It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just like good times.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Expert's Hat, the Mesmerizing Necklace, and an Owlcat Pet as pre-order bonuses.
The massive Pathfinder tabletop universe now finally summoned into the body of a team-based, isometric RPG in the vein of the unforgettable D&D classics of yore. Build your character from 14 distinct classes, interact with quirky NPCs and fascinating companions (crafted with contributions from none other than Chris Avellone) as you forge your destiny in the turbulent Stolen Lands. With great power, come great ruling opportunities, and the kind of king you'll become shall hinge on your alignment, leading skills, and allies.

Grab the Imperial, Royal, or Noble Edition for the juicy extras.
4 different editions of the game... Will there be an upgrade path?
Post edited July 23, 2018 by eiii
Crosmando: That's a bold claim. I assume most Cyberpunk fans prefer the "pure" type, not the one with Elves, Orcs and Magic.
paladin181: It's a bold claim that Shadowrun is one of the best Cyberpunk settings? Or is it bold to state that the games are isometric and awesome?
It's bold to call Shadowrun cyberpunk, if anything it's science fantasy.
Breja: Finally!

Wait, this isn't that Pathfinder card game. Shit, I thought it's Pathfinder Adventures.

Damn. I mean, this look ok too, but not quite as unique, and it's expensive to boot. Maybe I'll grab it once there's a major discount.
Carradice: Did you notice the tabletop boardgame that appears at the beginning of the trailer? Is it real or rather a metaphor for the global map in this PC titlle?

Wondering if the card game (and thus the pc Adventures title) were derivative of another, older tabletop game, but never heard about anything like that.

Although probably they have considered making a pen and paper RPG off Pathfinder, in the vein of Warhammer. But wondering if they pay off nowadays (with digital-only editions, maybe).
You realise pen and paper rpg's existed long before the computer ones? This is the computer ones that are made of/off tabletop rpg's, not the contrary.
dtgreene: * I don't really like D&D based ones, as there are some issues with the system (like low levels being too random and frustrating, for example)
* I don't really like the isometric perspective; I prefer a straight overhead view, which has a more clean look, and where it is generally easier to tell where everything is and what's going on
Carradice: But the Pathfinder system has nothing to do with any D&D system... They mention it alluding to the (high fantasy) setting, with goblins, warriors, mages, etc.

About the isometric perspective, I wonder if it is really isometric or, rather, the camera will be able to move freely.
Pathfinder is D&D 3.5, with things added
Post edited July 23, 2018 by Alnar
Not sure how but I somehow missed this kickstarter, even knowledge of the game completely before now. I fear work and too many time commitments maybe taking their toll.

I'll wishlist the Imperial edition and buy when I get to that happy place where I have more to spend and the game is less.

Breathe in, Breathe out. Happy place......
Alnar: You realise pen and paper rpg's existed long before the computer ones? This is the computer ones that are made of/off tabletop rpg's, not the contrary.

[...]
Pathfinder is D&D 3.5, with things added
Ha! Do you?

You are barking at the wrong tree there.

The thing is, Warhammer RPG was derived from the figurine-based tactical game. So no, some RPG came before and some came after other products. So, It would not had been weird at all that another RPG would be derived from a non-collectible card game.

And yes, Breja and GasherBloodspuer already commented that the RPG predates the card game, although the card game has been rather successful and reached the tabletop games scene, a market that right now is healthier than the pen and paper RPG one (sadly but that is how things are). There is a PC/tablet version that his rather fun.

Finally, about the relationship between Pathfinder and D&D 3.5: too simplistic, too late. RWarehall explained it already, way better.
Its great theres another isometric RPG. In general I really dislike the Pathfinder art style though.
Are the minimum requirements for real or is this some failed placeholder?
Robette: Are the minimum requirements for real or is this some failed placeholder?
They are real, just have to remember that if you have computer around:
Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000
CPU: Intel Celeron 1037U @ 1.80GHz
RAM: 4 Gb
+ 30Gb HD space

You get (not great maybe 30fps or lower):
Resolution: 1366 x 768

So.. ..you can play it but I bet now days most people use atleast full HD.
Platform selection is live on the backer portal - I received and redeemed my GOG keys! Excited to play tomorrow! :)