It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kajori: .
Anyone feels the same way? -.-
Nope; too disappointed for them scrapping the 3rd person option to feel bad for not supporting it.
A true First World problem...

Just buy it for as a gift for someone who is interested. "Problem" solved.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by Nalkoden
What's the point in feeling bad? It doesn't make a difference to them. If you don't like the look of it, don't buy it and forget about it. Nuff said.
Give as many away as gifts as you can afford. But really, you do you, mate.
Enebias: I am not a big fan of CD Project RED (and I want to double down on "red") and their crunch time, not very dissimilar to Rockstar.
Their games are quality ones, of course, and I would shamelessly lie if I said I didn't enjoy them... but what is the price for that kidn of quality? I'm not sure I want to help in keeping "the wheel" (quote) going.
That's what I like about Beamdog. I don't like a lot about them, but they ethically create their games. They got lots of other problems, but they are trying to reverse course in this family-destroying business.
Scifi is my fsvorite setting type, even if I prefer space to cyberrpunk, so I'm definitely getting Cyberpunk 2077
I'm not interested in it for two reasons:

1.) my laptop can't run it anyway.
2.) its gameplay seemed like shit in the one video I saw.

I don't need a pseudo-mature, "cinematic" experience with bad shooting mechanics and pointless gimmicks...rpgs (it's supposed to be an rpg, isn't it?) need good systems and meaningful choices. I very much doubt Cyberpunkt 2077 will have those.
I have to say, I don't quite get this. I think people get strangely invested in companies these days. They want some of them to succeed or to fail on principal, get very emotional about it and they buy (or boycott) stuff just because a certain company makes it, rather than approach a particular product simply on it's own merits and their personal need for it/interest in it. I can understand being disappointed that a developer you know makes good games makes one you have no interest in, but feel I can't imagine feeling any sort of guilt over not being interested in a game.

As for the cyberpunk genre itself, I find calling it "unimaginative" rather bizzare, and I'm nto really sure how to understand it in the context of a genre that certainly does not lack for interesting and unique ideas. And like many genres, cyberpunk is not one, strictly defined kind of story, aesthetic or setting. TRON is cyberpunk, just as is Blade Runner or Thirteenth Floor or Shadowrun, and yet they alle differ vastly between each other in style, tone and setting. So to just reject "cyberpunk" en masse seems somewhat odd. But, of course, to each his own.
I'm not really big on Cyberpunk (as such i haven't touched the new Shadowrun game, nor the hongkong DLC/expansion), though i certainly do like the concept of the game if i had a group.

So... I'll say this.

If it's good, i'll get/play it (though probably after it's confirmed, and not day one, and certainly after the price gets down to $20 or so). But this depends on if i can get in the mood for it.
The thing about Cyberpunk that doesn't appeal to me is that it seems to be another one of these open world sandbox games which I'm not a big fan of. I prefer my action games to be linear with exploration rather than the MMO style of "drops you into open world, now take quests and follow quest markers."
I'm ready to go balls deep in this game when it releases.
The game seems like it could be fun, but I don't expect I will have a computer able to play it in a long while. (My current one struggles with Skyrim–or at least it did back when it could run such fancy games without overheating).
high rated
It kind of seems to me that CDPR is the new Origin - you know, when Origin was a real company with the motto "We create worlds" and actually delivered - Ultima, Wing Commander, Bioforge, Crusader, CyberMage...

Not all of their games were perfect, but they were all made with love, dedication and a vision.

Not many companies like that around anymore.
+1 to the 'want to play it, but can't run it' club.
I'll probably watch it a bit, add it to my wishlist, and forget about it.

Also have so many games untouched anyways.
Kajori: Hey all!

So... 2018 was an "interesting" year for gaming. My personal bs meter is officially broken at this point. You all know what I am talking about, but that's besides the point. All that matters is that there are still companies like CDPR who care about games they make (or at least they pretend like they care), and that's a really encouraging fact that gives me hope for the future of games.

The problem is that I am not interested in Cyberpunk 2077. Simply because I don't like cyber punk genre at all. For whatever reason I find it so boring and "unimaginative" (couldn't think of a better word). I would even say that this is THE ONLY genre that comes to my mind that I really hate. That's pretty strange given that I like steam punk and I'd say that it's relatively close to what cyber punk is at it's core.

And here is my dilemma: CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 must succeed. Simply because they deserve it. Yet I don't feel any interest in the game and I don't feel any hype at all. And that makes me feel bad, because I will probably pass on this most likely best game of 2019 (or whenever it comes out)...

Anyone feels the same way? -.-
Read "Neuromancer" and "The Girl Who Was Plugged In". The former especially created all of the nomenclature you are familiar with in Cyberpunk and is the exemplar of the genre. I mean by this that even if you don't like most of what typifies Cyberpunk you'll likely like this.
Post edited January 13, 2019 by Sarang