It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SIMULACRA is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until April 30th, 1pm UTC.

You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It's up to you to piece it together.

Recover lost files, piece back corrupted data, and retrace her final steps. Find her before it's too late.
Mafwek: How long is it?
You should use HowLongToBeat.
MarkoH01: I already own this on Steam because of a bundle and also have finished it once (it has multiple possible endings). This game is really great and it's pure immersion. This is NOT just a VN or dating sim as some seem to assume here who are shouting "curation". This is a really scary experience I enjyoed a lot. Only thing that annoyed me was that the devs decided to use DRM on Steam. So I am not just glad that it's here on GOG, it's also an instabought for me.
i_hope_you_rot: Do you also recommend Her Story ?
You cannot compare those two. Yes, I enjoyed Her Story but I also realize and accept that it's hard to have less gameplay than you have in this game. All you do is type some search words based on what you saw or what you think might give you results. What I did like about Her Story though is the way they tell the story and how it can be interpreted in several different ways. So no, I would not recommend Her Story for people who want actual gameplay - only those who don't mind getting the story told in a completely different and unique kind of way. Which reminds me that one day I will have to play through "Portal" completely (old game don't know if you are familiar with it - but it's also just about story telling - without videos though, so much to read).

For everybody who liked Her Story this imo is still a good read.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by MarkoH01
ariaspi: You should use HowLongToBeat.
Not all games on HLTB are well covered, and since Marko was answering questions on the game...
MarkoH01: snip
Thanks.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by i_hope_you_rot
I played this a bit on my lunch break, and it was a great experience. I can't wait to work through the rest of it.
Btw: I just contacted the devs (obviously also the publishers in this case) and asked them to bring the free spin off "pipe dreams" to GOG as a free bonus as well. FIngers crossed that I will get a positive response.
low rated

Post edited April 27, 2019 by Fairfox
low rated
Dat skitzo copy tho.

> Become a voyeur once again
uh

> You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message.
What? You're not a pervert if you're saving a person from alien ghost cops!

I keep bashing Gone Home (privileged trust fund babby leech invading the privacy of her family: the game) when the topic comes up, and I keep praising Tacoma (corporate drone salvage worker preserving the memories of other corporate drones: the game) which sold significantly less.

Simulacra sounds like it has its heart in the right place but wants to appeal to the creeps who made Gone Home a bestseller.
I don't hate this, I just wish we could get some of the missing indie games high up on the wishlist. (We are getting Dusk which is great and indie-esque at least)
tfishell: I don't hate this, I just wish we could get some of the missing indie games high up on the wishlist. (We are getting Dusk which is great and indie-esque at least)
Well, I would like to have a bit more sunshine here ... what I mean is that the one thing coming here does not necessarily have to do anything with another thing not arriving here.
Starmaker: Simulacra sounds like it has its heart in the right place but wants to appeal to the creeps who made Gone Home a bestseller.
I hate to ask, but why are the people that enjoyed Gone Home creeps? I don't think I am very creepy in any way but I liked Gone Home. As I said, I enjoy different kinds of narratives and interesting ways to tell storys. Was there much gameplay in it - no. Did the story touch me? I liked the 80 vibes (my youth) and also was a little bit touched in the end. So now I am a creep? Why?
Post edited April 24, 2019 by MarkoH01
I don't know if the responses here are more funny then sad but they are certainly predictable.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/044/247/297.png
Post edited April 24, 2019 by Mr.Caine
low rated
Rolls Eyes.... How about a game with No iCraps or lamedroids in them we get enough of that crap in day to day life already!
tfishell: I don't hate this, I just wish we could get some of the missing indie games high up on the wishlist. (We are getting Dusk which is great and indie-esque at least)
MarkoH01: Well, I would like to have a bit more sunshine here ... what I mean is that the one thing coming here does not necessarily have to do anything with another thing not arriving here.
I agree. My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
I finished my playthough, I didn't hurry and it took me right around 5 hours. The puzzles are on the easy side, but that's not a bad thing.
MarkoH01: what I mean is that the one thing coming here does not necessarily have to do anything with another thing not arriving here.
Oh, but it does. Because the same """""curators""""" who think a horror-themed phone simulator is a perfect fit are the same """""curators""""" that refused two fine-looking upcoming oldskool point-n-clicks (Guard Duty and Detective Di) for being - YOU GUESSED IT! - too niche.

Quote from the Detective Di Kickstarter:
We will send out keys for both DRM-free and Steam versions on May 1st. Unfortunately, GOG was the only store so far that rejected our game*, so we will be using itch.io to distribute the DRM-free version instead.

*They essentially said the game was to niche, we tried to start a discussion about it, but they did not reply.
Look, I get that people like themselves their VNs, their hidden object games and their horror-themed phone simulators. I don't mind. And I get that gog like themselves the mad cash that these products (presumably) bring in. But variety is the spice of life, so it would be nice if the """""curators""""" would accept some games that are more in line with the stuff they used lure their original audience here in the first place.