It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just like good times.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Expert's Hat, the Mesmerizing Necklace, and an Owlcat Pet as pre-order bonuses.
The massive Pathfinder tabletop universe now finally summoned into the body of a team-based, isometric RPG in the vein of the unforgettable D&D classics of yore. Build your character from 14 distinct classes, interact with quirky NPCs and fascinating companions (crafted with contributions from none other than Chris Avellone) as you forge your destiny in the turbulent Stolen Lands. With great power, come great ruling opportunities, and the kind of king you'll become shall hinge on your alignment, leading skills, and allies.

Grab the Imperial, Royal, or Noble Edition for the juicy extras.
pbaggers: Does Chris Avellone just contribute a few lines of dialogue or two to every RPG now, so they can say "written by Chris Avellone"?
I would imagine so... my particular favourite is his involvement with both FTL and Into the Breach... sure FTL has some text bits, but Into the Breach has like a few dozen lines of dialogue.. I'm not sure they needed a 'legendary' RPG writer to write those...
As one who prefers the pathfinder edition rules to the latest D&D offering I am happy to pick up this. Just wish I had heard about it when it was getting kickstarted so I could have backed it.
soulroar: As one who prefers the pathfinder edition rules to the latest D&D offering I am happy to pick up this. Just wish I had heard about it when it was getting kickstarted so I could have backed it.
I'm actually a backer without knowing that I'm a backer. I pledged on dev website in November 2017, while kickstarter was running and I helped them reach Aasimar goal. I didn't even know when kickstarted truely ended, and just recently found that info.

I prefer D&D over other rules, but I'm looking forward to this game because I love character building it offer and I also like other neat features.
Well, I did enjoy Pillars 1-2 and Tyranny. I know the guy wasn't involved in those, but hey if the game is good and well written I'll enjoy it as well.
Looks awesome, into the wishlist it goes.
pbaggers: Does Chris Avellone just contribute a few lines of dialogue or two to every RPG now, so they can say "written by Chris Avellone"?
I suspect he provides a bunch of extra adjectives for every RPG, to be inserted into the prose, so as to make it a bit more flowery. ;P
This game is too expensive and has too little language packs for the price.

I will wait for the price drop and more languages - Português do Brasil, español, italiano, polski.
Alnar: Wishlisted, but I'll wait for it to be out and on sale.

When will we have an isometric crpg that is not generic heroic-fantasy? For example, one set in a far west/wild west setting? Or a science-fiction one? Fantasy has been done and redone, please, we need something new. I'm so bored of fantasy.
Yeah, it's frustrating.

FWIW, from what I know of the Pathfinder setting, one of the attributes is that there's supposed to be a crashed spaceship with robots and alien survivors hanging around off in one of the corners of the map. The original idea of the game was that it was going to be a throwback to pulp fiction that mixed sci-fi and fantasy more freely than you usually see today, although of course most of the people using the setting just do the usual elves and orcs stuff.
What's with the butthurt guy and his "No Polish - No Buy" gogmix?
Ilona: This game is too expensive and has too little language packs for the price.

I will wait for the price drop and more languages - Português do Brasil, español, italiano, polski.
What if they added a whole bunch of languages, but took away English?

What if the game offered nearly every written language, except for the ones that you happen to understand? Would that satisfy you?
Alnar: Wishlisted, but I'll wait for it to be out and on sale.

When will we have an isometric crpg that is not generic heroic-fantasy? For example, one set in a far west/wild west setting? Or a science-fiction one? Fantasy has been done and redone, please, we need something new. I'm so bored of fantasy.
You've probably been playing too many trash fantasy games like MMOs.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Crosmando
dtgreene: What if they added a whole bunch of languages, but took away English?

What if the game offered nearly every written language, except for the ones that you happen to understand? Would that satisfy you?
Yes ^^

I just compared to for example Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire which has more languages and is less pricy.
Personally I am satisfied with russian but for this pricetag the game should be translated to more languages.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness backed on kickstarter for €108,837 is now supporting 9 languages with more to come , while Pathfinder: Kingmaker was backed for $909,057 and more languages were promised as a stretch goals around 500K but it did not happen.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Ilona
dtgreene: What if they added a whole bunch of languages, but took away English?

Ilona: Yes ^^
So, you're saying that having the game support more languages is more important than the game supporting a language that you actually understand?

In other words, you'd rather have the game offer more languages than being able to understand what's going on?
dtgreene: So, you're saying that having the game support more languages is more important than the game supporting a language that you actually understand?

In other words, you'd rather have the game offer more languages than being able to understand what's going on?
Ask a silly question and you'll get a silly answer...
BeatriceElysia: I'm actually a backer without knowing that I'm a backer. I pledged on dev website in November 2017, while kickstarter was running and I helped them reach Aasimar goal. I didn't even know when kickstarted truely ended, and just recently found that info.

I prefer D&D over other rules, but I'm looking forward to this game because I love character building it offer and I also like other neat features.
Pathfinder was designed to work with D&D 3.5 directly. It really is just D&D 3.5 enhanced with some balance changes. The basic rule set is the same. So if you enjoyed 3rd edition D&D, it's really the same thing.

Of course 3rd edition is a different rule set from 1st/2nd or 4th or 5th.