It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just like good times.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it now to receive the Expert's Hat, the Mesmerizing Necklace, and an Owlcat Pet as pre-order bonuses.
The massive Pathfinder tabletop universe now finally summoned into the body of a team-based, isometric RPG in the vein of the unforgettable D&D classics of yore. Build your character from 14 distinct classes, interact with quirky NPCs and fascinating companions (crafted with contributions from none other than Chris Avellone) as you forge your destiny in the turbulent Stolen Lands. With great power, come great ruling opportunities, and the kind of king you'll become shall hinge on your alignment, leading skills, and allies.

Grab the Imperial, Royal, or Noble Edition for the juicy extras.
dtgreene: So, you're saying that having the game support more languages is more important than the game supporting a language that you actually understand?

In other words, you'd rather have the game offer more languages than being able to understand what's going on?
Ilona: Ask a silly question and you'll get a silly answer...
You obviously can read and write English fluently, so why do you care?
Also, having a language in a description doesn't make the translation a good one.
Many Kickstarter projects have proved that translation can be tricky and most language translations were pure crap.
a GOOD translation is quite pricy so i'll go with english (although i'm not THAT fluent with it, as you can see in my post here ^^)
if i have the chance.
Godfather101: Also, having a language in a description doesn't make the translation a good one.
Many Kickstarter projects have proved that translation can be tricky and most language translations were pure crap.
a GOOD translation is quite pricy so i'll go with english (although i'm not THAT fluent with it, as you can see in my post here ^^)
if i have the chance.
You're english is quite good, don't belittle yourself.
Carradice: Different versions are fine as long as the extras are not related to the gameplay, such as novellas, art books, avatars, wallpapers and so on.

Preorder items are fine as long as they are cosmetic only (Battletech did it fine, others, not so much).

About the DLC, it is a matter of how complete the game feels at launch.
nightcraw1er.488: Sorry, my time is too valuable to waste on working out which version is which, what is missing, what might be coming up etc.
Then probably the game is not for you...
GR00T: And yes, it's real time with pause.
Hopefully it is active pause.
pbaggers: Does Chris Avellone just contribute a few lines of dialogue or two to every RPG now, so they can say "written by Chris Avellone"?
adaliabooks: I would imagine so... my particular favourite is his involvement with both FTL and Into the Breach... sure FTL has some text bits, but Into the Breach has like a few dozen lines of dialogue.. I'm not sure they needed a 'legendary' RPG writer to write those...
Maybe he worked on the general setting and plot of the game as well.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Carradice
Godfather101: Also, having a language in a description doesn't make the translation a good one.
if i have the chance.
The best language to go is the one in which the game was initially developed or conceived. If the player understands it, of course. Else the translation into English (if it was not initially developed in English) will probably receive more scrutiny, thence the developers should take special care with that one.

And yes, better a good English version than a bad translation.

Not that sometimes a translation, which is a creative work as well as a prothesis, might add interesting touches of its own, and have a special charm, but that is rare, even if it does happen.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Carradice
Very pricey.

I also find insulting that they charge so much extra for a few DIGITAL things (like portraits or a pet). 85 euros for a few digital items - which have no basic copy cost? Pixels are expensive, I guess.
(This also applies to every game that does this shit, not Pathfinder in particular)
BeatriceElysia: I prefer D&D over other rules, but I'm looking forward to this game because I love character building it offer and I also like other neat features.
RWarehall: Pathfinder was designed to work with D&D 3.5 directly. It really is just D&D 3.5 enhanced with some balance changes. The basic rule set is the same. So if you enjoyed 3rd edition D&D, it's really the same thing.

Of course 3rd edition is a different rule set from 1st/2nd or 4th or 5th.
Yep. Pathfinder was developed from the Open Game License content of D&D 3.5 - it should feel similar. It's a fully fleshed out line of books - rules, settings, adventures, etc.

I missed the campaign but was able to pledge during the slacker backer period afterwards. Looking forward to playing it! :)
Carradice: Did you notice the tabletop boardgame that appears at the beginning of the trailer? Is it real or rather a metaphor for the global map in this PC titlle?

Wondering if the card game (and thus the pc Adventures title) were derivative of another, older tabletop game, but never heard about anything like that.

Although probably they have considered making a pen and paper RPG off Pathfinder, in the vein of Warhammer. But wondering if they pay off nowadays (with digital-only editions, maybe).
GasherBloodspuer: Yes the tabletop RPG pathfinder game is real . The card game and any video games came after the tabletop RPG.
Look up Paizo if you are interested in learning more.
Yes, I have even seen the rulebooks in bookshops, but I had forgotten about it. I was wondering what came first, the card game or the pen and paper RPG. Thank you.

Also, wondering what has Pathfinder that helps make it different from D&D, Warhammer, RQ, you name it.
pkk234: There should be an option for only Season Pass and no other random goodies.
I think they said on the kickstarter comments that there would be an option to buy the Season Pass around release time.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2243133?cursor=21077990#comment-21077989
"The season pass will be sold as a separate add-on before the game releases." Hopefully that will be the case everywhere and not something specific to a store.
Carradice: Maybe he worked on the general setting and plot of the game as well.
Not FTL certainly as he was only brought in for the advanced edition and so presumably only wrote some of the new content for that.
It could be that he worked on the setting of Into the Breach, but there's not much more of that then there is dialogue...
high rated
Carradice: Also, wondering what has Pathfinder that helps make it different from D&D, Warhammer, RQ, you name it.
Paizo/Pathfinder wrote a lot of "adventure paths" for D&D 3.5. They weren't modules, but detailed entire campaigns. When Hasbro dropped 3rd edition in favor of 4th, Paizo decided to continue with 3.5. But with the books going out of print, they decided to publish their own to keep it going.

Now, by the end, due to power creep (seemed every new book added classes and feats which were more powered than the last), D&D 3.5 had become rather imbalanced. If you used classes from the newer books, they were magnitudes better than the core classes. So, since Paizo was republishing 3.5 anyway, they decided to rebalance the core classes and clean up some of the problems. Classes received more skill points and feats which gave them more building options. Some skills were combined (like Spot and Listen became Perception). There was more of a benefit to stick to a single class rather than multi-classing but with it, there were more customization option for each class.

Pathfinder is 3.5 D&D, but their main contribution was that Paizo focused on writing good adventures for the game (where Hasbro had mostly moved away from selling adventures - usually just editing old ones for the new rules and reselling them).

I haven't played the Kingmaker adventure path, but heard good things about it as it's a little different. It adds nation building to the adventure. I've found most of the adventure paths I've played to be excellent. They tend to be well-written and usually leaves the world open to the player's choice of actions rather than being completely linear.
RWarehall, nice post, upvoted.
Never as big a fan of the pathfinder setting as most of the D&D settings-but I don't like 4th or 5th edition D&D (or what they did to the Forgotten Realms) at all. An Isometric 'Baldur's Gate-esque' rpg with the Pathfinder ruleset is probably the closest I can reasonably hope to get to my ideal of another pre-spellplague D&D crpg. Definately on my radar.

Still, the stupidly expensive preorders with exclusive content + season passes triggers my gag reflex. It's not often something comes along that checks all of the 'Buy!' column boxes for me while simultaneously hitting all of the 'don't buy!' ones....I might have to sit this one out and come back in a few years.
Game looks great!

Love the art direction - sort of a mix between the more washed out pseudo-realism of traditional crpgs mixed with a bit of sharp contrast - almost a subtle Torchlight kind of vibe.

Plus I'm a huge sucker for any RPG like this that incorporates a bit of town building. I hope it's fairly deep and meaningful - the last couple I played were sort of just "stacking points" without too significant an impact. Hopefully here it really drives the game and gives some tactile bonuses / advantages beyond an endgame splash.
What's with the "pricey" / "too expensive" comments? Do we already know how much content it offers? Does it not compare to Pillars of Eternity, Tides of Numenera, Divinity: Original Sin, Tyranny etc. who all have similar prices or higher?