It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SIMULACRA is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until April 30th, 1pm UTC.

You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It's up to you to piece it together.

Recover lost files, piece back corrupted data, and retrace her final steps. Find her before it's too late.
I'm too old for this...

Edit: oh, btw: https://freebies.indiegala.com/another-lost-phone-lauras-story/?dev_id=freebies
Post edited April 23, 2019 by BreOl72
low rated
"""""curation"""""
high rated
fronzelneekburm: """""curation"""""
96% positive reviews (of 696) on Steam, so yes, "curation". It has an audience. Frankly, at $2.49, I might be tempted to give it a try myself.
Crisco1492: 96% positive reviews (of 696) on Steam, so yes, "curation". It has an audience. Frankly, at $2.49, I might be tempted to give it a try myself.
Eh, I'll pass. Looks too much like a mobile game.
Seems almost like a sequel to "Her Story".
Crisco1492: 96% positive reviews (of 696) on Steam, so yes, "curation". It has an audience. Frankly, at $2.49, I might be tempted to give it a try myself.
fronzelneekburm: Eh, I'll pass. Looks too much like a mobile game.
Most lovely sarcasm.
StarChan: Most lovely sarcasm.
Aye. Supposed to be better on mobile. But my kumquat won't run it.

If there's one thing that bugs me about the screenshots, it's the use of vertical video. But, sadly, that is increasingly the norm in today's mobile world. So... yay for realism, I guess?
Post edited April 23, 2019 by Crisco1492
BreOl72: I'm too old for this...
Ditto. A weird game about someone from the "selfie" generation? No, thanks.
Weird, reminds me of that film where Captain America find that kidnapped lady's phone.
FINALLY, a game with Bob Ross in it!

I've been on GOG for ten goddamn years about this! What took so long!?
low rated
Wow, another worthy and definitely not too niche game in the catalog!
low rated
GOG Employee: "Hey why don't we release some of these hardcore dungeon crawler CRPGs that are on Steam that we previously rejected, that seems like our audience!"
GOG Boss: "NO IT'S TOO NICHE, RELEASE MORE DUMB TRASH FOR MILLENIALS!"
Post edited April 23, 2019 by Crosmando
Wouldn't a game like this still be considered "too niche"? I am in favor of curation and have actively argued in favor of it, through various topics. But I still have trouble understanding how a game like this is welcomed in, while games like Grimoire (90s dungeon-crawler RPG much more conducive to classic GOG user audience) do not make it. I did not think high review scores were the lynchpin or the point of the curation, it seemed to me more about what is a best fit for GOG's own audience.

EDIT: And this is not to bad-mouth either game, I am actually looking into Simulacra, but if given the choice...give me the old-school RPG every single time and I'd even pay higher price for it.

Also, does anyone think sometimes "fringe" games are accepted to measure the engagement of indie game fans/"new-GOG users"? In other words, right now the game release topics for niche games are mostly filled with older GOG users pointing out the apparent hypocrisy of a game like this being "too niche" to meet the little we know about the curation standards. But do you think eventually there will be enough indie fans to come into topics like this and shout the old users down, defending the game, et cetera? Food for thought. I think it is a way they are trying to gauge the gradual reshaping of their audience.
Post edited April 23, 2019 by rjbuffchix
Was that pun intentional? Considering you're controlling/investigating a phone? xD