It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition is now available DRM-free. Get it 15% off until April 9th, 5pm UTC. Owners of original 7th Guest are eligible for 66% discount until April 9th, 5 PM UTC, and 60% off afterwards.

The famous game remastered in a new 25th Anniversary Edition! The father and mother of all 'Haunted Mansion' games. Winner of multiple gaming awards and “No. 1 Rated Game of 1994”.

The 25th Anniversary Edition includes a lot of fixes and improvements, like new controls, option to quickly skip scenes and new map, improved voice acting and graphic upscaling.

Original The 7th Guest is included as free bonus, alongside soundtrack, a novel, the original script and other goodies.
As expected when the original was removed from GOG. The original is a great game, but I doubt that this one adds anything worthwile.
ChrisGamer300: This game had Linux ? that is bad and even though i have both a Windows and Linux PC, i wish that Linux support improves and get better because most devs couldn't care less about it and favors micro shit instead
SirPrimalform: The old GOG version runs through ScummVM so it had Linux support in the sense that ScummVM supports Linux. I have no idea if GOG used to include a version packaged for Linux and if that has been removed.
Linux version is included.
Attachments:
01.png (53 Kb)
Post edited April 03, 2019 by Tarhiel
Tarhiel: Linxu verison is included
Cool, so at least nothing was lost for anyone.
MarkoH01: Weird subtitle combinations according to the gamecard. It''s not possible to play the original English version with i.e. German subtitles. Why? It's not difficult to let user chose which v/o subtitle combination he wants.
PraetorianWolfie: Sometimes it's more difficult than it would have worth the effort / work hours though. Believe me, I know.
Well, I cannot see any problem regarding programming to give the user at least the option to chose between all available subtitles freely. We are basically talking about an overlay here. The only problem I could even see is that some special characters would need to be adressed in a special way but that should not be such a big issue either. Anyway - if the gamecard is correct that's not possible here and I still think it is a shame for a so called remastered game.
Post edited April 03, 2019 by MarkoH01
Hey Mojotouch quit screwing up classic games with unwanted special editions thanks
high rated
tfishell: At least the original is included and the new price isn't a big jump up (at least for the US owners), in fact it's the same ($10) as before the price was dropped to $6.
That's still a 67% price increase, for... adding a video filter and removing Linux support?

I'm tired of these companies joining the "cheap" remaster business. And I'm more and more getting tired about GOG blocking the access to store pages of removed games for owners.
Hm, picked up the old version here a day before it was removed, for those extras. How do the extras in this release compare?
Those extras do sound good.
As someone who gave up partly because of the controls, I'm happy about this new edition, which is of course no surprise. Nice surprise is the affordable price, and all the extras. I MIGHT play and read the novel one day. If I ever choose to go back to the game, it is going to be this new edition.
TJF588: Hm, picked up the old version here a day before it was removed, for those extras. How do the extras in this release compare?
Here's a screenshot that shows all extras:
http://img18116.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=248133314_ZZZZZZ_122_400lo.JPG

The manual is identical.

The script is a 153kb epub file that seems to have the same content as the old release.

The Stauf files are a 22-pages pdf.

The Deleted Scenes are 19 videos (mp4 with an average length of 7 sec) and 19 audio files (aac, english only).
Not this shit again
high rated
I want to strangle this "developer" for continuing to pass off a cheap, art-ruining shit-smear of a filter as a high res remaster.

Mojotouch you are such trash.
Post edited April 03, 2019 by ReynardFox
PraetorianWolfie: Sometimes it's more difficult than it would have worth the effort / work hours though. Believe me, I know.
MarkoH01: Well, I cannot see any problem regarding programming to give the user at least the option to chose between all available subtitles freely. We are basically talking about an overlay here. The only problem I could even see is that some special characters would need to be adressed in a special way but that should not be such a big issue either. Anyway - if the gamecard is correct that's not possible here and I still think it is a shame for a so called remastered game.
For one, it's the special characters issue that you've mentioned that is more serious in some languages than others (eg. shouldn't be a problem at all with swapping German with English, but it probably would be with eg. English and Russian). That's not always the case, but with old games it usually is.

Another issue is, in localizations use of the available in-game audio cues might differ. Eg a speech quote could be merged into one cue and another end-up unused/silent or it could be way shorter in one language than the other. So mixing up subtitles would end up with a case where you'd get a subtitle but no voice, a subtitle that will just blink too fast, or a merged voiced quote but half the subtitle.

A similar issue is the timing in the *videos* where displaying subtitles is determined by timestamps only (this can and usually is different than in-game (not part of a video) speech). English audio will have different timing than the German or the Russian. So mixing subtitles would mean subtitles that could play out of sync

These are some of the issues I've come up against since I've had some experience with localization and subtitles for games; and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a few too. I'm not saying they can't be fixed, but they would require work that would probably not worth the overall effort.

What you can't really fix is the dialogue script changes that the localization teams make for the dialogue to work in their language better. Which ends up with cases where eg. one thing is said in English and a totally different thing is displayed in the German subtitles.
Well done, offering the discount for owners of the original game.

As of 2018, playing the original for the first time, the controls felt clunky. This edition might grant the game a second chance.
lostwolfe: ..but the fact that you [trilobyte] gave it off to mojotouch to "remaster" just speaks volumes about how you view your games, now. and that's sad.
^this, unfortunately.

This is a sad joke of a remastered version. While being not expensive it's still a slap in the face to all indie-developers putting real effort in creating new games, imo.