It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until April 9th, 5pm UTC. Owners of original 7th Guest are eligible for 66% discount until April 9th, 5 PM UTC, and 60% off afterwards.

The famous game remastered in a new 25th Anniversary Edition! The father and mother of all 'Haunted Mansion' games. Winner of multiple gaming awards and “No. 1 Rated Game of 1994”.

The 25th Anniversary Edition includes a lot of fixes and improvements, like new controls, option to quickly skip scenes and new map, improved voice acting and graphic upscaling.

Original The 7th Guest is included as free bonus, alongside soundtrack, a novel, the original script and other goodies.
ChrisGamer300: Thanks, i don't have the game but now i'm curious !
See my edited post above, looks like I didn't get to it before you saw it. I own just the classic version and a Linux installer is still available there. I don't know if a classic version Linux installer is missing for new buyers or if hummer010 just means the remaster doesn't support Linux.
surprise, surprise : )
high rated
ah.

well.

mojotouch, eh?

yeah. i'm not going to touch this with a ten foot barge pole in the same way i didn't touch the simon the sorcerer re-do's.

[edited in later]:

and so, a titan of early gaming has fallen.

trilobyte, i love you, but i'm sorry. this isn't something i wanted.

if YOU had worked on the remaster and if YOU had put time into it, that would have been a different thing. but the fact that you gave it off to mojotouch to "remaster" just speaks volumes about how you view your games, now. and that's sad.
Post edited April 02, 2019 by lostwolfe
So this is why 7th guest was removed...
blotunga: I already have the original, so would this be worth it? I have no idea. I will also wait a few days to make up my mind.
I'll take a guess at.... no...

The in-game graphics still looks like it's the dithered 8bit, and old animations of going around the house.

If they had made a 3D model of the house, and higher quality scenes of them in the rooms... sure. But this looks like a few slapped on changes/updates.
And just like Simon the Sorcerer, they botched the release date by one day.

This tells me that they'll never learn from their mistakes.
Weird subtitle combinations according to the gamecard. It''s not possible to play the original English version with i.e. German subtitles. Why? It's not difficult to let user chose which v/o subtitle combination he wants.
Post edited April 02, 2019 by MarkoH01
ChrisGamer300: Thanks, i don't have the game but now i'm curious !
SirPrimalform: See my edited post above, looks like I didn't get to it before you saw it. I own just the classic version and a Linux installer is still available there. I don't know if a classic version Linux installer is missing for new buyers or if hummer010 just means the remaster doesn't support Linux.
The gamecard for T7G: 25th Anniversary Edition mentions:

Legacy Editions as FREE downloadable content (DLCs) for Windows, macOS and Linux (English voice-acting only)

So, it looks like you get the old (now removed from sale) version with support for Win, Mac and Linux as an extra, but only Windows is supported in the new remaster.
MarkoH01: Weird subtitle combinations according to the gamecard. It''s not possible to play the original English version with i.e. German subtitles. Why? It's not difficult to let user chose which v/o subtitle combination he wants.
Sometimes it's more difficult than it would have worth the effort / work hours though. Believe me, I know.

As for the remastered game, ehh, it's cheap enough and has lots of goodies that I'd like to have so I bought it.
I have the 7th guest in my library but am only seeing the 15% off and not the 66% like I should be.
ChrisGamer300: This is exactly what Beamdog is doing, bundle up the original with the remaster but unlike their games this is cheap though and i can't say i'm interested in a FMV horror game anyway.
Well, do not forget PS:T EE, which is a huge, faithfull upgrade in comparision to the vanilla version, saving a lot of time while causing no extra work (which can be the case with BG EE, BG 2 EE and IWD EE, as far a I know) and therefor definitely worth the extra costs.

Is this AE here saving time, giving more comfort in praxis and so on? Don´t know so far...
Very nice.
wizisi2k: I have the 7th guest in my library but am only seeing the 15% off and not the 66% like I should be.
try reloading the website, fixed it for me
I've got the old version and would have bought this one too if it had Linux support, oh well :-(
I've jumped here, because the discount is really nice. But:
a) no Linux support (previous version has it)
b) not sure what's exactly improved in the remaster
c) trailer looks as crappy as original, so I'm afraid the cheapest "remastering method" were used here, making the experience even worse than original...

For now – no, thanks.
ciemnogrodzianin: not sure what's exactly improved in the remaster
Knowing Mojo. For anyone whos not using a touch screen then nothing (its worse with their crappy options and menus.) For everyone that uses touch screen the game works better for that but got a massive downgrade on every other aspect.

All in all, I'd say don't get this. I 'd even go as far as saying if you can get the original instead, get that. Don't give Mojo any money as this is the second frachise they have ruined on non touch devices.
Post edited April 02, 2019 by Pond86