Simply because they deserve it. Yet I don't feel any interest in the game and I don't feel any hype at all. And that makes me feel bad, because I will probably pass on this most likely best game of 2019 (or whenever it comes out)...

Anyone feels the same way? -.-
Hey Kajori, i can kinda understand if someone is really driven off by a genre, but have you considered
to dive in the source material a bit. I mean the CP2020 PnP Lore.

I can recommend Madqueen Show for Lore videos on that, she did quite a good job explaining what
this is about. And i am kinda curious, did you enjoy the Witcher Games? If yes i would kinda doubt
you wouldn t enjoy CP2077, setting or not.

But hey that is just a suggestion, so you might get a better picture of what CP2077 will be about.

Besides that CP2077 will not be SCI FI, unfortunatly as i see it in my point of life now.
Cyberpunk is pretty much close to what we might have in the real world soon enough.

Low Life but High Tech, some pretty fucked up shit alongside your lifeway, style over substance.

Unless CDPR decides to dive into some unecessary "worcantraps" (like we have already seen with other games)
i am pretty sure we re in for quite the game (keep the hype low here ^^ or at least i try).
Sometimes some people don't like certain games that come out, big deal. Gaming has so many options for that special person that only wants that one thing that drives them. I love platformers more than ever and I know I have options.
Crosmando: From the trailers and images we've seen, the game doesn't even look Cyberpunk
Mr.Mumbles: Nah! Besides all those, you know, cybernetic augmentations shown and people getting hacked. Not cyberpunk at all! No siree!
while I do not disagree, there is more to it than implants and hacking, which just makes it sci-fi. To be lazy and copy-pasta wikipedia:

"Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of lowlife and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order"
Breja: I have to say, I don't quite get this. I think people get strangely invested in companies these days. They want some of them to succeed or to fail on principal, get very emotional about it and they buy (or boycott) stuff just because a certain company makes it, rather than approach a particular product simply on it's own merits and their personal need for it/interest in it. I can understand being disappointed that a developer you know makes good games makes one you have no interest in, but feel I can't imagine feeling any sort of guilt over not being interested in a game.

As for the cyberpunk genre itself, I find calling it "unimaginative" rather bizzare, and I'm nto really sure how to understand it in the context of a genre that certainly does not lack for interesting and unique ideas. And like many genres, cyberpunk is not one, strictly defined kind of story, aesthetic or setting. TRON is cyberpunk, just as is Blade Runner or Thirteenth Floor or Shadowrun, and yet they alle differ vastly between each other in style, tone and setting. So to just reject "cyberpunk" en masse seems somewhat odd. But, of course, to each his own.
Some people(imo) don't like certain company practices(game/otherwise), so they show it by not buying their products(or buying them used/at a discount). This includes things like game companies that use intrusive DRM(see: limited installs/game breaking DRM bugs/always online req. for SP modes/etc), companies that nickle-and-dime people with cosmetic DLCs, corps that push stuff like loot boxes, etc.

(Other company stuff that people might/do boycott includes the Chick-Fil-A debacle, and more recently Gillette)

Do boycotts work? Usually not, because other "less principled"(though not necessarily bad) people will buy such things regardless(in most cases), which renders such boycott attempts moot. They still stick by their guns, though, so I give them props for that.
Nobody should ever feel obligated to buy games they're not interested in. If you really want to give CDPR money, feel free to gift the game to someone / do a giveaway/etc.

GHOSTMD: Besides that CP2077 will not be SCI FI, unfortunatly as i see it in my point of life now.
Cyberpunk is pretty much close to what we might have in the real world soon enough.
Cyberpunk is very much sci-fi. Whether it's technology 2 years or 20 years or 200 years ahead of our current tech level, it is still sci-fi. The very theme of how changes in technology could affect society is the core of true sci-fi.
Post edited April 24, 2019 by kalirion
rtcvb32: I'm not really big on Cyberpunk (as such i haven't touched the new Shadowrun game, nor the hongkong DLC/expansion), though i certainly do like the concept of the game if i had a group.

So... I'll say this.

If it's good, i'll get/play it (though probably after it's confirmed, and not day one, and certainly after the price gets down to $20 or so). But this depends on if i can get in the mood for it.
On Shadowrun: The game(even with the cyberpunk setting) is loads of fun.....multiple ways to play many areas/missions, the dialog skills options(leading to custom/unique dialog/outcomes for some dialog/events), etc. It's pretty fun and a good play option, even if you're not into the genre(imho).

kalirion: The thing about Cyberpunk that doesn't appeal to me is that it seems to be another one of these open world sandbox games which I'm not a big fan of. I prefer my action games to be linear with exploration rather than the MMO style of "drops you into open world, now take quests and follow quest markers."
With my OCD/completion mental issues I HAVE to complete things 100% or near to it on the 1st playthrough. As such, games like this/Fallout 3/4/etc are hard on my psyche. :\

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about, but that's besides the point. All that matters is that there are still companies like CDPR who care about games they make (or at least they pretend like they care), and that's a really encouraging fact that gives me hope for the future of games.

The problem is that I am not interested in Cyberpunk 2077. Simply because I don't like cyber punk genre at all. For whatever reason I find it so boring and "unimaginative" (couldn't think of a better word). I would even say that this is THE ONLY genre that comes to my mind that I really hate. That's pretty strange given that I like steam punk and I'd say that it's relatively close to what cyber punk is at it's core.

And here is my dilemma: CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 must succeed. Simply because they deserve it. Yet I don't feel any interest in the game and I don't feel any hype at all. And that makes me feel bad, because I will probably pass on this most likely best game of 2019 (or whenever it comes out)...

Anyone feels the same way? -.-
Sarang: Read "Neuromancer" and "The Girl Who Was Plugged In". The former especially created all of the nomenclature you are familiar with in Cyberpunk and is the exemplar of the genre. I mean by this that even if you don't like most of what typifies Cyberpunk you'll likely like this.
Neuromancer...now there's an awesome classic gaming gem(the net hack parts, the irl parts, the organ selling...all fun)
Post edited April 24, 2019 by GameRager
It's fine to not want to buy a game, don't worry about.

There's plenty of games from decades gone by, and new stuff every day. Don't feel bad, they're just selling a product.
GameRager: On Shadowrun: The game(even with the cyberpunk setting) is loads of fun.....multiple ways to play many areas/missions, the dialog skills options(leading to custom/unique dialog/outcomes for some dialog/events), etc. It's pretty fun and a good play option, even if you're not into the genre(imho).
I have the Returns & Dragonfall, haven't gotten around to starting it. But they do look quite good. Some of the good games to actually successfully come from on Kickstarter.