It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SIMULACRA is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until April 30th, 1pm UTC.

You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It's up to you to piece it together.

Recover lost files, piece back corrupted data, and retrace her final steps. Find her before it's too late.
I'm frankly amused by how many people yell about this game being for Millenials, stupid mobile game or no game at all...

while NOBODY exclaims that this is in fact a STALKING simulator, where you need to go through someone else's personal stuff :D I guess nobody cares as long as it's changed from portrait view to panorama and gets better, non-mobile graphics ;)

I personally am intriqued by this, and the price is really low...
low rated
MarkoH01: what I mean is that the one thing coming here does not necessarily have to do anything with another thing not arriving here.
fronzelneekburm: Oh, but it does. Because the same """""curators""""" who think a horror-themed phone simulator is a perfect fit are the same """""curators""""" that refused two fine-looking upcoming oldskool point-n-clicks (Guard Duty and Detective Di) for being - YOU GUESSED IT! - too niche.
fronzelneekburm: Look, I get that people like themselves their VNs, their hidden object games and their horror-themed phone simulators. I don't mind. And I get that gog like themselves the mad cash that these products (presumably) bring in. But variety is the spice of life, so it would be nice if the """""curators""""" would accept some games that are more in line with the stuff they used lure their original audience here in the first place.
I'm much more surprised by the fact that some GOG users consider Steam a "dump" mostly because of games like SIMULACRA or Project Warlock, but when the "trash" from this "dump" appears on GOG, they start to praise and defend it by downvoting.

Double standards.

Oh, and don't forget to take a look at the list of rejected games from this topic:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_gogcom_has_turned_down

EDIT:

>low rated

Q.E.D.
Post edited April 25, 2019 by OHMYGODJCABOMB
I had my husband play through it last night and he rather enjoyed it too. It's a good piece of condensed interactive fiction/light point-and-click moments, a couple puzzles, and a really good horror-lite narrative. The story really pulls you in [despite a few bad lines and a little incongruent voice-acting].
i like games like this, a different experience from the usual grind, click fest, battle games full of cliche char, roles and game mechanics. for 3 bucks im up for a few hours of snooping, fmv-ish sleuthing. each their own and enjoy what you like
fronzelneekburm: Look, I get that people like themselves their VNs, their hidden object games and their horror-themed phone simulators. I don't mind. And I get that gog like themselves the mad cash that these products (presumably) bring in. But variety is the spice of life, so it would be nice if the """""curators""""" would accept some games that are more in line with the stuff they used lure their original audience here in the first place.
I wonder when exactly some people will realize that "curation" is and always will be completely subjective. Is it fair? No, but it is the way curation is working.

"Why didn't they accept this great RPG?" "
"This is a great looking game - why was it rejected?"
"I have been waiting for THIS game since years and GOG rejected it?"
"Why did they reject those point and click games?"
"Why did they accept this VN and this phone simulator?"

I cannot answer you those questions but I can tell you that nearly everytime GOG accepts a game many people are posting how glad they are that they did. So how can we say that their decision was wrong? They rejected those adventure games you mentioned but they just accepted "Whispers of a Machine" which is afaik a retro point and click adventure - so there you have somthing for you needs as well. Yes, the Opus Magnum case was a strange one because not only has it been successful already, the devs wanted to be here, they are already here and a big part of the community begged GOG to get it here ... but in all other cases - imo it is a 50/50 chance if the game will be rejected or not. Also we still don't know anything about what's going on behind the scenes so who are we to decide if their decision was reasonable or not? I am pretty sure we don't even know the complete story. Again, I agree that GOG could be much more transparent in giving us reasons ... well, I think GOG could finally START to really talk to us ... but this is a store and a business and - no matter if we like it or not - it is not OUR store and it is not OUR decision to make.

Also, it is not the case that we only get VNs or HOG or Phone Sims (actually this is the first one of the latter) - just make a list with everything GOG is releasing during a few weeks and tell me if tere is no variety in it.

Last but not least: If they had rejected this they still would not have to accept the two games you mentioned. I tell it again - those two things are independent. GOG is able to accept and reject whatever they want if we want it or not. They don't have to follow rules they try to follow demands - that's the way the market is working.

Kunovski: while NOBODY exclaims that this is in fact a STALKING simulator, where you need to go through someone else's personal stuff :D I guess nobody cares as long as it's changed from portrait view to panorama and gets better, non-mobile graphics ;)
You are not completely wrong. When I played it actually felt a bit like stalking - but then again, you are not doing it for the sake of it or your own benefit, you are trying to help the woman.
Post edited April 24, 2019 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I wonder when exactly some people will realize that "curation" is and always will be completely subjective.
Sure, it's subjective. But that doesn't mean you can't citizise it. Quite the contrary. And, boy, is there a lot to critizise here...

MarkoH01: Yes, the Opus Magnum case was a strange one because not only has it been successful already, the devs wanted to be here, they are already here and a big part of the community begged GOG to get it here ...
That's not what set Opus Magnum apart from other nichejections, though... gog habitually rejects games that have been successful already and that the devs and a big part of the community want here.

The thing that set Opus Magnum apart is that it was the one time that the gaming press decided to join in calling out and mocking gog for their dumbass decisions. I'm fairly convinced that if places like Kotaku or PC Gamer hadn't picked up the story, gog wouldn't have walked back on their decision on Opus Magnum either. You can count on that.

MarkoH01: GOG could be much more transparent in giving us reasons
That's putting it mildly. More importantly, they might want to improve on their correspondence with developers a bit. It's baffling to see they're still sending out the same "too niche" form email to every dev that gets shitcanned and then going into radio silence when asked to elaborate.
MarkoH01: I wonder when exactly some people will realize that "curation" is and always will be completely subjective.
fronzelneekburm: Sure, it's subjective. But that doesn't mean you can't citizise it. Quite the contrary. And, boy, is there a lot to critizise here...
And that is the one thing I fail to understand. IF it is subjective how can anything be exactly right or wrong for everybody? YOU disagree - and maybe many others as well, but that does not make it right or wrong in the end - we are simply talking about different opinions here. Maybe I would reject several other games and accept those other would reject if it were up to me. If we want to criticise the curation system I think all we can critizise is the missing transparency (I highly doubt that GOG rejected all those games simply because they were "too niche" - I rather think they had several reasons but for reasons we don#t know they just tell devs "too niche". Like a standard reply. Then again it#s not mandatory for GOG to tell us any reasons for anything they are doing. This is a store and we are the customers. We can simply decide to not buy if we disagree on any decision but other than that we probably won't chnage a thing.
Fairfox: bought

if only because there were so many pathetic early responses
lolz
no better advertisement than angry old people :D
low rated

Post edited April 27, 2019 by Fairfox
low rated
Fairfox: bought

if only because there were so many pathetic early responses
lolz
kotcore: no better advertisement than angry old people :D
Yeah because you're only 5!
MarkoH01:
Couldn't have said it better myself. People should remember that a game release is a lot of work, and GOG is not a lot of people. Unlike Steam, who are printing money (although they don't seem to put too much work in, in return…) GOG staff is spread thin and needs to be careful.

Having to pick and choose which games they can or can't afford to release, of course there will be people not interested in some releases, and people missing others. Commenters are insinuating that GOG customers are this homogenous group with matching tastes, but of course that's not true. And don't get me started on that insinuation that GOG doesn't cater to old-school RPG and point and click fans. That's based on a very selective perception of the new releases. I'm more inclined to think that GOG reject some RPGs and adventure games in order to not become too monothematic.

Speaking for myself, I'm a millennial (*1985) and I'd rather try this game than the 351st procedurally generated, rogue-like, suparrr hard old-school RPG hommage. Sure there's good games in that genre too, but at some point I'm also looking for something else again (and honestly, if I feel like old-school CRPG-ing, I'd rather play an actual old-school CRPG, of which we also have a huge selection on here).
Post edited April 25, 2019 by Anamon
Reynard_Muldrake: I finished my playthough, I didn't hurry and it took me right around 5 hours. The puzzles are on the easy side, but that's not a bad thing.
Do you recommend this game ?
Reynard_Muldrake: I finished my playthough, I didn't hurry and it took me right around 5 hours. The puzzles are on the easy side, but that's not a bad thing.
Sildring: Do you recommend this game ?
Sure, I got my money's worth. It's not very long but at this price point I think it's a good deal.
Thanks ! :)